Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:36:37 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Attack!!! of the Living Undead « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attack!!! of the Living Undead  (Read 1512 times)
Jack Corbett
« on: January 30, 2005, 08:33:35 PM »

Hi. This is a movie that I concieved a few weeks ago. I am currently working on the script for it. it is a zombie flick set in Australia (I'm Aussie) so don't blame me for language mistakes. Anyway, the details:

GENRE: Zombie
NAME: Attack of the Living Undead
PLOT:
While out hiking, a man is bitten by a swarm of ants. He goes back to a holiday village, zombifies, and creates about 30 zombies. The friends he is down on holiday with, however, hide inside their holiday house. That is, until a special agent from the organisation S.A.R.S. shows up, Lt. Dawley Brianson.

CHARACTERS:
Frank
Jemma
Tess
Brian (I play this guy!)
Paul
Nick
Nathan
Officer Dwight
Officer Martine
Officer Brooke
Lt. Dawley

GORE BITS:
- Head blown off by shotgun
- Head into T.V.
- Golf clubs to head (gorier than it sounds)
- Head down toilet (again, gorier that it sounds)
- Bite that tears open jugular
- Zombie hit by car (imagine hitting a watermelon with a sledgehammer)
- Ripped in half in door (That happens to me)
- Arm eaten

QUOTE:
"Glenn, this is for your own good."
(Glenns head explodes. The title forms from the blood.)

Eh? What do you think? Do you have plans for horror flicks?
PLEASE tell me what you think and if you have ideas for the movie.

"Name's Ash. (Cocks shotgun) Housewares"
nobody
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 09:36:36 PM »

Here's my advice:

I say toss out the "friends."

Have this main character, "Frank", go to Austrailia (for the very first time), alone, on a much needed vacation. Him and his wife have just recently divorced. He wants to take his mind off his troubles for a week or two- and possibly enjoy some adult time with a few Aussie girls (or tourist girls).

Frank meets an attractive girl at the "holiday village". "Jenna" (a.k.a."Jemma", if that's a female name). Jenna suggests they go hiking, since it's one of the main attractions this holiday village has to offer their tourists. Frank agrees to go hiking- but he doesn't want to go with a guide and a whole group of tourists. He wants some one-on-one time with this girl.

Frank lies to Jenna, saying he comes ot Australia for vacation all the time and is totally familiar with the trails. He convinces her they don't need a guide.

Frank and Jenna go hiking, alone. Frank leads them far into the outback, in the opposite direction of the tour group hike.

Frank proves, with his bad hiking skills, that he's a total liar. Frank and Jenna have their first "lovers quarrel." Jenna wants to go back to the village, and Frank agrees.

On the way back to the village, Frank ends up falling into a sinkhole. This is where the ants come in. p**sed off that this idiot has just invaded their territory, the ants bite the living hell out of Frank. Frank eventually makes his way out of the sinkhole.

Frank and the girl go back to the village. Jenna, feeling sorry for ant-ravaged Frank, stays by his side, applying ointment to his bites, cooking him food, etc... but the zombifying effects of the ant toxins start to play a number on Frank quickly. He gets angry, irrational, he gets in another argument with Jenna. She leaves...

Frank leaves the room to get some fresh air- which quickly turns to a frantic search for medical attention... a few of the village employees take him to a small medical room on the facility... but by the time they make it there, Frank is ZOA (Zombie on Arrival)...

Bring on the bloodbath!

The "friends" you listed can just be other tourists. Some become zombies, others become zombie fighters.

What do you think?
Jack Corbett
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 10:04:45 PM »

Thanks for the advice, nobody (That feels really wierd, typing in that name).

But the friends are all of the characters listed that aren't  the cops or Dawley. Plus, although I try my best to do a good amrican accent, I'm Australian. That's why its set here. The guy that gets bitten isn't Frank. Plus, a family that is friend of our family goes down to a little "summerhouse" place in the holidays. We went down there once. Look, I can't really explain what it's like. Don't worry, when I finish the film I'll put it online.

