Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:06:52 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lets make a Horror Flick!!! PART II « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lets make a Horror Flick!!! PART II  (Read 4657 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 02:34:42 AM »

Well, it does sound like the type of story we would have been told as kids, and probably were, at summer camp. Of course, and a lot of slasher flicks have used this, a counselor would then jump out with their shirt pulled up to the top of their head.

If you plan to actually have a headless character in a video, that is a difficult effect to pull off realistically.

It does open itself up for humor with a potentially clumbsy killer.

It also opens itself up to weird horror as the killer can decapitate its victims and then place the head on itself effectively integrating the personality of the camper as a killer.

Of course I cannot let this go without making the comment: well that certainly gives new meaning to 'getting head'. (:

Writer
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 05:05:10 AM »

What movie did you almost write? And what thread was it? Can I see that thread?

I don't mind giving out my ideas freely, as you can see in the related thread "Make your own B-movie!" The way I see it, people in Hollywood are too dumb to see that all of the original ideas are to be found in places like this anyway, and besides, I'd be rather pleased if someone actually used my ideas, since I never seem to be able to flesh out the dialogue and other details myself. (And if you happen to be some kind of B-movie maker, chances are I'll never hear whether you used my idea or not, so it won't make any difference if you make a total hash of it.)

That idea I once had for a "boy switches places with girl" flick, for example: why hasn't some Hollywood writer already thought of that? There was that "father switches places with his son" plot in Vice Versa and it worked just fine, but no one ever tried playing with a boy-and-girl tag team before. As one of my college acquaintances said when I mentioned that idea to him once: "Man, if that happened to me, I'd be the cleanest girl in the school because I'd always be taking showers!"

I'm guessing that the reason why this story hasn't been done yet is that it really needs a husband-and-wife tag team of writers to get it done properly. I've been a single male all my life, and don't really know much about how the girls live, so I can't guess whether the girl's reaction to suddenly being a guy would be anything like my acquaintance's. (Guy: "Dude! I always wondered what it was like to carry these things around on your chest all day." Girl: "Whoa! I always thought it would be pretty neat to have one of these!") Maybe with all of the sordid (and hence short-lived) affairs and sheltered living in Hollywood, they simply haven't been able to find a pair of writers who can get along and write a believable version of this story either.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 05:39:00 AM »

Brother Ragnarok, that's cool.

Anyway,

Lester (I got the idea off of the cartoon Ned Nightmare, might change his name) is pretty much a "fresh" corpse; he isn't rotted in any way. Now the way he sees is kinda wierd. He wants the head of one of the kids, but will kill others and use their heads to find his way around. Here's one:

He fights a guy who shoots him really badly. He cuts off his head, then picks it up and puts it on his neck stump. He says "f**k YOU!!!" with the head and spits on the body before throwing off the head and crushing it. Because he can't see (and doesn't know his way around the buildings) he mainly stays outside until he hasa head to see with.

If you want to know what Creature looks like, get either "The Deltora Book of Monsters"or "Deltora Quest 2: The Shadowlands". It looks like a Vraal.

What do you think of those monsters?
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2005, 08:26:51 AM »

Now I'm gonna steal Brother R's idea and go make a fortune from it...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2005, 11:09:56 AM »

::punches Odinn in the neck::
This is what I get for trusting geeks on the internet.  Wait, I'm a geek on the internet.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
odinn7

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 12:28:10 PM »

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 01:09:22 PM »

As do we all, brother.  Look around you.  Would anyone but geeks start a thread about whether or not Gamera could take Godzilla?

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
odinn7

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2005, 01:18:52 PM »

Well, my wife actually refers to me as a 'dork'. Perhaps it's the same thing to her?

Jack Corbett
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005, 04:45:10 PM »

But WAIT, odin7 and Brother R. You don't know the ENDING!!!

Trust me, it's a killer. You'll never guess it.

(chuckles evilly)
Menard
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005, 06:45:58 PM »

Jack Corbett wrote:

> You don't know the ENDING!!!
>
> Trust me, it's a killer.
>

No pun intended?

I'll take a stab (heh..heh) at the ending.

Does it come before the final credits?

Jack Corbett
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2005, 06:50:48 PM »

Ohhh! Hey, it IS a pun.

I didn't notice it. Thanks, Menard.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2005, 03:03:37 AM »

What do you think of that idea? (Reply No. 2) The mutant is an "Ugly Motherf**ker", is around 7 feet tall, and does some really nasty s**t. Here's an example:

- It sticks its teeth (they're really long; like dog teeth) underneath the face of some guy and sucks all of the flesh underneath his face out.

-It snaps a guy in half on a pipe after stabbing him with his gun. (i got that off of 28 Days Later)

Nasty?
Jack Corbett
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2005, 05:52:34 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you: They baby isn't "Born". It explodes out of the mother. and rips it's way out.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005, 03:14:09 AM »

Some deaths:

-One of the soldiers is killed when his gun jams and explodes, filling him up with shrapnel
-A guy gets killed when a gasoline tank explodes, lights him on fire, and the explosion hurls a humvee onto him.
-The Mutant Baby gets a grenade shoved into its mouth, gets stabbed in the jaw, gets both of its feet blown off at close range by a shotgun, and fals into a giant ventillation fan.
-Guy's face lands on a broken bottle.

Squeamish enough for ya?

"Do ya feel lucky, punk?"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lets make a Horror Flick!!! PART II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.