Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:57:43 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3 Recent Viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 3 Recent Viewings  (Read 3262 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 05:20:39 PM »

Maybe the cannon was searching for it's long lost family. Does anyone know who it's 'fodder' was? ( :

Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 05:23:05 PM »

Good one Menard. All you need now is Abbott and Costello and the film would have made a great comedy.

Menard
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 06:13:15 PM »

In the movie, Abbott and Costello could have played foot-soldiers. It could then have been called 'The Pride and the Bunion'. Honestly, I wouldn't be 'lion' to you. ( :

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 03:00:14 PM »

After that brief intermission, back to the topic. I've seen two of the films. "The Last Valley" and "The Pride and the Passion." Probably liking the former better then the latter. Though, I don't know whether neither one is that good. As said, "The Last Valley" covers the 30 Years War, and "The Pride and the Passion" covers the Penisular Campaign. Both wars rarely covered in films, that is at least until the Sharpe series on television, which also covered the Penisular Campaign in some depth. Both have interesting (IMHO) literary antecedents. "The Last Valley" was written and directed by writer James Clavell, and "The Pride and the Passion" is based on a better novel by C. S. Forester. If that last name doesn't mean anything, then think the Horatio Hornblower naval series.

Yaddo 42
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 12:51:32 AM »

I have "The Last Valley", and tried to watch it two times and got bored around the one hour mark both times. Which really disappointed me because the cast and the setting intrigued me. Glad you liked it better than I did.

Of the Brando films you haven't seen, the only one I've seen all of is "Bedtime Story" costarring David Niven. I guees you know it was remade as "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" starring Steve Martin and Michael Caine. "Bedtime Story" is a mildly cute studio comedy from the 60s. I'd say it's a decent lazy Sunday afternoon film, but nothing special. I was surprised how little of the plot was changed in the remake.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3 Recent Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.