The guy gets infected when hiking with Frank, Brian, and Tess. They sit down for a rest, he leans back, the ants (Bull ants - these bastards are as big as postage stamps) crawl on his hand and bite him. Because it's "just" ants, they don't care, and the infection happens in the night. Trust me, a lot of people live down there. Dawley is an American, though.
nobody
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 10:22:16 PM »

Well it sounds like you've got everything pretty much planned out. The only thing I can really suggest then, since the framework has already been raised, is that you change the title. It's very... I don't know the right word to use here... "expected"?
Jack Corbett
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 10:47:29 PM »

It's a bit of a horror-comedy-parody-Braindead rip off style movie. Basically it's what someone comesup with after watching any of Peter Jackson's early work and doing a few zombie films in Lego. I don't want people taking it too seriously.

Oh yeah, how does this sound?:

-Watermelons will be used for sequences of exploding heads.
-Upper half of a mannequin will be used when Brian is kicked across the room. (There's a mannequin store down the road from my house)
-Tom Thumb fireworks used to simulate gunshot wounds.
-Cap guns.
-More cap guns.
-Cops being eaten by zombies that look like thugs.
-Golf clubs ("Hey, Nathan! Here's your Nine-iron back!","FORE!" etc.)
nobody
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 11:15:48 PM »

Oh. I get it. Maybe you can help me now. I've got a question for you. (And don't take this in an offensive way, because it's not meant to be)...

I've always wondered what the motivation is behind writing a zombie parody movie (or a purposely bad zombie movie)... There are a zillion of these movies in existence, and most of them are indistinguishable from one another. So why do you feel the need to make another one?

You've obviously come up with some strange death scenes- is that the main focus of your endeavor? You want to film these death scenes- and the zombie storyline is secondary?

Why do you want to spend time making this "rip-off" movie?
Menard
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 11:28:33 PM »

One of the nice things about a zombie movie for amateurs is that it can be made cheaply and people who like zombie movies (like me) will always want to see more (no matter how much we have been abused in this endeavor). Peter Jackson certainly pumped new life (pardon the expression) into this subgenre with his movie BRAINDEAD/DEAD ALIVE. With the release of SHAWN OF THE DEAD, there is probably even more emphasis on horror/comedy. One thing that comedy can do for a low budget movie is to keep it from being boring. And if it is successfully so-bad-it's-good, well that is a bonus.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 11:55:30 PM »

I'm sorry, I'm laughing at  the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes theme while writing this...

I don't find the question offensive.

First off, I know there are zillions of bad zombie flicks in existance, but very few of them are deliberate. And very few of them are good. I just happened to find Lego zombie film "All of the Dead" on www.spiteyourface.com in 2003, then I watched the excellent micro budget Aussie flick Undead. Then I read about Braindead (Dead Alive) on IMDb, watched it, and was blown away. Since then I've found out about many great flicks but not even consider watching terrible ones (I have my sources - Marray and Lachlan, two of my cousins). Basically, because I've been doing animations for several years, I want to try a live action film. Plus, you can pull off some funny gags with zombie films.

About the gore: I'm not trying to make it the focus of the movie. I just want people who love Bad Taste, Braindead/Dead Alive, DotD '04, Any good zombie film, in fact, to at least watch and be amused by this. Plus it's going to star teens under 18 maquerading as adults, which I think some people might find funny. Also, it just isn't a proper zombie flick without gore.

As for the watermelons... that was inspired by a Dawn of the Dead '78 mistake where a zombie's head is shot off and it is really a watermelon. When I told my mum about she found it funny. Overall I'm just doing it for fun. And if you thought those deaths were gory  check out my ideas on the Day of the Dead remake thread. Some of them are evil...

By the way, here's the end of it:

ENDING:

Dawley, Frank and Jemma survive the zombies. However, as they are about to leave, Frank and Jemma turn into zombies themselves - Jemma got blood into her eyes, Frank got blood into a cut - and they attack Dawley. Because he has no ammo, he locks them in his car. As he walks off, about six police cars arrive and the cops arrest him. Then some fellow S.A.R.S. agents come and try to free him.

BUT: A police officer sees Frank and Jemma in the car. He walks over and lets them out...
Jack Corbett
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 12:31:31 AM »

Thanks for the compliment, Menard.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Attack!!! of the Living Undead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.