Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:13:47 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  No R-rated director's cut of Alien vs. Predator! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: No R-rated director's cut of Alien vs. Predator!  (Read 6676 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 20, 2005, 06:32:17 PM »

Remember back when AVP was in theaters and there were rumors that the studio had cut it to get a PG-13 rating, but that all the deleted scenes would be restored for an R-rated/unrated director's cut? Well apparently what was in the theaters WAS the director's cut!

According to the discussions on the IMDB, the rumors about a gorier cut were started by a fake interview and that Anderson has said in various other interviews that the movie was always shot as PG-13 and there is no other cut of the film. The two-disc special editions just contain a couple slightly extended scenes, without really adding anything to the film. The DVD's do include an unused opening, which is only about 90 seconds long and which most everyone agrees is pretty weak.

Let the Anderson bashing begin...
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 06:48:05 PM »

OK, I'll take a beating for this but I didn't think the movie was too bad. It kept me entertained when I went to see it. I did think that a movie that contains aliens and a predator should have been somewhat more...um...vicious. The fact that the Predator is one of my most favorite movie monster/alien is probably why I didn't have too much of a problem with the movie in the theaters.
Now, with that said...
I had heard these rumors of a directors cut and got quite excited about being able to see the aliens and predators fight the way they should fight. Now you're saying there isn't any directors cut and that we were duped all along? Let me be the first to say: sumb***h! I hate Hollywood.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 09:05:42 PM »

*Yawn* didnt see the pg-13 vesion, if there was an R cut wouldnt see it either.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
dudeman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 09:20:37 PM »

I knew this was going to happen. Not that I'd think it would make a big difference with  gore in PG-13 and Rated R these days, t's mainstream Hollywood, they always hesitate to show some real nasty stuff most of the time which is a shame cause they got the budget to do anything.
Max Gardner
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 12:22:43 AM »

This movie was just plain bad. They made the Aliens cute and the Predators human. I love both franchises dearly, and it makes me sad that this film will inevitably poison both of them for future viewers.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 08:52:07 AM »

That's some sucktastic news! I guess I won't be watching either version now.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »

I didn't see it in the theaters, but I'll probably catch it on DVD.

I wouldn't be surprised if this info is false.  JohnL, that is no way a jab in your direction.  It is quite possible that this is studio performing the amazing art of misinformation.  I wouldn't be surprised if in about a year or two after everyone has bought the PG-13 DVD that a Special Edition Dir Cut/R cut will show up on DVD.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 09:12:13 AM »

>I wouldn't be surprised if this info is false. JohnL, that is no way a jab in your

No problem, I knew what you meant. :)

>direction. It is quite possible that this is studio performing the amazing art of
>misinformation. I wouldn't be surprised if in about a year or two after everyone
>has bought the PG-13 DVD that a Special Edition Dir Cut/R cut will show up on
>DVD.

A couple people on the IMDB boards said the same thing.
Drezzy Mac
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »

f**k Paul WS Anderson. Thank you.
Mcygee
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 11:25:44 AM »

I liked the movie, but as a long time fan of both Aliens and Predator I'm very dissapointed in the PG-13 rating.  I too fell prey to the rumors of a director's cut version.  Which is how I ended up on these boards, because I was looking to see if one was out.  

*SPOILER BELOW - DON'T READ IF YOU HAVN'T SEEN THE MOVIE*

Can anybody tell me how Bishop dies in this movie, when he is supposed to have created the android design who appears in Aliens and Alien 3.  And he himself is supposed to be the one who shows up at the end of Alien 3 trying to stop Ripley from killing herself.  Does this make sense somehow and I just don't see it?
Drezzy Mac
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 06:12:32 PM »

It's an ancestor of the Bishop in Alien 3. At least that's what I got out of it, considering the Bishop in AVP is much older than the Bishop in Alien 3, and Alien 3 takes place a couple hundred years later (as AVP takes place in current day).

My question is how Bishop's descendents came to know of the xenomorph when current-day Bishop dies in Antarctica?
Neville

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 10:37:58 AM »

I think the point is that the "Bishop" androids were inspired by the physichal appearence of the founder of "the company", which happens to be Lance Henrikssen.

About the movie, IMHO it suffers from the same problems than "The league of extraordinary gentlemen": It is not good enough to please us and not bad enough to make us feel further interest. Still, it's better than "Alien: Resurrection".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 02:11:51 PM »

At the risk of sounding like a geek--the Bishop at the end of ALIEN 3 is an android as well despite his claims to the contrary.  It becomes pretty obvious when the inmate wacks him with the wrench and it barely phases him.

The A v P Bishop is the head of the company that would eventually become "The Company" that builds the androids.  Of course trying to make *any* kind of sense beyond the fact that they wanted Lance Henrickson in the movie is a waste of time.
JohnL

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 06:28:05 PM »

>My question is how Bishop's descendents came to know of the xenomorph
>when current-day Bishop dies in Antarctica?

That's what comes from a poorly thought out script.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »

That's what comes from a poorly thought out script.

C-3PO would like a word with you on line two

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  No R-rated director's cut of Alien vs. Predator! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.