Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:15:49 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They call that a commercial?!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: They call that a commercial?!!  (Read 14220 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 10:04:22 AM »

Mr. Hockstatter wrote:

> I think it would be cool if the gekko was disemboweled and his remains left to bake > in the sun.

LOL!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 10:50:40 AM »

So many stupid commercials. The Burger King one was extremely creepy, for sure. I don't mind them bringing back the Burger King, but why is he completely silent, in a big mask with a frozen expression, and, as Menard said, showing up in some guy's bed? Shudder.

The other KFC commercial that is really bad is the family sitting around thinking "I hope nobody wants the chicken strips, I hope nobody wants..." and so on. Ever hear of sharing? Eating some of everything? Lets promote trying to hog a whole family-sized box of potato wedges. And is there any chance nobody else at the table will want any of it? The only redeeming thing in the commercial was the punchline, with the senile old lady wearing the bucket for a hat. Of course, some group was offended, the company caved in and edited that out, and there was no longer any point to it. Just people hoarding food.

And don't get me started on car commercials.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JohnL

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 07:13:36 PM »

>BOGO?!!
>
>BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Now THAT is one of the MOST STUPID things I ever HEARD!!!

The commercials are even dumber. A woman is decorating a birthday cake and writes "Happy BOGO". A woman is calling her dog "Here BOGO!". stupid.

>The Burger King one was extremely creepy, for sure.

Right around the time those commercials started airing, I saw another creepy commercial, for gum. A guy is in a CPR class and when it's his turn to practice on the dummy, the dummy's arm comes up and grabs him. When it lets him go, it's stolen his gum, both the pack and the gum that was in his mouth. The dummy stands up and starts backing away, while chewing the guy's gum. It ducks out the door and goes running down the hall, smacks into something and gets its head turned around backwards. It goes outside, steals a bike and starts to pedal away, but since it can't see where it's going, it crashes into the side of a car. The guy finally catches up to it and takes back the pack of gum it stole. They used what looked like a real CPR dummy, so it looks like a life-sized puppet, which is what made it so creepy.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 07:15:59 PM »

Ah HA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!BwahahaHAHAhaHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogo.

BWA,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I just find it  very funny. Thanks for the laugh, JohnL(andis).
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2005, 08:54:32 PM »

I absolutely despise those Hardees commercials that make males in general look like primitive apes.

You know the ones I'm talking about...they'll show some lug who looks like he has an I.Q. lower than Forrest Gump standing at his refrigerator and there's nothing in it.
So he needs Hardeez to feed him so he can make it through the day.
And they also get in that obligatory shot of him scratching his head or ass or both.
Or...
There's the one that features 7-8 super-testosterone loaded guys in a hotel room wrestling with each other and ramming their heads together making a huge racket.
Then, one of their buddies arrives with Hardeez food for all of them and then they immediately get quiet while eating.

These Hardees ads basically make men out to be animals....literally.
Like we are incapable of intelligent thought.

They offend me so much that at one time I seriously considered writing a long letter to the Hardeez corp. expressing my disdain for their ads.

Post Edited (02-19-05 12:32)
daveblackeye15

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2005, 09:50:33 PM »

I don't really like those travel commericals with that lawn gnome guy he's kind of annoying but I like this newer one where he's trying to plug in an American appliance into an European plug in and he goes flying across the room and says "Am I going to die?"

Kinda funny.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Jack Corbett
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2005, 10:07:34 PM »

Hmm... sounds just like me when I want Coca Cola or home-made hamburgers...
Jack Corbett
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2005, 10:08:14 PM »

Now THOSE are some f**ked up commercials.
JohnL

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2005, 10:25:13 PM »

I just remembered another series of ads that I hated; The ones for McDonald's Chicken Strips with the idiot in the empty room practicing yelling "STEP AWAY FORM THE CHICKEN STRIPS!!!"

Made me want to go into McDonald's just so that they could ask me if I'd like to try them and I could answer "No way! I've seen the commercials, those chicken strips turn you into an a***ole!"
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2005, 10:32:46 PM »

There was a Subway commercial where these preppy looking pricks pull up to the drive through at a fast food joint, and just start berating the guy who works there.  I guess eating at Subway makes you into an ass hole.  I mean, Subway sells a bag of potato chips as the standard side dish for their sandwiches.  And if you try to walk out of the place without letting them pour, pile and squirt 2,000 calories worth of s**t all over your "low fat" sandwich, they give you a dirty look.  And Jarred Fogel used to be immensely obese and now he's just a dumpy looking blockhead.

Anyhow, I'm not especially fond of those Subway commercials.

Ozzymandias
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2005, 11:43:54 PM »

For anyone who has to either wait on people or answer the phone at a business, that commercial is bad news. It just gives people an excuse to insult you.

BTW, the gnome was kinda funny the first time, but they wore it out.  It actually is based on a true story. A little old lady was on both Carson and Letterman back in the 80s. Some college kids stole her yard gnome and broght him back with picture from places like Paris, London, Japan and Hawaii.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005, 01:21:32 AM »

What's amazing is the sheer amount of money Hardees is spending on advertising; around here, at least, they are shutting down stores hand over fist.  In the last town in which we lived, they closed several, and here, quite a few have closed in the last year.  I mean, those ads play at almost every tv commercial break.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2005, 08:26:58 AM »

Subway ads. I am getting really sick of those, and Jared. There's the one where he's dining in a fancy restaurant, you know, for some variety. This guy (dining in the same place, I might add) comes up to him and scolds him for it. Then the dessert cart comes around, and he gets this look like, "Oh oh." So, Jared is not allowed to eat anywhere but Subway, and if he ever does, he's going to get fat again. What a crock.

I don't mind the one where he talks about being half the size he was, because I imagine that he might keep halving until he disappears. What is the half-life of a Jared anyway?

There is also the one where he talks about the "step away from the chicken strips" ad, and suggests it's good advice. I hate any commercial that resorts to bashing the competition.

I don't even understand how they can legally  use the other companies' trademarks. Like the Pepsi commercial where the guy with the house full of Coke memorobilia drinks a Pepsi for no apparent reason, then dumps thousands of dollars worth of collectables onto the curb. And the claim in that commercial is so stupid. Pepsi has a cola with half the sugar of regular Coke. Well, it also has half the sugar of regular Pepsi. And Coke has a similar drink, which I think was out first. Only an idiot would be fooled by this.

Post Edited (02-14-05 19:09)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »

Back in my day, they had to reffer to the competition as "Brand X", I think the change had to do with the general deregulation going on in the 80s. Remember when Nuprin was trying to popularize the phrase "nupe it" as in "You've got a headache? You should nupe it."

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 07:55:27 PM »

I know the Truth.com were already mentioned (I don't like them either and I am a non-smoker) but has anyone ever seen the ads they have in a magazines? They have someones face EXTREMELY close (up to the point you see acne and razor bumps on the guys)with a scapula going to their stitched area face/mouth/ear. I love when I am reading my Avengers comic and turn the page and see some dudes 12 clock shadow and razor bumps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Post Edited (02-14-05 19:15)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They call that a commercial?!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.