Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:21:26 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WOTW trailers online (not the Spielberg version) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WOTW trailers online (not the Spielberg version)  (Read 2732 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: January 14, 2005, 10:01:08 AM »

These are for the Timothy Hines version, which takes place in the original setting of the book.

There are no Martians in the teasers and only a couple of quick shots in the theatrical trailer.  The links are weird, click on the pictures for the teasers and click the line that say Theatrical Trailer for the real trailer.   They say it is coming to theaters March 30, but nothing about where. From the very short bit you see, the tripod walkers look pretty good.

WOTW Trailers

If you want to see other stuff abou the movie go here: Pendragon Pictures

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 10:27:40 AM »

I'm actually looking forward to this one a bit more than the Spielberg film.

It is unfortunate though that this film will probably be killed by the juggernaut that is Speilberg's vision.  I do love the idea of the film taking place in the original period as the book.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
PSlugworth
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 04:00:23 PM »

Actually, I seem to remember that they had been planning this movie for quite a long time, and originally it WAS going to be in a more contemporary setting, but shortly after the attacks on September 11th they thought maybe it wouldn't be quite as cool to destroy the present-day NYC landscape, so they decided to take a more faithful route to the original book...

Official Member of the Don Knotts Fan Club.
andrew sylvester dot com
Mitch McAfee
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 04:55:21 PM »

Now I'm all for supporting the under dog.... and I'm the biggest fan of the original novel & have always wanted to see a faithful big screen adaptation...

But boy does this look awful. The trailer has been edited to look like a cheaply made fan film. So much so I was expecting to see two Jedi’s duelling with lightsabers!

I admit that one low angle shot of the tripod legs stomping over the camera looked cool, but I hope that shot of Big Ben blowing up was a Previz shot & NOT a fully rendered one.

I honestly can't see how this is getting released, in less than 2 months, without any major studio distribution in place.
trekgeezer

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 06:44:03 PM »

I saw some artwork from the modern version they were planning somewhere quite a while back. I think it was to take place in Seattle where Pendragon is located.

They did use models and such for the tripods. I 'm going  to reserve judgement until I see some real film.  The trailers were pretty bad transfers.  I can forgive some bad effects if they can deliver on the drama.

kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 11:26:46 PM »

It looks PERFECT.....a period piece the way it was MEANT to be! As for the complaints here about the trailer looking "cheap", etc.....Well, all I can say is they obviously (and naturally) MEANT to have it look like an authentic period film in the time period it's supposed to be in, and therefore deliberately AVOIDED a high-tech/CGI look.

Bravo to Pendragon! I'm more excited about seeing this than Spielberg's abortive version.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 03:01:49 PM »

I Loved the opening credits piece..."Before ww2!...before ww1!..." Nice tweak of the 53 version opener.
The "Tripod shot" looks cool, yes, but the "Heatray"...how could it have the momentum to shove Big Ben that far? Don't help my "Will suspension of disbelief", as it were.
But, yeah...i wanted this to be a period piece too.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 01:38:25 PM »

Looks like the Pendragon productionof War of the World is getting released on June 15.

Read about it here.

odinn7

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 01:55:46 PM »

The way I understand that is that the DVD release has been pre-sold with a release date of June 15th. According to what I read, the movie was supposed to be released sometime in April. If they've pre-sold the DVD release for June 15th, it's going to be tight, if not impossible at this point, to get it into theaters. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WOTW trailers online (not the Spielberg version) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.