Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:07:20 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New video acquisitons « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New video acquisitons  (Read 1435 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: February 25, 2005, 08:41:49 AM »

I was in Big Lots yesterday and picked up 4 Babylon 5 VHS tapes for  $.50 each. Each has two episodes , couldn't  turn 'em down for that price.  I also picked up a couple of the $1 DVD double-features (old 50's scifi) which I will post something about when I watch them.

I noticed they had a couple of those 50 movie DVD collections, one was 50 great stars and the other was 50 great mysteries (a lot of Dick Tracy stuff).  They were selling them for $19.99 and they also had one with 100 cartoons for $14.99.  I would've pick something up if they had the horror or scifi ones.  You might check them out if you have a Big Lots near by.

The problem with Big Lots (and other closeout stores) is that from week to week the selections changes.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Eirik
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 08:12:38 PM »

Dang geezer - where can I find one of these Big Lots??  I'd buy anything I saw on video for fifty cents just on general principle.  (Yes, even a JLo movie).

Also it seems a changing selection from week to week would be a good thing, not a problem.  It'd make the place more fun to go to.
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 01:29:24 AM »

We have a Big Lots in Longmont, but the only things they ever seem to carry are Spanish-language dubs of bad dramas & made-for-TV ho-hum flicks.  Never a cool horror or science fiction flick -- no, as I type this I remember that I did get Slick Chris Lee/Scars of Dracula there in English for $1.99.  Never mind . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »

Today  the wife and I stopped at the Dollar Tree and I found a bunch of $1 DVD's . I picked up to two volumes of Dave & Max Fleischer  Superman  cartoons (each has 8 cartoons). I also got House on Haunted Hill (1959) with Vincent Price  and Slipstream (1989) with Mark Hamill and Bill Paxton.  

Their was recently a post about Slipstream, I have seen it before but it was well over 10 years ago, so I figure for a buck what the hell.  I didn't see a lot else that interested me, the majority were old cartoons or 1950's  tv series.  

I have quite a bit of spare time viewing coming up.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 08:29:56 PM »

The grandious music in SLIPSTREAM along with the film is a must. The music was way out of proportion, but I liked it.

Yaddo 42
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 01:44:07 AM »

The Big Lots in my town doesn't get good videos, or it's something I already have, I do better with CDs there. The best movies they ever had was a 4 pack of Jackie Chan flicks like "Fantasy Mission Force" and "Snake in Eagle's Claw" or whatever the title is.

There's a Big Lots across the river that I need to check, a girl at work brought 5 DVD double features that she bought there for a buck each. She sold two to me and the rest to another fanboy there. I got Killers From Space/Phantom From Space and They Came From Beyond  Space/Warning from Space. The other guy got mostly horror movies like "Nightmare Castle".
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New video acquisitons « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.