Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:55:17 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battlestar Gallactica (2003) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Battlestar Gallactica (2003)  (Read 13472 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 11:31:06 AM »

Thanks for the info Trek.  As I said, it's certainly shaping up to be a good show.

I used to dabble a bit with Bit Torrent but it seems that most of the sites have been shut down in the past couple of months.  :(

I might have to see about it when I get my pc finally fixed.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Flangepart

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 11:53:05 AM »

Scott : The fleet had some factory ship among them. This, according to some of the BG books that came out.
The factory ship Vipers were somewhat heavy compared to proper production versions, and the experianced pilots got the best of the bunch. And, of corsh, replacement pilots came from the ships of the fleet.

If the new show has Vipers that use projectial wepons, versus energy wepons, they have to have ships that can make ammo, too.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 12:40:32 PM »

The Vipers they are using in the series are the MkII like the original series only  they are supposed to obsolete. The Galactica was being retired to become a museum and the old  Vipers were on display there.  When they cylons attacked they took out most of the Mk VII Vipers by infecting all the computer controls.  The old ones fly manually.

They do appear to use projectile weapons as well as rockets. The sidearms are also use bullets.

The official site at SciFi .com has a lot of info in a section about the ships. I don't  remember if they show the factory ship there or not., but I know on the old show they had one.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

I loved the fact that they were having to use old equipment instead of the new equipment that the Cylons could disable.  For some reason, it seemed to add a whole new level to it.  Here are the people, stranded against a force having to use old equipment.

I also liked the look of the old ships better anyway. :)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 01:18:25 PM »

The Vipers they are using in the series are the MkII like the original series only they are supposed to obsolete. The Galactica was being retired to become a museum and the old Vipers were on display there. When they cylons attacked they took out most of the Mk VII Vipers by infecting all the computer controls. The old ones fly manually.

Sounds like they put a lot of thought into this and came up with something pretty stupid...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2005, 01:25:21 PM »

Thanks. I'm going to try to catch this one Friday. Not 100% sure about that. Guess maybe I should try my record feature on my Comcast service. Haven't tried it yet.

Post Edited (01-11-05 12:26)

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 08:06:45 AM »

I watched the first half of the miniseries again last night on SciFi with my wife.  It seems that the version that I saw on NBC last week was heavily abridged.  I noticed numerous differences and scenes I hadn't seen before.

-Slight Spoilers-

I now know that there was a love interest between Apollo and Starbuck, and a love interest between the head of the maintenance crew and Boomer (Raptor pilot).  It was also interesting to know that the new president of the colonies has a type of tumor.  Just makes her appointment to office more interesting.  

I can't believe how much was taken from the film when NBC aired it.  It's like a whole new film.

odinn7

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 08:21:13 AM »

"there was a love interest between Apollo and Starbuck"

OK, that's somewhat disturbing. Apollo and Starbuck getting it on? They show this on TV? Or...wait a minute...tell me one of them is a chick now?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 08:42:56 AM »

Odinn,

LOL.  Yes, Starbuck is a chick now.  You wouldn't really know though unless you really looked at her.  geesh....

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 08:47:13 AM »

This is kind of a spoiler Starbuck is a woman and she was engaged to Apollo's brother.  This is addressed in a later episode as well as what really happened to  him.  Adama pretty much considers her a daughter.

Starbuck and Apollo are not names in this version they are fighter pilot call signs.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 08:53:16 AM »

trek_geezer wrote:

>
> Starbuck and Apollo are not names in this version they are
> fighter pilot call signs.
>

Okay, that's a kind of relief.  I loved the first series when I was kid, but always did think Starbuck was a bit of a weak name for someone who supposed to be the best fighter jock around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 08:54:58 AM »

Trek,

I figured that Starbuck and Adama's other son had something in the past.  There is a mention at the end of the miniseries that she was the one who passed him from flight school.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 03:27:35 PM »

>Starbuck is a chick now

My goodness is there no end to the future?

Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 03:37:39 PM »

Man, some of you guys are all moan, moan, moan.

Of COURSE it isn't an exact remake of the original series - that wouldn't work.

I personally think that the series is rather engaging, sure they've changed some of the things - they've got the human cylons, they've got Baltar in their midst... you don't really have an insight into the cylon side of things but it's well written and well acted etc.
JohnL

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2005, 12:26:53 AM »

>About the Vipers. When I use to watch the original series as I was a big fan. I was
>always concerned about the lost of Vipers during battle and their chance of
>reaching their destination before the Cylons would eliminate them. How would an
>emergency armada of loose ships handle the production of more Vipers?

I seem to recall that one of the episodes mentioned that new Vipers were being built. Of course, the new show will have that same problem.

>I used to dabble a bit with Bit Torrent but it seems that most of the sites have
>been shut down in the past couple of months. :(
>
>I might have to see about it when I get my pc finally fixed.

I just checked and episodes 1-9 as well as the miniseries seem to be available on eDonkey/eMule. They don't have very many sources though, which probably means a several day wait before each download starts and then a blistering download speed of about 1.5/sec.

>The Vipers they are using in the series are the MkII like the original series only
>they are supposed to obsolete.

I could be wrong, but I thought the Vipers from the original show were supposed to be MkI and that the MkII, while still old were somewhat newer. They're a little more streamlined than the originals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battlestar Gallactica (2003) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.