Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:32:37 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Digicam tricks « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Digicam tricks  (Read 835 times)
Spiffy Niffy
« on: January 10, 2005, 09:06:34 PM »

Hey gang in need a little help. Ever since my friend showed me these awsome pictures she took  that had all these special effects in them (weird strands of light coming out, cool blur effect,etc) i wanted to know how she did it, but she wont tell me!i wanted to know if anybody can help me with this  or gime some sites that might help. I am using a  Nikon  digital camera.Thanx
Menard
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 11:00:10 PM »

You can get some filters to fit the front of your lens that will give certain effects such as a SPECTRAL or PRISM filter (there are other names for them as well) in the proper light you can get rays of colored light. You can use a SOFT FOCUS or CONTRAST filter to soften the image. If you want to use software, you can find PHOTOSHOP plug-ins (many free) that can give you interesting effects. If you don't have PHOTOSHOP you can still use the plug-ins with PAINTSHOP PRO or a freeware editor called IRFANVIEW. If you are looking to buy filters you can check online with PORTER'S CAMERA or B&H PHOTO/VIDEO. If your camera does not have a filter ring, POLAROID used to make (and maybe still do) a filter set for their cameras that would clip to the inside of the sliding lens cover and would also work with several point & shoot cameras. If you are taking digital images, I would recommend the PHOTOSHOP plug-ins because if you use a physical filter, that effect is always going to be part of your image and could degrade the quality of the image. This is taking into consideration that a lot of people work with a digital camera with an image capacity of 3-5 megapixels. A 35mm frame of 100 speed film holds the equivalent of 15 megapixels of image quality giving you more room for image degradation. If you want to use physical filters and want to save money, here are a few tricks: 1) to soften the image and reduce constrast you can put a piece of screen wire (tight weave), such as you would find on a screen door, in front of the lens; the wire will not become part of the image because it is too close to the lens 2) for a blur effect you can smear vaseline on a clear piece of plastic and hold it in front of the lens; you can also use a cloudy piece of plastic 3) for multiple image and prism effects find a cheap kaleidiscope(sp) or other toy that gives visual effects and remove the plastic lens from it. Most anything that is transparent to a degree can be used as a filter or effect.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Digicam tricks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.