Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:01:31 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HBO's "Carnivale" Season 2 premiere tanks in the ratings « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: HBO's "Carnivale" Season 2 premiere tanks in the ratings  (Read 29787 times)
blkrider
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2005, 07:58:37 PM »

I was a Peaks fan back when it was going on, and don't see much similarity between it and Carnivale.  With Peaks although there were a lot of odd twists and turns everything still was working toward the main story, the mystery of Laura Palmer.  There was never much question what the show was about, until the last few episodes, which of course was the point where people stopped watching it.

Carnivale just seemed like weirdness for weirdness' sake--it probably would have worked if it were only a two-hour movie, but not a good idea for series television.
Amber
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2005, 06:43:14 PM »

I have to admit the 1st season of Carnivale was slow and even this season was slow to start but now it's AMAZING!! The plot has started to really draw people in.
My brothers made fun of Carnivale during the 1st season and swore they wouldn't watch it anymore, however I made them watch it with me and now they love it. They look forward to Sunday nights BECAUSE of Carnivale. I think you nay-sayers are just to simple minded to grasp the vision of the story, it has depth and a very involved story!!!

So to those of you who say Carnivale "sucks"  maybe you might want to turn the channel and watch some reruns of Friends, that might be simple enough to hold your attention and keep you "tuned in"!!!!!
Amber
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2005, 06:50:12 PM »

Man, Carnival has a great story, after the directors established the characters and the plot they REALLY did a top notch job on moving everything to this point. It's the best t.v. series on the air right now. I am glad I gave the show a chance because I am not the least bit disappointed!!!!!!

I LOVE CARNIVALE!!!!!!!!!

You are in for a hell of a ride!!

nobody wrote:

> Since you're watching the second season right now, tell me,
> without spoilers- are questions getting answered, or are the
> writers just piling on more and more confusion?
>
> I bought the first season box set. I just finished re-watching
> those last weekend. My brother is taping all of season 2 for
> me. I plan on diving into those tapes when the entire season
> has aired.
Shane
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2005, 12:23:35 AM »

I am not in any way "simple minded" this show is blatenly bad. Hence the fact nobody is watching it. Hbo tried too hard to come up with something original and it backfired. It was boring, too slow paced and not interesting enough to capture an audience attention. Nobody wants to sit down and have to watch 5 episodes just to FINALLY START getting what the hell is going on.  It isn't a good show to me whatsoever.
draggon355
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2005, 04:40:48 PM »

I  never liked this show always found it bad. they try and up the ratings by having some nudity in it, but it didnt do the show justice. The people who were getting nude were ugly and fat. Their are these strippers on the show called the 'cootch dancers' and they are all ugly, and all fat. one of them is really fat, one of them is chubby with small boobs(I think her name is libby). they even have ugly nakesd people on the show with bad bodies. so i turned it off for good. hehe.
Nancy
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2005, 04:48:24 PM »

Yeah draggon355...that chubby girl with small boobs is named libby, her real name is carla gallo. She is such a sell out. I used to watch a show called "Undeclared" and she was in it a few years back.. she did an audio interview about the show. The reporter asked her if she ever appeared nude in the show and she said "No I was only in a bra I wasn't nude, because my family is watching and I don't really believe in getting nude on camera." I guess when unemployment hit and her show got cancelled her so called morals changed. Now she is playing a stripper and is nude in ever single episode. She doesn't even have the body to be nude all the time like you put it. She has a blubbery belly, she is a bit over weight and could stand to shake a few pounds and tone up. Not to mention she doesn't have big breasts either at all. I was just so p**sed at how she totally went back on her word and morals. She didn't believe in nudity and then literally 2 years later she is nude all the time. What a piece of trash...a bad actress to boot.
Davinci
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2005, 11:47:14 PM »

I really enjoy this show. It was slightly slow on the plot movement in the first season. The second season has really delivered a deep story line with characters that actually have backgrounds, to me this is one of the only good shows out there at the moment. I can't seem to understand all the posts against this show on this forum though. Guess any plot to a show or movie past "Ernest Goes To Camp" eludes most of you. Maybe if HBO aired the movie "Roadhouse" or (insert any Steven Segal Movie Here) you guys would be satisfied. To address the issue of the women doing the nudity being overweight, that was the attractive body style for that era. It is only in our aneroxic society that was have started to worship women that have the body of a prepubesent 13 year old boy. Its odd to me that reality shows and things like nascar do so well. I mean 3 hours of guys driving around a track in a circle grabs peoples attention but a well written/directed show can't? At my workplace everyone that I have shown the dvds to has started watching the show but hey we all have opinions. (And yours is likely wrong)

blkrider
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2005, 11:02:09 AM »

Actually I find NASCAR about as dull as I did "Carnivale."   Maybe some people don't have better things to do and can spend the six or seven hours it took for Carnival to get its story started, but I don't.  There are much better shows out there, like Deadwood for example that have more respect for the audience's time.  I guess  the show's fans think it's profound, I just think Carnivale was poor storytelling.  

