Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:05 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard  (Read 11138 times)
Writer
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 12:28:01 AM »

Yeah, I could see the terror in that, although I suppose if you really had been seeing a mushroom cloud, it would have had to have been far enough away that the flash and the shockwave couldn't reach you, so it was somebody else who would have been the goners. (Of course, this being the Cold War turned hot, there would have been plenty of reason to freak out anyway, since the next nuke to hit probably would be aimed at your town.)

I've always rather wondered how we'd react if one of our cities went up in a mushroom cloud. I'm thinking the reaction would be like what we saw on 09/11/01 times a thousand or so. (A small nuke could easily claim three million lives in the blast alone.) Since we're not at war with the Soviets anymore, any nuclear explosion we might get is likely to be from a single stolen nuke a band of terrorists might smuggle in across the Mexican or Canadian border.

Anyway, if you ever get to see a mushroom cloud with your own eyes these days, that'll be more on the order of the "grief and helplessness" kind of horror.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 06:18:20 AM »

I once saw in a documentary the body of a sailor who had fallen to the sea during an arctic or anctartic expedition. Somehow, the bosy had been recovered after many years and was preserved in ice. It looked extremely well preserved, a thin man in light clothes (he was even barefoot). The only things that would tell you he was dead were the yellowish colour of his skin, except the zone of the nose and forehead, which was purple. That was very, very creepy.

In movies, I hate with all my heart cocroaches and similar insects, so watching "Mimic" in a big screen was definitely not a good idea. When i was walking back home, around 12:30 AM, I once heard a noise behind me and instinctively turned back. It was nothing, but it scared the hell out of me.

I used to have nightmares regarding horror movie situations when I was younger (turning 28 in April), but these days I found films like "American Beauty" to be more scary.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
BlackAngel
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2005, 12:00:29 AM »

9/11
Eirik
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2005, 12:28:48 AM »

Did anyone actually see the effects of September 11?  I did.  I work in Washington DC and live in Virginia.  Most of the city let out of work in the morning because people were pretty freaked out.  I had to stay at work the full day, so I drove home at like 4:30 - hours after most people were sent home, and since the whole country was inside watching CNN or FOX, there were NO cars on the road.  Anyone who's ever lived in DC, city of eternal traffic, might appreciate how creepy being the only car on the road in broad daylight is.  As I drove across the 14th St. Bridge, totally alone, a massive, black smoke plume from the Pentagon filled the sky in front of me.  As I pulled onto the GW parkway, I could see the Pentagon (opposite side from where it was hit) and it was just surrounded by flashing lights.  Fighter planes and helicopters were swarming around like flies.  No planes were going in or out of Reagan Airport (which you can see from the bridge) which normally sends off a plane every 40 seconds or so.  It was surreal.

A few days after that, I was driving in Arlington and turned down the road that passes right by where the Pentagon was hit.  I had forgotten it was so close to the road and I could see up close the spot where it was hit.  It looked like the building had been made of wax and melted away.  Within a year, you could drive by the same spot and not even be able to tell where the old wall ended and the new wall began.  I think this country got back on its feet fast.
BlackAngel
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2005, 01:56:50 AM »

I got this friend who used to work in the Towers.  He was suppose to be at work that day.  Thankfully (for all that has lost loved ones in the Towers, I apologize) he alive, and married with twins now.  Why?  He slept late.
--------------------------------------
Bulls**t!  I still can't hear you.  Sound off like you gotta pair.
SubG_Man666
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2005, 08:56:38 PM »

I believe the scariest mvoie that I've seen, to date, is School's Out! It's a German movie... dubbed in English.... based on an urban legend about a guy that runs around a school killing students with scissors, while dressed as a Harlequin. I was still creeped out 3 days afterwards. Clenched fists and jumping at shadows. Damn good movie!!!
Cool Ass clown
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2005, 10:03:07 PM »

scariest thing is BlackAngel's ass also go to tubgirl.com
Jeffrey
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2005, 03:33:55 AM »

you guys will NOT believe this, but...
One year ago we heard about A woman and a baby dissepeared somewhere in Limburg(holland). A few days later we were at facation there, so we went walking through the woods, and when we were walking fot like 2 hours, we were sitting down, and the first thing I see is some kind of track going from were we walked deep into the woods. not a track of footsteps, but a track of some kind of sack. next to the track of the sack were footsteps of 1 person. we followed it .... there was some kind of open spot there, and it smelled badly. there were 2 sticks in the ground , and we were checking what it was. then, when i looked at it, you can see that someone digged there, and after digging , throwed dirt on it. There were holes at alot of places, and every place smelled as hell. there were flies hanging around there too. so, we stared digging with sticks, and everytime it started stinking more worse. Then , we left without digging further, becouse it started to rail badly. when we were in the bungalow, we talked about it, and late at night, we were going asleep.

