Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:38:33 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie's Eyeball scene: Not gory « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Zombie's Eyeball scene: Not gory  (Read 8397 times)
Jack Corbett
« on: February 05, 2005, 04:33:56 AM »

I have downlaoded it on this site and, I'm serious folks, it isn't that bad. I'l admit, it WOULD hurt, but I didn't find it disgusting at all.

Then again, this post is coming from a person that watches The Evil Dead to get to sleep at night.

Did you find it gory? And, more importantly, am I an idiot for saying it isn't?
Menard
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:15:42 AM »

It's not so much gory as it just makes one squirm the first time seeing it. Some directors would hint at something about to happen, Fulci gives you a hint and then shows you exactly what happens. He pulls no punches.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 05:41:32 AM »

I admit, It's goo how Fulci did it, but I just didn't find it gory.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 05:52:01 AM »

By the way, how many films in the series are there?
Menard
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 06:40:27 AM »

Fulci made three zombie movies that are considered his trilogy although other than zombies they are not related. They are:

ZOMBIE/ZOMBI 2

CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD/THE GATES OF HELL

THE BEYOND/SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH

Some also count ZOMBIE 3 as Fulci's since it does carry his name but he left the production about 20% of the way into the film and Mattei took over.

The numerical series of films using the title zombie/zombi are:

ZOMBI (A.K.A. DAWN OF THE DEAD)

ZOMBI 2 (Fulci)

ZOMBIE 3: NIGHTS OF TERROR (Bianchi)(Not the same as the Fulci/Mattei ZOMBIE 3)

ZOMBIE 4: AFTERDEATH (Fragasso)

ZOMBIE 5: KILLING BIRDS (Lattanzi/Massaccesi)(Actually made before ZOMBIE 4: AFTERDEATH)

ZOMBIE 6: MONSTER HUNTER (Don't know)

Other than using a numerical title, none of them are related and ZOMBIE 6: MONSTER HUNTER is not even a zombie movie.

Some video distibutors also have put out different movies in the numerical sequence. You can find copies of ZOMBIE 4: A VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD on VHS for example.

Well, that should help to not clear up one ounce of confusion. (:

Menard
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 01:30:10 PM »

Jack Corbett wrote:

>
> Then again, this post is coming from a person that watches The Evil Dead to get to sleep at night.

You find THE EVIL DEAD to be that boring that it puts you to sleep?

>
> ...am I an idiot...

Of course not Jack....of course not  (:

Jack Corbett
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 05:41:51 PM »

I do NOT find the Evil Dead boring. If I find a film boring... well, that never really happens. It is quite common for me to watch a movie about ten times in four days, (the most recent film I have done that to is Return of the Living Dead) or numerous times after the first time I watched it.

Didn't you see the "Names Ash (Cocks shotgun) Housewares." qoute on my early posts?

I don't find the Evil Dead boring. Not even Pitch Black, Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, Alien, Aliens, Predator, ThenLost World: Jurassic Park, Dawn of the Dead '04, The 007 Series...

This list goes on. Real on.
Menard
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 07:18:01 PM »

Hey Jack...that was a joke.

dudeman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 08:03:10 PM »

I'm not distrubed easily either. . The best eyeball gore scene I've ever seen though is in Naked Blood. I rarely get squirmy about movie scenes but that one was like "Oh my Gawd, did I just see that?!" The drinking of urine in Untold Stroy got me squirming too. The Asian stuff is the most extreme for some reason.

"Then again, this post is coming from a person that watches The Evil Dead to get to sleep at night."

Strange, Zombie actually has more gore than Evil Dead though.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 10:50:49 PM »

Menard - I thought you thought I found TED boring. Sorry.

Dudeman, what is the eyeball bit in Naked Blood?

I was using ED as an example that I don't freak easily. Then again, I laughed my head off (pardon the pun) in Braindead.
blkrider
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 11:41:01 PM »

Heh.  I dislike both the EVIL DEAD series and BRAINDEAD for that very reason....they're just too humorous to have any impact.  Give me Fulci any day, even when his effects are less than perfect.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 12:02:40 AM »

Hey, blkride, are you new to the site? I just want to know, and I ain't gonna tease you, 'cause I came on about a week ago.
dudeman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 05:31:28 PM »

"Dudeman, what is the eyeball bit in Naked Blood?"

http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/horror/nakedblood/nakedblood.html

woman stabd her own eye with a fork, rips it out, and eats it, most extreme movie I've seen in years
Jack Corbett
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 03:05:14 AM »

Eeuurghhh!!!
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 07:12:40 PM »

>I have downlaoded it on this site and, I'm serious folks, it isn't that bad. I'l admit, it
>WOULD hurt, but I didn't find it disgusting at all.

I've got a couple videos that would make you squirm and the best part is that they're not fake. ;)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie's Eyeball scene: Not gory « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.