Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:04:20 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Aliens Deadly Spawn" DVD in stores? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Aliens Deadly Spawn" DVD in stores?  (Read 5917 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 20, 2005, 09:50:18 PM »

Hi, for a long time I've been hoping to see the movie "The Aliens Deadly Spawn" and I've heard that a month or two ago it was released on a special edition DVD. I heard that could be ordered from a website. From the way I read this it sounded like it was limited to ordering from just that website. I don't want to go through ordering it, is this DVD in stores now?

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 10:07:30 PM »

I bought mine in Best Buy.  You can get it pretty much anywhere DVD's are sold, and it's a great disc.  Get thee hence and spend!

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 12:42:58 AM »

THE DEADLY SPAWN has finally (and I mean FINALLY) recieved a quality legitamate release and it looks great on DVD. Considering it was shot on 16mm and blown up to 35mm for it's theatrical screenings (yes, it was released in theatres, believe it or not, by the dastardly distribution company 21st Century Distribution Corporation who would have a long running history of screwing their filmmakers out of their well deserved pay), one would think the presentation would be so-so. But Don May Jr. and his Synapse Films have restored THE DEADLY SPAWN from the original 16mm camera negatives and it looks pretty damn good.

It's been high tide that this flick get's it's just due. 21st Century released THE DEADLY SPAWN in theatres back in 1983 and it's box office business was quite good, that is untill the company re-released the film under the horrid THE RETURN OF THE ALIENS: THE DEADLY SPAWN  in an attempt to cash in on the rumors of a sequel to Ridley Scott's ALIEN at the time. Since then, the filmmakers have been accused of creating that re-release title, but it wasn't them. After that, 21st Century attempted to screw the filmmakers our of their cut of the profits (i.e., producer Ted A. Bohus reveals what 21st Century did to them in the commentary, so if you get the disk listen in on it) while, at the same time, released the film on Continetal Home Video under it's re-release title (i.e., the video box however called the film THE RETURN OF THE ALIENS DEADLY SPAWN! As a side note, this isn't the first time 21st Century has done this haneous act: Fred Olen Ray's SCALPS suffered a similar and much more gruesome fate. But now, Synapse has released the film on DVD in it's original uncut form (with original title card and a few moments of the final ending that was slightly trimmed in the theatrical and video releases).

Looking at THE DEADLY SPAWN today, it's still a fairly well-done little flick. The acting is pretty good for what it's worth, the slow and steady storyline brings in the goods, and the special effects work is damn great. It's a cult classic alright and deserves more recognition than ever.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 12:54:34 AM »

Damn, dude.  I mean, I love the movie too, but did you have something to do with the production or what?  :)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 08:06:57 AM »

Dave, you can get it from Deep Discount for about 12.00 w/ free shipping:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=RYK303036

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 09:13:08 AM »

We watched it out here, about 4 weeks ago.  The DVD looks good, though it looks like a movie shot on a budget (overall clarity and such).  I like the monster design in this one, because it is well done and something different.  If you like monster movies, it is a must have.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Eirik
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 08:27:39 PM »

This is one of my personal favorites.  The baby spawns raiding the old ladies' tea party was classic.  So was the blonde girl's reaction the first time she saw the monster.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Aliens Deadly Spawn" DVD in stores? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.