Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:29:59 PM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard  (Read 11219 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 02:29:01 PM »

I remember when I younger I was with my 2 cousins in the woods. We weren't doing anything just like to hike when I heard my name being called. "Richard" "Richard". I looked at my cousins who looked shocked. I said to them "come on guys you didn't tell me we were meeting anybody". We were like 2 miles from anywere, noone knew we were there and It was all flat terrain so you could see a good distance. One of my cousins finally spoke up and said theres noone out here but us and who would know your name. I heard my name being called a couple of more times when we were heading back. It was a nice calming womans voice.

My cousins still deny that it was a set up to scary me and that event happened 7 years ago. By the look on there faces when my name was being called there either really good actors or were scared.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Post Edited (02-16-05 13:30)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 03:15:19 PM »

I will say that the Grudge and Ju On, despite being awful movies, both scared the living hell out of me. As did the Blob and Michael Dukakis when I was about 8 (I was convinced that they both lived in the sewers)..

I am petrified of spiders, even small ones freak me out, I hate them. So I have seen these things called camelback spiders that are mainly found in Australia and Iraq. I hear marines are killing these spiders (average the size of about a wall clock) with their guns as they are so big.

Also to see something be careful, this is DISTURBING (though fake). But, I sure you all can take it:
www.tubgirl.com

I also must say I do not believe in ghosts so even when freaky things happen, Im not too scared. When I was about 13, I was walking down the street, and each streetlamp turned off as soon as I had wlaked past, one at a time. Probably the scariest moment I have ever had besides once totalling a car.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
JohnL

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 05:43:22 AM »

>For movies, the scariest thing I've honestly seen is the naked fat lady in About
>Schmidt, her name slips my mind at the moment

Kathy Bates AKA the psycho from Misery.
petrol_lunatic
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 02:35:39 AM »

Not really scary but disturbing- Willem DaFoe in Boondock Saints when he's in drag. He does not make a pretty woman. I usually find him to be rather creepy anyways.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 04:07:32 AM »

Nick Nolte in that red dress in Breakfast of Champions .
dean

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 04:44:23 AM »

Last year when I was doing research on vampire myths represented in movies, [which involved me watching pretty much every vampire movie at my video store]  I had many a wierd creepy dream about vampires, which the more I think about it, the stupider it seems, but my sleeping patterns were pretty shocking around then, and although it makes sense that when you are writing an essay and spending most of you time surrounded by it, you'll dream about it, but it was kinda creepy nonetheless to my sleep deprived mind.

When I was younger I used to be paranoid that I had Gremlins in my cupboards, so I made sure the doors were all closed before I went to sleep.  To this day I still prefer sleeping with them closed, although Laziness is still getting the better of me.

So far I haven't really had any ghost stories personally, other than the usual creepy noises a house makes.   Although my friend's new place apparently has wierd things happening in the garage, and my boss told me a story about the ghost of her step-brother and his repulsion at her naked body [don't ask, it scarred me badly hearing that story...]

Scary moments in movies are getting fewer for me now, but when I saw Saw,  I thought it was pretty damn creepy all through the film, and the end of The Ring had me grabbing the arms of my seat.

One of the creepiest movies I have seen is a Japanese film called 'Hypnosis' I think, where people who have been hypnotised to kill themselves when they hear a certain noise.  It ended on some really crazy demon type note which although effects wise wasn't great, was effective nonetheless.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Drezzy Mac
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 10:47:18 PM »

Scariest thing that's ever happened to me was when my friend Timmay (yes, he was nicknamed after a retarded cripple on South Park) died, as I had just spent an entire day hanging out with him the week prior. Ever since, I've just been waiting for more people to die (and 3 more have that I've been close to: my friend Jeff, my grandfather, and my friend Tina). So now whenever I don't talk to somebody for an extended period of time (usually over a week), I start freaking out and call them out of the blue.

