Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:49:02 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Got rid of another troll « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Got rid of another troll  (Read 1348 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: January 13, 2005, 11:14:25 AM »

I killed a post to that Meet the new James Bond thread.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 12:37:34 PM »

I see it.  Looks like just the normal, random kind.  If they become a problem, like the last 2, I just drop them into the deny list for the entire website.  If anything ever really gets out of hand, I will turn on registration required for the message board.  Have not seen the need for that yet - due in no small part to some vigilant and fair moderators.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 05:12:56 PM »

Moderators are good. I'm glad that ours are into that whole 'order thing' and not into big brotherness.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
odinn7

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 06:06:55 PM »

You got that right Dunners. I frequent another board where the mods are freaks. Minor disagreements or simple words like "crap" and they warn you that they'll be locking the thread or removing you from the board. It hasn't happened to me yet but I've seen it and usually a few times a week. The mods that we got here, I applaud all of you. You let things happen as they will and just worry about if things get out of hand.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Menard
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »

I think the mods on this board are doing a good job because they are fans first and mods secondly. They actually can tell the difference between a fan, a newbie, and a troll.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 09:25:09 PM »

Yeah this board does a good job with of knowing when to step in. Thats why I like come here (besides the b-movies).

You can’t give it, you can’t even buy it, and you just don’t get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Ozzymandias
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 10:44:13 PM »

I also like that people are stepping in.  I've been going to a radio industry message board in Missouri hoping to hear of a job or some useful information. It is mainly a guy my company fired posting messages under an alias trashing our company and everyone that works there. Of course, this classy individual is on another industry message board trashing the company and people he currently works with.

I tried to start a thread once about violence toward on-air personalities (this came after a TV reporter in Texas was murdered) and this jerk said "Nobody would care if you were murdered."

We also have a lot of werid talk radio freaks on that board who trash TV and music radio and keep calling for the "New media revolution."

The moderator rarely steps in and stops anything. He had people register, but this former co-worker of mine registered under about five to ten names.

Also this board seems to be made up of nicer people. If we get any major professionals on the radio board this jerk runs them off.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 01:23:33 PM »

About the only thing that I  will remove is personal attack messages.  If people have an honest  difference of opinion over something and stick to the subject  and don't  start flaming each other I don't have a problem. I've tried to take part in other boards that allowed that stuff to go on and it just isn't worth it when you want to start a discussion about something  and  all you get back is personal insults.

I've been on this board for over a year and it is the nicest one I have seen as far as people getting along. We have a dispute once in a while, but overall it's a great place. I like coming here and hope to keep on for a long time.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 01:35:13 PM »

I too must commend the mods on this board.  It's great to have some good people watchin over.

Keep up the good work.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 09:43:33 AM »

What happened? I guess I missed all the action...
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 11:56:51 AM »

Another troll gotten rid of?  What, did Ben Affleck die?

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Flangepart

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 03:06:56 PM »

What, you diden't know Affleck was a member of the undead? Or ..oh,wait,.. was that the duck?....
Good work, Mods. You've kept this place civil, and that shows respect to Andrew.
Good show!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Got rid of another troll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.