The defensive reaction just goes to show that people know how poor the show is, they just refuse to admit it.
Vik
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2005, 05:51:14 PM »

I just started watching Carnivale this season and I am a HUGE FAN! I find it similar to Stephen King's The Stand.  It is the classic Good -v- Evil! If the charactors aren't all pumped and alived, consider the role the are playing.  It is the deprssion, in the dust bowl, I don't exactly see Cadillac's , Corona's and some nice Greenday playing in the back ground.  Of course they are not going to be all bright eyed-and-bushy-tailed!  I will even go so far as to say I have a little crush on Nick Stahl. Iris is fantastic! and poor Sofie how finds herself pulled to the dark side.  What a GREAT SHOW!  I for one, even if I am the Only One applaude Carnival.  I am grieved to see it go.
Vik
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2005, 05:53:48 PM »

I just started watching Carnivale this season and I am a HUGE FAN! I find it similar to Stephen King's The Stand.  It is the classic Good -v- Evil! If the charactors aren't all pumped and alived, consider the role the are playing.  It is the deprssion, in the dust bowl, I don't exactly see Cadillac's , Corona's and some nice Greenday playing in the back ground.  Of course they are not going to be all bright eyed-and-bushy-tailed!  I will even go so far as to say I have a little crush on Nick Stahl. Iris is fantastic! and poor Sofie who finds herself pulled to the dark side.  What a GREAT SHOW!  I for one, even if I am the Only One applaude Carnival.  I am grieved to see it go.
Vik
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2005, 05:54:15 PM »

I just started watching Carnivale this season and I am a HUGE FAN! I find it similar to Stephen King's The Stand.  It is the classic Good -v- Evil! If the charactors aren't all pumped and alived, consider the role the are playing.  It is the deprssion, in the dust bowl, I don't exactly see Cadillac's , Corona's and some nice Greenday playing in the back ground.  Of course they are not going to be all bright eyed-and-bushy-tailed!  I will even go so far as to say I have a little crush on Nick Stahl. Iris is fantastic! and poor Sofie who finds herself pulled to the dark side.  What a GREAT SHOW!  I for one, even if I am the Only One applaude Carnival.  I am grieved to see it go.
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2005, 11:27:51 PM »

Why is it most of the non-registered AOLers posting in this thread and agreeing with each other seem like the same not-so-intelligent person? Anyone else who bothered to read through this getting that same feeling?

And yes, I use AOL, I am fully aware. I am also not much for paying for a dialup internet connection.

/tangent
Shane
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2005, 01:02:50 AM »

What do you mean "the same not so intelligent person"? First of all I am a very intelligent person don't insult what you don't know. Second of all, their are TONS of unregistered aol users all over this site on every board. It was personally easier for me to not worry about registering and simply reply faster. I am not going to sit here and sign up to use a site when I can use it without the hassel. No one is dumb enough to be the 'same person' under different names. That makes so sense at all. I hate canivale and I have no problem telling you that point blank period. I may be more passionate about my hate for this show that others but hey thats just me. Trust me, it ain't just this board that hates carnivale. Want proof that tons of people hate this show. Look at the ratings babe. I think its just and excuse to avoid the fact that carnivale has no audience. But ratings don't lie. It's quite obvious that people dislike the show, so I'm not the only one.
Sampson
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2005, 03:05:47 AM »

....................yeah, it's pretty much the same 5th grade educated person. LOL!  The same style of writing, the same writing errors and, well, the same simple mindedness in trying to be different "people". -(plus, for those who have an "ISP-Checker" checker program, it's the same I.P. address over and over and over.)
         This person obviously has a lot of time on his/her hands and cannot think of anything better to do, but hey, whatever floats this person's boat, i guess. -(I hear "The Dukes of Hazzard" is now out on DVD; maybe that would do the trick?)

~Please find a different hobby because "you've been had."

Sampson
Gail
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2005, 08:40:17 AM »

My husband and I love the show Carnivale.  We want a third Season.  This show is different from other shows and we look forward to seeing more.  Thank you to all the writers you are doing a great job.  All the actors are on the show are real good actors , you couldn't ask for any better than them.  Love the show.  Thank you HBO.  Gail
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HBO's "Carnivale" Season 2 premiere tanks in the ratings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.