Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:07:48 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 3403 times)
Andrew
« on: November 14, 2001, 08:39:59 PM »

Nothing like a load of DVDs to brighten your week.

King Kong (1976) - That ape had the nose of a bloodhound!  How else can you explain him tracking Jessica Lang through New York?  Along with that we have the giant snake fight, rather than any dinosaurs.  Because, you know, dinosaurs might have stretched the credibility.

Shogun Assassin - Ah, the bloodiest moments of "Lone Wolf and Cub" edited into one film.  Seeing all the blood and parts fly was great, but my favorite parts usually involved the kid (unlike Godzilla or Gamera films).  Between him counting the recently departed or hitting the button and skewering an attacking female ninja; good stuff.

Sting of Death - Put a plastic bag over someone's head, dress them in a wetsuit, add some "tentacles" and you have something part man, part jellyfish.  Funny thing is that he does not use the tentacles to kill people, just pokes them with his hand.  Don't forget the song and dance either!  Do the jellyfish!  The director was definitely a butt man by the way (watch it and you'll understand).

Star Slammer - The "women in prison in space" movie...

Andrew
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2001, 05:32:14 AM »

...part man, part jellyfish?
...okay, I know we're all supposed to be behind the "President" right now, but

THIS IS THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. THIS TOPIC AND ITS PERPETRATORS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED. IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS, PLACE YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD IMMEDIATELY AND WAIT TO COMPLY WITH OFFICERS WHO HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED TO YOUR HOME/OFFICE/LIBRARY. THIS IS BEING DONE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2001, 06:46:26 PM »

This coming from the same guy who sent me "APE" and "Godmonster of Indian Flats?"

Andrew
mugwump
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2001, 12:04:33 AM »

hey andrew what's up, i'm a huge lone wolf fan also. i heard that Shogun Assasin was lone wolf part 2, with scenes of part 1 edited in it, i heard it was also a german production. does this sound like the same Shogun Assasin you have, or is my info. wrong?
David
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2001, 02:49:14 AM »

I don't know about you, but I felt sorry for the little mutated sheep embryo...one arm longer than the other and all. Plus an ending that looked like something out of Apocalypse Now....
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2001, 05:10:35 AM »

...I felt sorry for the little lamb that sick turd likes to sleep with. (Not that way, but still...) Later on, Mr. Idjit attempts to save his girlfriend from the "killer sheep"--which she is dancing with--by hurling a large rock at it, promptly giving his girlfriend a concussion. Way to go, turd-boy. I feel sorry for her, too.
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2001, 09:23:37 AM »

I've only seen the original films once (another Marine I once knew had an impressive samurai movie collection), but can definitely say it has scenes from "Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance" and "Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx."  That would seem to support the info you have there.  However, I've never heard of it being a German work and that really seems incorrect.

Andrew
David
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2001, 04:39:41 PM »

There are so many odd aspects of that movie that it's hard to keep track of them all.

One thing that especially kept messing with me was the incidental jump in timeframe. The tourist pit of a town lives daily life as something out of the old west, eventually making the movie feel like a western. Then you see a car parked on the side of the road and you have to readjust for technology (the "intricate" lab setup of the researcher notwithstanding).

The way the characters continually droned on about the town's history at every given opportunity made me wonder if they were talking about another movie that actually had a plot.

I won't even get into the STAGED DOG FUNERAL...man this flick is messed.
mugwump
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2001, 01:46:01 AM »

yeah the tape i saw was probably just bootlegged of a German laserdisc or something.  if you're interested in purchasing any of the lone wolf films i believe the company www.animeigo.com still sells them on tape and dvd. us marines, huh? i'm getting shipped off in 3 months for b. training in the u.s. Air Force. take it easy.
yaddo42
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2001, 04:13:33 PM »

I love the whole "Lone Wolf and Cub" series, and want to see "Shogun Assassin" to see how the scenes are linked together while dropping so much of the plot.

I've read several places that Roger Corman was the one behind "Shogun Assassin". That kind of repackaging of foreign films is one of his clever business tactics along with using foreign footage to skimp on effects in his own movies. Never mind all the times he works old footage into newer films.

Does anyone know if the soundtracks to the "Lone Wolf" films are available anywhere? That funky psuedo-fusion jazz in the films (5 &6 mostly) stayed with me. I don't have copies of the movies, yet,  and I really want to drive my neighbors crazy with it.
mugwump
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2001, 09:48:58 PM »

ha ha, the guys at teleport-city.com might be able to help, they have a good knowledge of rare soundtracks, i wish i could find a copy of a soundtrack to the Japanese streetfighter film series, you can't beat cheesy 70's funk-rock, especially with Terry Tsugeri kickin ass to it! by the way i own a horrible goth record that could annoy ANYBODY.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.