Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:43:04 AM
714233 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  any aspiring filmmakers? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: any aspiring filmmakers?  (Read 5532 times)
Mofo Rising
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2001, 01:22:38 AM »

JD-Cashflow wrote:
>
> If I was to make movies, how could I begin to get
> sponsors for $$$ and other necessities?

You could always take the AMERICAN MOVIE approach and sponge off a rich crazy relative.  That'll get you a movie AND a cameo in a Jet Li movie, not to mention a ready-to-go voice actor for your film.

Seriously, if you want to get money, find anybody with a lot to spare and sell 'em, sell 'em, sell 'em on your movie.  If you have samples ready to show, show 'em.  People want to know that they will make their money back, that's the main thing.  It may be a low-budget horror movie, but if you can convince them you have the goods to make it in the video market, they may very well give you the money.  And don't be afraid to get money from people who can only give a couple of hundred, you can thank them in the credits and they'll be part of "the movies".  Also, you probably won't get big corporate sponsors, but check local businesses.  They may have some bucks to spend on "advertising".  In short, become a prostitute to anybody with money.  Nobody's going to just give you all the money you need to shoot a film.  You must become the master of guerilla filmmaking and fundraising.  And don't expect to have a life.

Find actors to work for scale.  Better find no-name actors to work for nothing.  Sell them on the "love of film" angle.  Be an utter ruthless bastard, but make everybody happy.  Don't be afraid to be an a***ole, but for God's sake don't alienate the investors.  Play them all for chumps and get the movie you want made.  It ain't pretty, but there it is.

Or you could take THE PRODUCERS route and get investors for a film you will know will fail and then rake in the dough.  Of course, that could backfire.
mugwump
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2001, 01:23:58 AM »

i'm not an expert on this topic, but recently film festivals seem to be the easiest way to get your foot in the door. if some producer likes your movie at say, Sundance, he might write you a check the same night it's screened. Steven Soderbergh said success is "Talent+Perseverence=Luck."
Scott
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2001, 11:34:46 AM »

I loved Mofo's post, phew..... I also seen AMERICAN MOVIE and I loved it. So for me I've read Roger Cormans autobiography, watched THE PRODUCERS, AMERICAN MOVIE,  ED WOOD and two or three documentaries on Ed Wood.

Everyone know they want their B-Movie TV. A 24 hour B-Movie Channel would be great. The channel would somehow get the rights to all films ever made. Now, how would this be done?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  any aspiring filmmakers? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.