Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:05:12 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oldboy « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oldboy  (Read 887 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« on: January 23, 2005, 11:28:26 AM »

Another Asian movie I seen pior to my DVD pick up. Better even after a second viewing.  The plot goes Oh Daesu is imprisoned for 15 years in a room with a tv and bed. He has no idea why and someone just killed his wife on the outside.(The same people that put him there killed his wife duh). He gathers useless facts from watching tv all day and learns how to fight. (just to note he DOES NOT become a kung fu master gets out and kick everyones ass the story is much deeper than that.) when 15 years is up he appears on the outside with no reason why and meets up with a girl named Mido. So his mission find who put him in prison why and why did they let him out so suddenly.

I don't want to go into details and reveal to much plot but this movie is really good. The fight scences the few their are a good because thier sloppy. They look like a regular street fight. Thier are a few touture scenecs that I will NEVER look a claw hammer the same way again.

I just scratch the surface with this review but see this movie. Its a great one and should be seen by all. Also remember rumors can come back and bite you in the ass:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 You can’t give it, you can’t even buy it, and you just don’t get it!-Aeon Flux

Post Edited (01-23-05 10:32)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:45:25 AM »

I'm with Rich.  This movie is beyond amazing.  Sure, Oh Daesu does get out looking for revenge, but the eventual plot is that the guy who stuck him in there will kill himself if Oh Daesu finds out why he was locked away within a few days.

As Rich said, the fight scenes are more "street fighting" than standard martial arts.  That doesn't keep them from being fantastic though.  Watching Oh Daesu rip through a hallway full of goons with only a hammer is a sight to behold.  Considering the entire five minute fight scene was shot in ONE TAKE!  

I really can't say enough about this film.  I've been singing it's praises since buying it pretty much blind on Ebay.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
k
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 11:53:09 AM »

yes, great movie indeed. the squid eating scene...yuk. and the scene were he beats the kids were he stole a sigaret from... "would 15 years of imaginary training be effective"

save the green planet is also a great korean movie...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oldboy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.