Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:05:19 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which Videogames should be mad into movies next? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Which Videogames should be mad into movies next?  (Read 6503 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 07:02:47 AM »

They don't need to make a specific GTA movie based on Vice or San Andreas etc, but just make a movie based on the same concept: criminals, stealing cars, causing general mayhem.

But then what's the point?  After all, that could be done anyway, and a movie like that generally shouldn't have to use the GTA name to try to be successful.

And the games are full fledged movies/narratives on their own, there is no real need to make it into a movie, since they pretty much already are.

The trick in adapting video games into film is to not get a great game and adapt it, but to get a game with a great usable story.  After all, if you like the game for the gameplay, and you went and saw the movie, you would feel as if something may be lacking [to me at least] because you can't play but just watch.

You need a story people are passionate about, GTA stories are all pretty much the same: petty crim becomes crime lord, with slight hiccups and reasons along the way.

And yes, San Andreas is an unbelievable game.  I know at least one person who failed an exam because of it [the silly bugger!]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2005, 11:34:20 PM »

Max Payne had a pretty good story to it.
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 01:09:45 AM »

Rampage: Generic Kaiju Free-For-All
Donkey Kong: make that a ripoff of some old movie, shouldn't be too hard to dig something up with an ape.
Pac-Man: Pretty much the same as you would make a movie out of Doom, or most games. Something about a guy in a maze looking for some things and avoiding other things.
Most Orisinal games could be G rated movies.

This is my first, official, logged in post! Andrew helped me out.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 02:51:05 AM »

Not that it matters, but John Woo is making METROID: PRIME into a movie.
dean

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2005, 08:43:40 AM »

Well as long as Metroid is better than Paycheck, we'll be ok, though I personally know nothing about the game.

Also Dave, I only registered officially a few weeks ago, and also couldn't be bothered to have a 'proper' nickname [even capitals are a bit much of a change I think! :-p] But I'm quite happy as I am!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »

Pong: The Movie!

Seriously, I think the game Thief Gold would make a good topic for a movie.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2005, 11:55:16 PM »

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Maybe Uwe Boll should make Pong. C'mon, it'll be just like his other films! EXACTLY the same! The Boll Weevil SHOULD make it!
Neville

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 06:28:41 AM »

"Penguin-Kun Wars", but only because "Green Beret" was already filmed as "First Blood - Part II".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2005, 08:06:25 PM »

What about AVP2?
dean

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2005, 12:43:13 AM »

With the eternal suckiness of the Paul Anderson movie, I don't see another AVP movie on the horizon, although AVP2 the game on PC would be a great movie.  Its a shame really, considering what came out last year, to know how good it could be, and wasn't.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2005, 01:29:51 AM »

I did mean the AVP 2 video game, and...

Hold on a second...

Oh God... YOU READ MY MIND!!! ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Corbett
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2005, 05:48:08 PM »

Ooh, wait, now THIS is a cool one...

JURASSIC PARK: OPERATION GENESIS
C'mon! It's a Theme Park filled with Dinosaurs! I'd be cool! I mean, NOTHING like it has been attempted before! We could look at the masterpiece and highly successful Carnosaur as an example for the movie. It'll be fun! And if the T-Rex sounds like he does in the videogame, I am going to see it!
Maybe if a Spinosaurus and a T-Rex fight...

What do you think of THAT idea? It's never been done before.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2005, 11:29:03 PM »

Tapper!

I noticed that the videogame Gauntlet was made into a book, but the characters all looked wrong (i.e. improper genders).  Those jerks.
JohnL

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2005, 10:20:55 PM »

>Tapper!

Didn't they already do this? I think it was called Cocktail...
Metalbeast
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2005, 10:39:43 PM »

I think the original Blood Omen for the playstation1 would make for an interesting movie. I know anyone reading this and knows about Blood Omen is probably going to roll their eyes at the idea of yet another vampire movie, but I really think this would work (in the right hands of course...). It had a very interesting story that made you want to keep playing to see more of it. Kain made for a badass main character. I also thought the coolest aspect was that there were no good guys, even Kain leaned more towards villainy than just being another cookie cutter antihero. And the ending was pretty cool in a bleak, depressing sort of way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which Videogames should be mad into movies next? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.