Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:58:36 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alone in the Dark (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alone in the Dark (2005)  (Read 2695 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« on: January 28, 2005, 06:45:33 PM »

Most video games turned movies suck. Well this isn't a exception. Everything about this movie screamed "direct to video" or "Scfi original" To the
acting,monsters, plot ,actors and special effects. Tara Reid has like 5 lines in the entire movie and I was wondering why she was even there in the first place, besides trying it satisfy fans of the game. The soliders who fight the monsters uniforms look like they should be rollerbladeing. The reason I saw it beacause I liked the games and it had R rating (seems like the only horror movie out that has R). The gore falls flat and is only one scene the utlizes the R rating which is the only cool scene in the entire movie. Theirs a battle scene that looks like it was ripped from a music video (with rock music blaring in the background )with soliders fighting the monsters that tries to hard to be cool and fails.

I can't recommend this to anyone. If your that curious play the games you can get them for PC or the second one for PS1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can’t even buy it, and you just don’t get it!-Aeon Flux

Post Edited (01-28-05 17:56)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

JohnL

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 07:34:04 PM »

>If your that curious play the games you can get them for PC or the second one for
>PS1.

I tried the first one recently. The switching camera angles got *REAL* old by about the 4th switch in the same room. Then a creature came in through the window, bouncing around like crazy, while Mr. SloMo did his best impersonation of a remote-control statue. I haven't read the manual yet, but unless there's a way to get around the fact that your character moves like he's wading through quicksand, I can't see myself playing it much.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 08:23:04 PM »

Yeah its annoying JohnL but its a classic game in the gameing community. If you still don't like it try the one for PS1 controls alot better as well as graphics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 You can’t give it, you can’t even buy it, and you just don’t get it!-Aeon

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

J Perk
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 10:12:02 PM »

If your that curious play the games you can get them for PC or the second one for PS1.

I hate to be a nit pick but actually part 4 is out for the PS1 and dreamcast.  The first 3 are for PC and i think part 4 is what the pmovie is based off of.   Man somehjow I knew UweBol and a movie wouldn't be good....
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 10:18:26 PM »

Uwe Boll strikes again. I've read so many bad reviews ont he film its starting to become less funny...Well all the "professional reviews" are pretty damn funny.

you guys ought to hit Rotten Tomatoes, they have hilarious reviews there :P.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 02:59:25 PM »

I was planning to see this until I saw that Uwe Boll directed it.

He so traumatized me with House of the Dead that I can barely speak his name.
I doubt that man will ever redeem himself by actually making a decent film.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 03:12:53 PM »

Unlike everyone else, I'm seriously looking forward to it.  Uwe Boll did a terrible job with House Of The Dead, and I hope this one will be just as bad.  Isn't that what this site is all about?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 03:48:47 PM »

Want to really know how bad it is?

READ THIS
blkrider
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 04:42:10 PM »

He's like the Ed Wood for the 21st Century, except with a big budget and with videogames instead of angora sweaters.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 05:54:08 PM »

Thanks for the warning, rich andrini.
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 08:19:38 PM »

>Yeah its annoying JohnL but its a classic game in the gameing community. If you
>still don't like it try the one for PS1 controls alot better as well as graphics.

I don't have a PS1.

>If your that curious play the games you can get them for PC or the second one for
>PS1.
>
>I hate to be a nit pick but actually part 4 is out for the PS1 and dreamcast. The
>first 3 are for PC and i think part 4 is what the pmovie is based off of.

I just checked and all four games are available for computers, in fact that seems to be the only platform that has all of them.
Lycurgus1985
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »

Actually, AITD 2 is available for PS1.  It was just called Alone in the Dark: One Eyed Jack's Revenge instead of having a 2 after the AITD logo.

Ich bin Ein mit dem Wolf..
Jack Corbett
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 10:37:12 PM »

I'm not a fan of this...

I'm not a fan of House of the Dead...

But The Boll Weevil itself must be exterminated before he ruins any other good games!

I would rant on a bit more but I need to play Conker's Bad Fur Day and watch the Gregg introduction and kill some Tediz
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alone in the Dark (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.