Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:21:49 PM
714313 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  JFK himself, Ossie Davis Is Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JFK himself, Ossie Davis Is Dead  (Read 981 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: February 04, 2005, 05:13:33 PM »

Don't really know what more to say than the title already does.  Ossie was an amazing actor, and he will surely be missed.

Ossie was 87 and was found dead in his hotel room in Miami.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 05:21:48 PM »

Why are all the stars dying, Rodney Dangerfield, Katherine Hepburn... who's next?
Menard
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 06:29:27 PM »

The legends are one by one leaving us.

Ossie Davis was a star of stage and screen who brought that trademark baritone voice of his to as well the comfort he brought others by his very presence.

Not just stage and screen, Ossie Davie was a notable actvist in the civil rights movement who helped forge a better place for people of all races, and those inspired by him, and those like him, will continue in his absence.

Ossie, along with his wife Ruby Dee, was honored at the Kennedy Center just this past year.

Ossie was working on a movie with co-stars Peter Falk, George Segal and Jack Warden. I hope they keep what work he did in the movie.

Not only a legend of stage and sceen, but a great human being has left us.

Happy Trails Ossie

Jack Corbett
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 06:30:34 PM »

Nice speech, Menard.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 03:04:07 AM »

He was in the Night Gallery pilot.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 03:05:52 AM »

I swear, if Steven Spielberg is next...
Menard
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 03:15:07 AM »

Jack Corbett wrote:

> I swear, if Steven Spielberg is next...

My first thought was that Spielberg is not that old. But then neither was John Ritter, Christopher Reeve, Gregory Hines, or Robert Palmer.

Over the past few years, we have lost some big names in the entertainment industry. This week alone we lost three.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 03:17:39 AM »

I mean, Spielberg is the guy who made me want to become a film maker! And I'm already an animator (mainly with Lego)!

Okay, I'm done.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 04:56:38 PM »

Ossie had incredible range as an actor . He could be the wild eyed looney or the wise old man. He had a lot of great parts in tv and movies.  I was really shocked at his age (87) because he was in amazlingly good shape.

He did a lot of things for the civil  rights movement and especially for  people of color in the film industry . I liked a little tribute they gave him on the news the other night.

He was a role model for his race: The Human Race

Post Edited (02-06-05 15:59)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Yaddo 42
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 12:56:21 AM »

A class act through and through, who had enough of a sense of humor to play in "Bubba Ho-Tep" as well as serious dramas like "The Hill".

Plus he directed the genre classic "Cotton Comes To Harlem". Was kind of ahead of the curve on black action and genre films before blaxploitation was really established. His film had a dignity and level of satire while still being more entertaining than many of those later films.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  JFK himself, Ossie Davis Is Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.