Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:24 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Treasure of the Four Crowns « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Treasure of the Four Crowns  (Read 6310 times)
Alan Smithee
« on: February 05, 2005, 08:46:44 PM »

Anyone see this one?
A cheap Raiders knock-off done in 3-D.
The first 20 minutes is suppose to "out do" Raiders opening minutes. But I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time.
Menard
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 09:25:48 PM »

Hey Alan, love your movies.

I never saw TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS at the theatre when it came out. I do have a copy on VHS but have only watched about the first 20 minutes.

TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS was done by the same people who did COMIN' AT YA IN 3-D. I did enjoy that as I saw it at the theatre in 3-D in 1981. I do have the 3-D version of COMIN' AT YA IN 3-D on DVD in anaglyph 3-D.

Alan Smithee
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 11:08:27 PM »

I haven't seen Comin At Ya but i hear it is baaaad.
Did you like it in a way it was so bad it was good? Or did you think it was a genuinely good movie?
Menard
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 11:22:01 PM »

COMIN AT YA was one thing, a 3-D experience. In the theatre it was a great experience. Take away the 3-D, and you don't have too much left. They did not pretend it was anything else. They just simply threw everything at the audience while keeping a simple stortline so nobody missed anything while they were busy ducking.

COMIN AT YA revamped the interest in 3-D movies. Several so-called experts put it down. Others decided to make 3-D movies and effectively bored the hell out of audiences and proceded to kill any interest in 3-D movies.

COMIN AT YA was simply the most fun I have had watching a movie in a theatre, but that is the only way to watch it.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 11:24:39 PM »

They ripped off Raiders of the Lost Ark?
Menard
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 11:34:20 PM »

'Ripped off' and 'tried to duplicate but failed' are two different expressions.

TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS is a RAIDERS inspired 3-D movie that takes place in the present time and nothing near the budget or effects.

COMIN' AT YA is a spaghetti western in 3-D.

Personally I wouldn't mind a RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK rip off, if it were any good.

Alan Smithee
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 11:35:30 PM »

There was a bevy of 3D movies in 1983. Probably the least was this one or Metalstorm. There was also Jaws 3D, Amityville 3D, and Spacehunter. Spacehunter, while I never saw in the cinema, holds up well. It's not Grade Z junk like Jared Synn.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »

I think you mailed your reply as I was writing mine.

"Do ya feel lucky, punk?"
Menard
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 11:50:15 PM »

SPACEHUNTER was one of the few I enjoyed of the 3-D movies I saw and holds up well, as you mentioned, without the 3-D.

Another one I enjoyed was PARASITE, which was released in 1982.

Quite a few 3-D movies were released in 1983 which was the 30 year anniversary of the release of BWANA DEVIL which was Arch Obeler's first 3-D movie that sparked the 3-D movie craze in the fifties.

Of course FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III, IN 3-D holds up well without the 3-D because it sucked so bad in 3-D.

Alan Smithee
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 11:59:18 PM »

Ha, I forgot about the Friday the 13th in 3D. As for Spacehunter, I wonder if they decided on doing it in 3D at the last minute. Because watching it (I have it on DVD, and saw it initially on HBO more than 20 years ago) there isn't any obvious objects thrust at viewer. I wonder if the producers decided since 3D was back in vogue that they'd release it in 3D. Either way, it's a watchable, campy and fun, little, forgotten movie.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 12:00:43 AM »

Jaws 3-D...

(shudders)
Alan Smithee
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 12:05:10 AM »

Saw that gem in the theatre. I loved it then, and hate it now.
Menard
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 12:06:35 AM »

It was intended for 3-D. There are scenes where the effects are played to the camera but not to the degree of COMIN' AT YA or TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS. I realize that she was only 15 at the time, but Molly Ringwald never looked better than when she was in 3-D.  (:

Alan Smithee
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 12:19:41 AM »

Yeah, the thrusting of stuff into the camera was more subtle. Whatever happend to Molly Ringwald? She was all the craze in the 80's (to a certain degree) then was reduced to the "Where are they now?" catagory.
Menard
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 12:29:17 AM »

She is still active in the cinema, but in smaller roles, straight-to-video, or small release films. It seems that no matter how hard we may try, we cannot get the Brat Pack to go away. It even appears that Anthony Michael Hall's career has been on the upswing. Who would have thought that to be possible?

But Molly was always adorable.

Do you remember her, with a bad hairstyle, on the first season of the TV show THE FACTS OF LIFE?

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Treasure of the Four Crowns « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.