Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:19:46 AM
714154 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  No R-rated director's cut of Alien vs. Predator! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: No R-rated director's cut of Alien vs. Predator!  (Read 6671 times)
28DaysLaterFan
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 10:24:16 PM »

I had watched the commentary feature with the film and understood what you people don't. This movie was cheaper than ALIEN 3! Which was made in 1990! It's not his fault, fox gave him **** dollars and he delt with it to  make the best he could. Not a lot of predators because how much do you think those f**king suits cost?! So there couldn't be a lot of AVP action. The movie couldn't live up to high budget movies in the past, but might have a strike back for a sequel. Fox will most likely see what he did and give a slightly higher budget, but the PG-13 will stay. :(
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 10:34:31 PM »

Bet it had a bigger budget than A.P.E.X. ;)

Mostly though, budget just means production scale and fx and maybe quality of actors.  It doesn't create a good story nor does it rescue a bad one.  I've seen a good story hindered by poor budget that kept the vision from being realized, but I've never seen more money help poor writing to be anything more than poor writing on a    bigger scale.

but I haven't seen the movie so I don't have an opinion on it, in particular

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Master Blaster
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 06:17:03 PM »

I saw this terd last night. It seems like it was made for the young teenage crowd. It would explain the PG-13 rating and simple plot. They may have some juicy scenes they'll throw back in a few months down the road, but I dont think anybody will bother. If Geiger was p**sed off by Alien 3 and 4 he must be in a murderous rage now.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »

No R-rated?! What the f**k?1 AVP is supposed to be VIOLENT!!! Watch Alien or Predator and get some f**king IDEAS, Anderson!!!

That Bastard...

Please Note: I am NOT being sarcastic, although overreacting slightly.
Lycurgus1985
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2005, 10:41:08 PM »

Being hit with the pole barely phases him?!

The guy (credited as Bishop II in the Alien 3 credits) flinches quite a bit! :p

Not to mention he's bleeding blood, not that milky liquid crap.  Hell, if you even seen the assembly cut of Alien 3 (now available on DVD and in the Alien Quadrilogy boxset), you can see the guy writhing in pain and shaking for a few moments, grasping his head in pain as he bleeds.

Android my ass! :p

Oh yeah, if you've seen the interviews with HR Gieger on the Alien 3 DVD, he didn't seem p**sed off about Alien 3 really.  He seemed more disappointed that he couldn't help out more because the studio was rushing Fincher to get production going.

Post Edited (01-30-05 21:45)

Ich bin Ein mit dem Wolf..
Predator's Offspring
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2005, 07:03:47 PM »

Ahhh shucks guys, i mean come on give anderson some credit, dont blame him, blame fox, they are the ones that told him pg-13, have u ever seen Anderson's Event Horizon?!? if you have then you know that he can make gory movies!

Now as for alien vs predator, let me ask you guys something, could you have tied in a war between the aliens and the predators with a story line that just wasnt these two killing the guts out of each other?!? if you like that stuff then go watch freddy versus jason!

Personally i think the movie could have been better & longer, but people, how many alien vs predator fight scenes would it have took to satisfy your taste for a full on battle between the two? not for, no number of fight scenes would satisfy any fan.

For what its worth, alien vs predator is a worthy attempt which could have been better, just remember that anderson had to work under powerful influences or he wudnt have got the funding. just think before you judge!
blkrider
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 02:52:36 AM »

I never really considered Predator to really be a franchise....they only made 2 films, right?  I always thought it was something that was bigger in comic books and video games.  

When I saw that it wasn't an R, I didn't bother seeing it.  I'll probably catch it on cable if I get the chance.  

I doubt the movie did well enough for them to bother with "Special Editions" etc...
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2005, 03:01:57 AM »

Comic books and video games and toys and novelizations and t-shirts don't count as a franchise?

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
blkrider
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2005, 03:32:01 AM »

Nope, guess I really don't, especially since those things obviously didn't carry over into success for the films.   I've never really considered Predator to be a major character in the genre.
L
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2005, 08:40:04 PM »

http://www.movieweb.com/dvd/news/news.php?id=4918

GO here.
Grid
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 09:38:41 PM »

Anderson is a little dick. He really f**ked the two series with AVP and its only five minutes during fight.
Grid
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 09:39:18 PM »

Anderson is a little dick. He really f**ked the two series with AVP and its only five minutes during fight.

JohnL

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 05:54:11 AM »

>http://www.movieweb.com/dvd/news/news.php?id=4918
>
>GO here.

Yup, seen it. That's what started the rumors of an R-rated director's cut in the first place.
Anonymous User
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 04:20:58 AM »

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AP04P6/qid=1123751782/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_3_1/701-9681538-2082707

this may seem interesting.  i can't remember exactly what is gonna be put in but i know its more then what we originally got.  lets pray that this is the one we all have been waiting for!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  No R-rated director's cut of Alien vs. Predator! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.