Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:31:04 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mortuary 1983 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mortuary 1983  (Read 863 times)
Master Blaster
« on: February 01, 2005, 10:01:12 AM »

Ugh, I think I've met my match. I bought an old VHS copy of Mortuary circa 1983 starring a very young Bill Paxton. I made it about an hour into the movie. I'm not sure if I can finish it. Oh the pain, the horrible pain.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:25:09 PM »

A funny story about this movie. Back in '83 the ads for this movie looked great and I wanted to see it. I never got around to it until a few years later when I saw it at my local video store. I thought how lucky I was to be able to finally get to view this movie that I had waited so long to see. I called my sister and some friends who were horror movie fans and we all gathered around the tv in the "smoking room" that was in our basement. To say we were disappointed is putting it mildly. We took it back that same day and asked the video guy how he could rent such crap to us when he was so good to us with previous horror recommendations. He said that he hadn't seen it yet and was correct when he also mentioned that he never told us to rent it. Still, he felt bad and let us take another movie for free and he threw in a bag of microwaveable popcorn.
On a side note: That video store was awesome. Small, but the 2 guys that owned it were cool as hell and they had a great selection. I moved away years later but a friend of mine who still lives around there says they went out of business when, you guessed it, Ballbuster moved into the area. The service and consideration they gave could never be matched by anyone working for Ballbuster in my opinion. What a waste.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Menard
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:45:29 PM »

Although MORTUARY (1983) near bored the hell out of me, It was Christopher George's last movie before he died of a heart attack in 1983. Conversely it was also Christopher George's and Linda Day George's last movie together. It at least has that distinction.

Post Edited (02-02-05 16:41)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mortuary 1983 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.