As for movies...nothing has really scared me outside of Chucky, and I was only 6 or 7 when that did scare me. But when The Ring came out on DVD, I found the Easter Egg to watch the video itself, and I watched it. After you watch it, the sound of an old phone ringing is heard on the DVD, so I laughed at it...but then MY phone rang. Didn't answer it, needless to say.

Another freaky thing was when I was driving home from my girlfriend's house one night, so I decided to avoid the major highway and took Rte 85 in MA (since we both live here, but she lives about 30 miles north of me). I stopped at a red light, and saw a car sitting in the train station parking lot, it's lights on and the driver inside it. The red light was unusually long, and then I passed by the train station, and the car pulled out of the parking lot, nearly forcing the car that was behind me off the road in doing so, and then quickly came up on my ass, flashing its brights. I went through about 2 towns (Hopkinton and Milford) with him on my ass and flashing his brights, so I just pulled over into the parking lot of a pub, and watched him as he drove by. The old lady gave me the dirtiest look as she slowed down, and I swear she turned around in the next driveway or parking lot, because when I got back onto the road I saw her driving the other way.
Master Blaster
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 01:07:35 PM »

Scariest thing I've ever heard "Honey, I'm late."
Writer
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005, 05:27:13 AM »

Well, that spark dream I had was probably the most horrible experience I recall, but that was the kind of horror that comes from grief mixed with a feeling of utter helplessness. Where scares are concerned, I think the worst scare I had was another dream that seemed so real.

The dream went something like this: I was out wandering through a part of the neighborhood I knew fairly well late at night, and had just come to a place next to a factory that had this big lawn out in front that was well-lit. I dreamed two guys were there holding guns on a woman and that I realized this only when I was up close and they'd spotted me as well.

One of the guys taunted me and asked whether I was going to be the big hero and face down a gun. As his partner covered us both with his guns and made me keep my hands up, this nasty crook put his pistol in my belt and dared me to take my chances and try to draw faster than he could. I dreamed that he gave me no choice but to play his game, so I went for the gun.

Lo and behold, I did manage to draw first, but then when I pulled the trigger, all I got was a clicking noise; the gun was empty! Then I panicked, turned tail, and ran. The crooks both leveled tommy guns and started blazing away at me. My heart was racing and I was completely terrified. I was thinking how any moment one of the bullets they were firing was going to catch me square in the back, and wondering why one hadn't already hit me.

I woke up panting and covered in sweat.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 08:53:09 PM »

Egads man.  I looked at those autopsy photos.  Hope the memory fades before I try to get to sleep tonight.
Shit Demon
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 12:37:40 AM »

That's pretty scary.
Moviemullins
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 08:05:39 PM »

Dude.. VHS???  Who watches VHS now-a-days.. well, naming one person is you so how about this.... grow up and buy DVD's, Wide Screen.  and.. please, its on the house, you don't have to say thanks or anything.

Shit Demon
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2005, 05:25:17 PM »

One time I was at my friend's place playing Halo and I glanced to a small window next to the TV. Guess who I saw?

I saw someone that looked just like Jesus walk past the window.
That scared the hell out of me.
Eirik
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2005, 09:24:28 PM »

Here's one for you Jack Corbett.  When I was a kid I lived in a (NJ) suburb west of Manhattan.  This was the 1980s when the specter of nuclear war was still very much alive.  One autumn evening I walked to my front door (which faced east toward the city) and I could have sworn for just an instant I saw a huge orange mushroom cloud through the trees!  

Turns out it was just the moon low in the sky.  When the moon is low in the sky, the atmosphere filters out all the colors in the sunlight it reflects except red ones which have a longer wavelength and can get through.  This makes the moon look red and distorts its size to make it look much bigger.

I thought we were all goners for a minute.
Eirik
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2005, 09:27:56 PM »

JohnL wrote:  "If you want to find out more about scientology and why it's a dangerous cult, check out the following links..."

Or you could just rent Battlefield Earth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.