Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:14:05 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Star Wars ripoff « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst Star Wars ripoff  (Read 4230 times)
Jack Corbett
« on: February 12, 2005, 07:20:43 PM »

I tend to steer away from terrible (Not in the respected "Bad" category) so I cannot really say. What are yours? Starcrash?
Wence
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 07:22:36 PM »

"Starcrash" - You have to watch it to believe it...
Jack Corbett
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 07:34:20 PM »

I watched the torpedo's clip on this site and, believe me, I have no intention of watching it.
Wence
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 07:39:32 PM »

Sorry Jack, but I don´t understand you.

This site is badmovie.org - "bad" like "low budget/senseless/bad taste/crap", just look at the site´s reviews.

A real badmovie-fan would never say:
"I watched the torpedo's clip on this site and, believe me, I have no intention of watching it."

I think you should watch out for something like gore.com or horrorpunxonacid.org or whatever...
Jack Corbett
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 08:06:07 PM »

I only like fun or enjoyable Bad Movies. Or deliberately terrible bad movies. I have yet to watch an absolute s**t bag of a movie, which is why I might watch one of the Boll Weevil's movies soon enough.

So, technically, I don't really watch terrible films. I mainly watch B-Movies, or respected ones that I enjoy (see; The Bourne Identity/Supremacy, JP 1, 2 and 3, Mission: Impossible, Titanic, Braindead, LotR, etc.)

I am an unusual creation. REALLY unusual. I can't explain what I like/don't like.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 08:46:09 PM »

There was some Japanese movie that came out right after Star Wars.  It was pretty much a direct rip off.  Something about throwing seeds into the winds of space, and the seeds came to land on various planets, and if you got a seed you were destined to help the defeated people take back their empire.  It was awful.  There was a regular sailing ship that was flying through space.  They couldn't afford light sabres, so I think they just used regular swords.  Two extremely obnoxious guys who liked to race their spaceships were the main characters.

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 08:48:42 PM »

There was some Japanese movie that came out right after Star Wars.

"Message From Space"

Andrew's review
IMDB Entry

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 09:53:42 PM »

I've never seen Starcrash, but I have seen Battle Beyond The Stars http://badmovies.org/movies/battlebeyond/index.html a few times, that was pretty bad. I posted about The Return before http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=81058&t=81058 , there's kind of a lightsaber thing in that.

saintmort
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 01:22:15 AM »

My friends and I watched Starship Troopers out of boredom last night so that's what comes to mind...so bad

"you kill bugs good"

Though it doesn't really rip off Star Wars I remember parents thinking it was gonna be like Star Wars and taking young kids to the theaters...those kids were in for a shock.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 03:30:13 PM »

wance said:

"Sorry Jack, but I don´t understand you.

This site is badmovie.org - "bad" like "low budget/senseless/bad taste/crap", just look at the site´s reviews"
ok, what about "the turkish star wars"?has enybody said that Manos is the worst movie ever made? take a look at "the turkish star wars", pelase.u wont belive it, i promise.

pauli
Wence
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 05:11:58 PM »

Maria Paula,

you mean "Manos" is "the turkish star wars"?

Sounds interesting...

I don´t know much turkish films but what I know is, that they often sing in them.

Do they sing in "the turkish star wars", too.

If they do, please, I hope not that bad like Leia in the SW Holiday Special !
blkrider
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 05:30:06 PM »

The Turkish films are bad movie paradise.  I've heard the Turkish Exorcist is also a hoot.  

I actually liked Battle Beyond the Stars back when I saw it in the theater but even as a kid I could see that it was a Star Wars ripoff.  Funny thing is that these days I'd probably be more inclined to enjoy Battle Beyond the Stars than Star Wars.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2005, 09:23:41 PM »

Lame, I hate it when other countries can rip off movies so easily.

*India, Turkey, bastards.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 01:01:43 AM »

I love that, it's like you can just insert Spiderman or whatever, whenever you feel like it, and you can make him a serial killer! Searced for "turkish star wars" on imdb and got this: Dünyayi kurtaran adam http://imdb.com/title/tt0182060/
Yaddo 42
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 02:45:40 AM »

One of the minor disappointments of my film viewing life is that I have only seen clips of "Starcrash" or "Turkish Star Wars". Unfortunately I have seen "Space Raiders". I would like to see "Message from Space" again.

It's fantasy rather than scifi, but I've always considered "Krull" a SW ripoff.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Star Wars ripoff « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.