now THIS is really scary...
That night , i went out of my bed to get a glass of water, and my little brother (5 years old),sleeping in another room, was screeming , and I rund to him, and there was that shining blue and white colour is just saw, and then it was gone. he was really crying , and i asked him what was going on. He told me , that he saw a Stummick that walked on the ground...this was VERY uncomfertable,but thats not the scariest thing that happened that night. Everybody went back asleep, and my mon and dad slept over by my little brother.  I was all alone in a pretty big, scary , bedroom. and with what my brother told , that  didn't do any good to me to go asleep. so, an hour later, everybody was asleep, exept me... damn, i had to go to the toilet...aww..and i knew something wasn't right here. I had to keep the light off , and i went outa my bed..very silent, I went to the bathroom. When i was there, the most scary thing ever happened to me. I heard very silend the word ''no'' and then, in my head, i saw my mother pointing at some place in the dark bathroom. i went there, and then it happened. I walked pretty fast to the toilet, and when i past the mirror , in my right eye, i saw somebody standing very strange standing to the wall at my left, LOOKING AT ME!!  I fell on the ground, couze i was SO afraid,my legs just didnt move , and i really SAW somebody , looking at me...only the thought at that happening makesme scare the hell out of me. I run to my parents, and I told them what happend...they believed it i guess, and that night i slept with them. I had some nightmares, but the next day we went home.
since then, when allways   have to go to the  toilet at night, i turn the lights on, and who's against it.....i don't care
bold guy scared sh*tless
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

Back in 95 i was dating this woman with 2 kids.  well  1night i was sleeping and had a dream that i walked through the kitchen and noticed a guy out of the window, He had (if you could believe it..) a bazooka. dressed exactly like CIA, dark glasses and suit. suddenly he turned and pointed the bazooka at the window i was looking through. In a panick i grabbed the 2 kids and shoved  Debbie in the bedroom and  into the closet put the 2 kids in with her and told them not to come out till i get them. i start closing the door and just as it closes and i look up and there was a guy with dark glasses and a suit staring at me through my bedroom window..IT scared the hell out of me so bad i jumped out of bed grabbing anything i could use as a weapon. It was only after she started talking to me that i finally come around as to where and what i was doing.. being 10 yrs now i still think of it regularly and i can still feel the panick and frustration i felt when i looked up and seen that man staring at me knowing i could no longer keep them hidden from them.....I have been surrounded by 20-30 men intent on hurting me something fierce because 1 guy ran his mouth and didnt have the balls to step up and admitt to it. so he got all his friends... to say the least i never backed down and told them if he wanted to hurt me so bad he should step forward.. he never did and i got out of there with my skin luckily. i have also traveled the country racing dirtbikes and have jumped over 80 feet.  The point is, THAT IS THE ONLY THING, that has scared me that much.. wierd huh? And being it was the Govt it could as well happen to any of us any day...........
freakedoutbad
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2005, 03:09:19 PM »

ok so this one time i was with my 2 best friends and we were having a sleep over at my house, and we heard a knock at the front door and i sent my friend to go see who it was and when she came back she said that nothing was there, so we went back to what we were doing, like 2 hours later my friend who had answered the door woke me up saying she couldn't find our other friend, well i have a really big house so we thought maybe she was just hiding so we got up to look for her, knowing that she was just going to jump out and scare us if we found her, well almost 10 minutes of looking later we found her sitting in the guest room closet all freaked out, we thought she was kidding but when we tried to get her out of the closet she freaked out and said somthing about the lake, i have a lake behind my house and we always joked about like bodies and monsters and stuff, i was thinking maybe she just took that a little bit too seriously.  well about 5 months after that we were surfing the web and we looked up our neighborhood, and we found out that someone had been killed right near here and were rumored to have put the body in the lake, to this day we have no idea how my friend knew about that, but now we never accuse her of joking around, that was one of the scariest things i have ever been through, and even thinking about it gives me the chills.

freakedoutbad
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2005, 03:11:39 PM »

ok so this one time i was with my 2 best friends and we were having a sleep over at my house, and we heard a knock at the front door and i sent my friend to go see who it was and when she came back she said that nothing was there, so we went back to what we were doing, like 2 hours later my friend who had answered the door woke me up saying she couldn't find our other friend, well i have a really big house so we thought maybe she was just hiding so we got up to look for her, knowing that she was just going to jump out and scare us if we found her, well almost 10 minutes of looking later we found her sitting in the guest room closet all freaked out, we thought she was kidding but when we tried to get her out of the closet she freaked out and said somthing about the lake, i have a lake behind my house and we always joked about like bodies and monsters and stuff, i was thinking maybe she just took that a little bit too seriously.  well about 5 months after that we were surfing the web and we looked up our neighborhood, and we found out that someone had been killed right near here and were rumored to have put the body in the lake, to this day we have no idea how my friend knew about that, but now we never accuse her of joking around, that was one of the scariest things i have ever been through, and even thinking about it gives me the chills.
aron
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 10:55:42 AM »

f**k YOU  DICK WEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!
s**t Demon wrote:

> One time I was at my friend's place playing Halo and I glanced
> to a small window next to the TV. Guess who I saw?
>
> I saw someone that looked just like Jesus walk past the window.
> That scared the hell out of me.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 11:58:43 AM »

aron wrote:

> some stupid crap that I won't repeat

Thank you so much for that intelligent, well thought out post to this topic.
Without people like you, the rest of us may not realize how intelligent we really are as we would have nothing to compare ourselves to. What I can't seem to understand is why people like you take the time to come here and post crap like that. It amazes me and I have to wonder what goes through your tiny mind when doing it?
"Oooohhhhhhh, I am so cool and such a bad boy! I will prove it to the world by showing them my wit and intellect on this message board by posting my witty comment! Who da man! Now...if only I had a cat to kick!"

Worm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.