Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:06:59 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Willard - with Crispin Glover « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Willard - with Crispin Glover  (Read 3168 times)
George
« on: February 24, 2005, 08:56:22 AM »

I TIVOed this last weekend and watched it last night.  I liked the original but I think I actually liked the remake better.  Crispin is wonderfully creepy and the supporting characters are really great, not to mention the rats.

Your thoughts?

TEAR 'EM UP!!
lester1/2jr
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 03:44:16 PM »

I haven't seen it but "killer snakes", the hong kong version of "williard" from the 70's, is a brutal late night classic.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 05:46:40 PM »

Although I haven't seen the original, I enjoyed the remake, if not for the fact that Crispin Glover is one incredibly creepy man.

On the dvd i have it also has a video clip which I think Glover directed, of the song 'my friend Ben,' equally nutty stuff there.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 05:37:11 PM »

I saw this film and liked it better than most Academy Award nominated stuff of the same year... which isnt exactly a ringing endorsement. Though the cat's death and Crispin's final battle were cool, you must admit, punturing your boss' car tires is just a lame stunt.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 01:17:18 AM »

I love Crispin -- Eugene & Ed is a fabulous film --  and love the Bruce Davison original of this sooo much -- but no, never have seen this remake.  Guess I have to now . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 08:51:21 PM »

This movie is awesome! Crispen's performance in this movie is one of the best I've ever scene.  That whole seige scene at the end was great. Such a shame this wasn't a bigger hit.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 03:25:41 AM »

The original Willard is unavailable anywhere on DVD that I can tell, which is a shame.  I understand the actors had peanut butter smeared on them to keep the rat "actors" interested in them.  Imagine a 2nd disc with extras, interviews with Borgnine,  Davidson, Sondra Locke.

Post Edited (03-01-05 02:29)

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
blkrider
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 03:43:24 AM »

I thought this was one of the better remakes--Glover was a perfect choice and R. Lee Ermey was great as the evil boss.  I love when Willard tells him "The rats do anything I tell them to do," and he says "Well tell them to get the f**k out of my office!"
M-Allan
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 06:30:22 PM »

Funny little note on that movie... I'm told one of the biggest problems they had with the "actors" is that the rats were constantly having sex.  Not sure of the exact numbers, but I think during the weeks of product like 30 new rats were born.  Everytime they'd start up, they'd always have to turn the camera away because they weren't sure how the MPAA would rate a film with animal sex in it....

Hehehe...
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 08:06:06 PM »

I still haven't seen the original, but I loved the remake; Glover's performance is flat-out amazing (plus, any movie that can get Crispin Glover's face plastered all over subway stations is OK in my book).

Speaking of Willard, I recently found a great pin at my local record store: It says "WWWD?" with a picture of a rat. It now resides poudly on my lapel. :)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
peter johnson
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 08:45:03 PM »

Okay, no, the original is NOT available on DVD -- It IS, however, available pretty widely on plain ol' VHS -- It really is worth seeking out in that format.
I'm sure that Crispin must be marvelous in this, but Bruce Davison, Elsa (Bride of Frankenstein!!) and Ernest Borgnine togther in one film?  The acting in the original is a beauty to behold.  The underlighting with Davison when he gives the "Tear him up!!" line has to be experienced in any format.
Don't miss a Big Screen showing anywhere if one occurs!
Still have to see the remake -- I'm way behind on everything -- I only just recently saw Return of the Living Dead for the first time.  This gives you an idea . . . so much to view . . . so much . . .
braaainnnsss . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »

I had forgotten about the peanut butter smeared on the actors, so the rats would "attack" them. Both films were also not orignial screenplays, but based on the novel "The Ratman's Notebook" by Stephen Gilbert.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Willard - with Crispin Glover « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.