Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:05:38 PM
713357 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (2002) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (2002)  (Read 2073 times)
Wence
« on: February 10, 2005, 03:08:11 PM »

"Shark Attack 3: Megalodon" (USA 2002)

The title is not correct, it should be named:
"Shark Attack for the Umpteenth Time"

- and that´s all of the plot that is worth talking about.

I wish I had watched this mess with my friends (&drunken)!

Althought crap it had such embarassing scenes that I count it as a highlight of my bad-movie-experience this month.

The best is the "a***ole´s jump into sharky´s mouth" and the "drive-in-scene" - what amazing effects in the year 2002!!!

Can anyone explain me why these stupid a***oles jump off the boat after it was just shaken by something they don´t know what it is?

Screaming and in panic they jump into the water - the scriptwriter must be an idiot!
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 03:27:06 PM »

Definitely one of the best b-movies of this or any generation.  Shark Attack 3 is one of those rare gems that absolutely 100% reaffirms your reasons for being a fan of b-movies.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 11:41:11 AM »

That's a great bad movie.  I love the scene where the main guy gets chewed out for screwing with the underwater cable, and then he stands there like he's forgotten his line.  His line is "okay".  Then he gets really mad at the girl because she said she was a marine anthropologist, but actually she's a marine paleo-anthropologist.  Like, the b***h!  And when the head bad guy is giving his speech on the boat - say 5 words...long pause...say 5 words...long pause.  Was he waiting for the cue cards to change?   And all the scenes on the boat where they're chasing around after the shark, and it's obvious the boat is standing still.  And maybe 40 scenes of the throttles being pushed forwards.  And in the end, didn't the guy swim about 100 yards in one second?

Ah, ya gotta love it.

iluvdolma
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 12:09:02 PM »

The mai bad guy (whatever his name is) seems to have been dubbed. One line I love is, "My lawyers will have a field day with you. They're the real sharks."

And when the bad guy's girlfriend falls down on the ship, they slow mo so you see her underwear. Also when the main bad guy drives into the shark, you can tell the shark is in slow mo but the guy is driving full speed. It makes no sense!

I love every frame of it!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 12:58:49 PM »

Question. Just how amny of these big huge shark movies (direct to video by the way) are we expected to stomach? OPEN  WATER, SHARK ATTACK 3, MEGALODON, RED WATER, DEEP BLUE, SHARK HUNT, and not to mention any more clones. Wouldn't sitting through the new direct to video opus Frankenfish be more up to speed? lol
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 01:18:27 PM »

Open Water was not a) about a huge shark, b) even really *about* the sharks at all, it just happened to have some in it but was marketed as a shark movie to get people in the theater seats, and c) was not direct to video.  And it was actually good.
But if you want more huge shark action, Steve Alten's book MEG is on the verge of finally becoming a movie.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Wence
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 03:09:12 PM »

Mr. Hockstatter,

Do they really say "marine anthropologist" and "paleo-anthropologist" ???

What the hell is "marine anthropology" - the search for mermaids???

If they really said anthropologist it is really funny...

An anthropologist is interested on humans, not on maritime life-forms!

I must have forgotten that point...
Jack Corbett
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 02:44:40 AM »

I blame Jaws for all these bad shark movies.

But I like Jaws...

SHUT UP, JACK! SHUT UP!!!
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 07:00:41 PM »

Oops, I was lying.  She says marine biologist.  I just got a kick out of his getting mad at her for not being specific enough about her field of study.  

I lied about the guy's line that he seems to forget as well.  It was actually "yes sir".
Wence
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 07:08:04 PM »

It would have been really funny if they had sayd "anthropologist", well, no matter...
Jack Corbett
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 07:10:29 PM »

Real-life shark eating minature models of boats... By the way, I haven't seen the movie. Just some pictures.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (2002) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.