Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:50:24 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Trial of Two Webmasters « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Trial of Two Webmasters  (Read 3325 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 09, 2005, 07:55:01 AM »

Folks, I am feeling seriously beat.  My head hurts and my emotions are a massive shifting sand.  That being said, a few days ago I watched "The Trial of Billy Jack" and started working on the review.  Writing the article is like having to relive it again.  This film is, to say the least, completely kicking my ass.

The entire thing is one big hippie wet dream, while every member of "The Establishment" is incapable of anything resembling normal humanity.  Everyone on Billy's side is right; anyone not directly in support of their cause is a devil wearing a human shell.

Ken Begg and myself are going to do a collaborative review (one on each site).  Our target is sometime in April.   I just wish I had him around while I was working on this behemoth.  Anything to have a little help.

Also, Ken, if this is what watching "Prayer of the Rollerboys" felt like, I am really sorry.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 07:58:26 AM »

It was a rough movie to watch and I can't begin to imagine the torture associated with actually writing about it, but I believe in you.  You're a survivor and I know you can get through it.  Stay strong!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 08:48:05 AM »

I've actually never seen any of the Billy Jack films.  I was in WalMart recently and they have the original on DVD for 5.50 so I'm considering picking it up the next time I swing by there.

If the films are as truly awful as it has been said, then I'll love it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 09:37:01 AM »

Well, except that Trial of Billy Jack is like the extended, three hour director's cut of Prayer of the Roller Boys.

With more hippies.
Master Blaster
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 09:43:38 AM »

I saw "Prayer of the Roller Boys" starring the great Cory Haim years ago on cable. I remember it being bad in a sort of "Class of 1999" kind of way. There seemed to be a teenager of the future trend in movies in the early 90s.

Hey Andrew maintain bro! I bombed out halfway though Mortuary and I'm less of a man for it.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 11:23:49 AM »

Ken Begg wrote:

> Well, except that Trial of Billy Jack is like the extended,
> three hour director's cut of Prayer of the Roller Boys.
>
> With more hippies.

True, it is like a marathon.  I mean, "Sextette" and "Candy" are both awful, but they are two hours or less.  Once you get past the two hour mark, things (like your brain) start going numb.

By the way, the Marines all think that this is very funny.  They are also glad I did not pick this for movie night at any point, because all of them still remember "Candy."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 01:01:56 PM »

Can it be that I'm the only man alive who appreciates the art and craftmanship of the Billy Jack films? Okay, they're crappy....crappy like a fox!!! Crappy in a meaningful, life-affirming sort of way! Can you honestly say that you didn't get chills when Billy Jack jumped his bike over like twenty cars in front of Al's Diner? Wait...sorry...wrong motorcycle riding, platitude spouting anti-anti-hero. Still, what about when when Billy gave Chachi his first mechanics hat? Oh, s**t....sorry.

Anyway, they're is much to be gained from viewing The Billy Jack Canon! Think of all the strained yet pithy one liners you can learn, only to later use constantly to the embarassment and consternation of friends and family. Remember...."When policemen break the law....then there isn't any law....only the fight for survival!!" Deep, right? The fight for survival....I have chills!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 01:55:33 PM »

It also just struck me that my review might end up being, like, twice as long as yours, or something.  Maybe even more than that.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 05:04:35 PM »

"twice as long"?!?!

Ken, the only way your review is merely twice as long as Andrew's is if you stop after the opening credits

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 05:16:43 PM »

This is the one with the fake Hitler quote that keeps getting repeated as real, isn't it? I think that's what I was looking for when I first found this site, let's see if I can find that post on my blog:

http://davemunger.blogspot.com/2004/01/heres-that-bushhitler-ad-that-got.html
http://davemunger.blogspot.com/2004/01/i-had-my-first-tamarind-few-days-ago.html

Just noticed a link right in that same area of my blog that I'm going to have to change if I can figure out how to change things buried that deep in my archives. If my blog ever becomes so huge that the archives become a high traffic area, I'd be stealing mass bandwidth from this here site.
Neville

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 06:25:09 AM »

Was that the same quote that pops up in the TV debate scene from "The life of David Gale"? I remeber something similar, but I'll be damned if I watch that film again. I never imagined that a film that features Laura Linney nude for several minutes could be so boring.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 09:45:10 AM »

Well, my tongue *may* have been slightly in cheek.
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 01:32:06 AM »

I think I originally read about this in "The Dictionary of Misinformation". If I recall correctly, the Hitler quote originates in this movie, but has been falsely attributed to Hitler elsewhere.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 01:58:52 PM »

Dave, I did not note that quote in this movie.  I'll try to check the DVD again, during the short court scenes.  However, I think that the quote in question must be from either "Billy Jack" or "Billy Jack Goes to Washington."  I am thinking, if memory serves, that it was "Billy Jack" and I do remember something like that in there.

I also cannot verify the quote at this time.  I dropped a line to the fine folks at Snopes.com, maybe they can help.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 07:18:16 PM »

Cool, I was just checking Snopes to see if they had done anything on it. It seldom occurrs to me to actually send email.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Trial of Two Webmasters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.