Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:37:11 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kentucky Fried Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky Fried Movie  (Read 3803 times)
Yan Bags
« on: November 28, 2001, 01:05:39 AM »

Where's the review for this? On the way I hope.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2001, 01:22:35 AM »

I do not think that this one quite "fits" the page.  I have no plans to review KFM.

Andrew
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2001, 08:30:48 AM »

Kentucky Fried Movie is a fantastic parody, but like Amazon Women On The Moon or Airplane, it might be funny, or have a "cult" following, or be "out there"--but it's not "out there" or funny in the same sense as fug dup stuff like Bad Taste or Street Trash or Fiend Without A Face or even mainstream oddities like Masters of the Universe. There's not that special moment when normal people turn away in disgust, or roll their eyes and get up to leave at the pathetic, infantile spectactle before them--while Andrew and those of us who love BMO lean closer and say:

"Braaaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnnnsssssss."
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2001, 01:16:54 PM »

Also....."Deep Hurting"......."Hypno-hilio-static-stasis."....."Sand storm"....and of corse, "Rock climbing,guys,rock climbing!"
lester1/2jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2001, 04:17:01 PM »

"Can I do it till I need Glasses?" people were really ugly in the 70's
PoorLogic
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2001, 09:25:13 PM »

While not exactly a sequel, "Groove Tube" is marketed as being from the creators of KFM - beware this film sucks. The humor in KFM is totally lost in Groove Tube and the only part I liked was when Chevy Chase is sell some product while a hot chic gets naked behind him...still not enough to recommend.
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2001, 12:12:37 PM »

Is actually a predecessor to "Kentucky Fried Movie."  I did find the piece about "Brown 25" sort of amusing.  I mean, it moved like molassas, but that was sort of the point...

Andrew
Vermin Boy
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2001, 03:53:39 PM »

It should probably be pointed out that, IIRC, the Groove Tube was made by completely different people than KFM. It did, however, feature pre-star turns from Chevy Chase and Richard "Homicide" Belzer (who has a pretty funny bit as a president who's survived 27 assassination attempts. It works, because he pretty much plays it as an amped-up version of his standup persona-- "I'm the f***in' president here!")
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kentucky Fried Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.