Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:14:19 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slightly OT- Lame Superheroes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Slightly OT- Lame Superheroes  (Read 5611 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 01:24:36 AM »

The other night I was flipping channels and I hit some half-hour show of short animated films. I think it was on Nicktoons or one of those channels. What caught my attention first was a great CGI short that put the human animation in the Final Fantasy movie to shame. One of the other shorts was an old-style superhero cartoon, except that the superhero was The Accountant and his sidekick Ledger Lad. It was really, intentionally lame. He kept going back to his adding machine, trying to solve the sidekick's kidnapping by repeatedly crunching numbers.
Ed
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 12:34:24 PM »

I think the Phantom was more of a detective/Batman type.  He was big on using the old .45 whenever needed.  
Sorry, I loved him when I was a kid.  I think I'm 25 years too young.
-Ed
Flangepart

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 02:41:04 PM »

Thw Wonder Twins got it bad on ADULT SWIM.
The parodies were cold blooded!
And the gag on Harvey Birdman....Heh heh heh!
" Because..because i was the bathwater!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Drezzy Mac
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 09:26:29 PM »

Jesus! Buddha! Moses! Confucius! Mohammed! And...Seaman! Heeheehee...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2005, 11:16:58 AM »

Maybe we're being a bit hard on the Wonder Twins. I mean, they could be very effective in any situation in which the villain can be defeated by an animal dumping a bucket of water on him. OK, I take that back. They suck.

This thread got me thinking of the old Monty Python piece about Bicycle Repairman. Everybody in the world is Superman, complete with the suit. They all have super powers. But when one of their bicycles breaks down, they call on BICYCLE REPAIRMAN! - this little unassuming guy with glasses and a toolbox, played by Michael Palin. He appears on the scene and turns a couple of nuts, while the supermen look on in awe. Funny stuff.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
odinn7

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2005, 01:35:29 PM »

Well, I do have to agree on the Wonder Twins but I still hold my belief that Aquaman is the lamest. I base this on the fact that at least the wonder twins can turn into something. Aquaman? He talks to fish. Oh hell, it might have to be a tie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Menard
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 02:42:25 PM »

AndyC wrote:

>
> He appears on the scene and turns a couple of nuts, while the supermen look on in awe.
>

That is truly a talent.

Ed
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2005, 03:22:55 PM »

I have a VERY vague memory of a 60's comicbook hero who could detach his arms and legs and use them to pummel  bad guys from all angles.  Anyone remember him?
-Ed
Ozzymandias
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2005, 08:34:25 PM »

That character was called, sadly enough, Captain Marvel. He would yell "SPLIT!." They were sued by the owners of the Captain Marvel name. Another character in the comic book series was either Plastic Man or The Shadow. The company got sued for that too.  It hink the villans name was Batman (not sure).

While we're on this subject, I recently read that when Gold Key made a Gomer Pyle comic book they were not allowed to use the word "Shazam!" because they would have had to pay for it (being another comic book company).
Kory
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 04:28:44 AM »

I'll tell you who DIDN'T suck...

Hong Kong Phooey: #1 Super Dog

Ed
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005, 11:56:42 AM »

I definitely remember him yelling "Split!"  Thanks for completing my memory.
-Ed
Master Blaster
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 02:16:03 PM »

I've always wanted to pit Hong Kong Phooey against Captain Caveman in a cage match to the death. Hong Kong Phooey's deadly skills against Captain Cavemans primitive murderous instinct. Regardless of who won blood aplenty would flow.
Derf
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 02:59:49 PM »

Master Blaster wrote:

> I've always wanted to pit Hong Kong Phooey against Captain
> Caveman in a cage match to the death. Hong Kong Phooey's deadly
> skills against Captain Cavemans primitive murderous instinct.
> Regardless of who won blood aplenty would flow.

And it could be a double bill with Jabberjaw vs. the Great Grape Ape! But instead of blood flowing, I guess it would be grape juice...

DARKWOLF
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2005, 04:08:44 PM »

Aquaman wasn't to lame I know talking to fish was stupid but eveybody forgot he also has superhuman powers. Falcon also had superhuman powers from Captain America when he got hurt really bad on a mission and need blood. Captain America gave him some of his I remember that in my Falcon comic books.
Kory
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2005, 11:49:14 PM »

I'll bet on Hong Kong Phooey.   Captain Caveman was way too much of a spaz- he would make a fatal mistake.  I have no doubt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slightly OT- Lame Superheroes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.