Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:49:12 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The best movie titles « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The best movie titles  (Read 2408 times)
Writer
« on: February 11, 2005, 02:28:51 PM »

When we talk about how good or how crappy a movie really is, of course, we usually talk about the actual content. As the marketing department will always tell you, though, the packaging does make a difference in sales. Let's give some examples of great titles. Mind, the movie itself doesn't have to have been any good; in fact, it's funnier if the title was great but the movie sucked.

I'll start off the thread with one of the best titles I ran across just recently at www.archive.org, which has a lot of old educational films and the like available for download. (It also has "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians." Woo hoo!) The title was for a Red Cross film about various kinds of accidents and personal disasters in the 1930s, and how to administer first aid.

The title: "Why Not Live?"

Now there's a great title that says everything worth saying about this film right up front. Maybe YOU don't care about your life. Maybe if a car ran over YOU, you'd just lie there and let yourself bleed to death. On the other hand, maybe you DO actually care about that pathetic so-called life of yours, and you have a lunch date to keep. So, why not learn how to bind up your wounds so that you'll survive as you wait for the paramedics to arrive? "Why Not Live?"
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 08:12:28 PM »

THE SAGA OF THE VIKING WOMEN AND THEIR VOYAGE TO THE WATERS OF THE GREAT SEA SERPENT (1958)
Jack Corbett
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

Bwahahahahaha
Writer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 09:28:51 PM »

That's got to have been an old drive-in B-movie, by the sound of it. Everything a guy could want: women with lots of hardware going out to get their scanty costumes soaked while taking on a big snake-like thing.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 09:31:11 PM »

ha ha ha ha...

That is an idiotic title. Thanks for the laugh, Writer.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 10:34:02 PM »

You know I think they ran out of good movie titles. All the good ideas being used up. Now they have films with titles that consist of just a single syllable. Like THE RING or something like that. The titles don't come out and grab you anymore.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 10:43:54 PM »

What about Doom: Resurrection? Does that sound good?
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 10:45:56 PM »

I heard of this movie recently, probably from some link on this board. It's just a goofy Italian Dirty Harry rip-off, but the title is SO FREAKING SCARY. I wet myself just from thinking about the title: Strange Shadows In An Empty Room.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 10:55:03 PM »

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Strange Shadows in an Empty Room

Ha ha ha ha ha...
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 11:59:24 PM »

Mad Max.  What could be cooler than that?  I mean, the guy's name is Max, and he's mad.    And he's the Road Warrior!  Holy Crap!  I'm gettin' out of the way.

Jack Corbett
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 12:08:25 AM »

Mr. Hockstatter, I agree. Bestcar chase in the second one.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The best movie titles « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.