Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:36:38 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Arachnia" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Arachnia"  (Read 5411 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 25, 2005, 11:50:16 AM »

Started watching Arachnia last night.  Didn't make it all the way through; kept falling asleep buyt in fairness that was my fault, not the movies.

This is a *really* low budget monster movie.  The special effects were probably on par with the 1950s "Black Scorpion" (which puts it a notch below "Them")

The acting was terrible.  One character in particular I was thinking "I really hope he goes first" after about 2 minutes, because he was that annoying (and I correctly guessed I had seem him Psyclops, which was also done by the same guy, Brett Piper, as this one)

Anyway, I haven't seen enough of it cohernetly to really have a judgement; bad acting a bad special effects could still be entertaining.  So I'll researve total judgement until I can back up a bit and see more of it in context.

You could tell they through some gratuitous  T&A to try to raise the interest level, but I wish they'd spent the money in other areas of the production.

Seems, though, that some people are still makeing very-low budget, formulaic horror movies for fun, and I'll give credit for that.

But...if you see this one to pickup, *don't* be misled into thinking it's anything great; it's very cheap with a forumal script, bad attacking, annoying characters and  very  bad stop motion monsters.  If this is your thing..go for it.  If not, be warned

Post Edited (02-25-05 10:57)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 12:36:34 PM »

Oh my God, this movie was so bad, I mean I'm glad the beasties were stop-motion and not CG but seriously...

The effects during the opening scene with the 'plane' were so badly done...
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 12:38:37 PM »

I mean I'm glad the beasties were stop-motion and not CG but seriously...

I actually thought to myself "well, here's one example that shows that  stop-motion is not inherently superior to CG"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 01:11:14 PM »

The spiders may have looked fake, but at least they took EFFORT, TIME, SKILL and HARD WORK. CG requires about 1/3 the work and time physical effects demand.

At least the stop-motion puppets in "arachnia" are real effects, even if they do look fake, at least someone put in the time of day, at least the effects look SOLID.

See my point?
Foywonder
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 03:40:28 PM »

I actually though this movie was pretty entertaining despite the obvious low budget nature of it. I'll take it over EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS.
I luv dolma
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 10:17:39 PM »

I love Arachnia. Films like these are great for young filmmakers. I can remake Arachnia for a couple thousand dollars. I can get about 10 actors (friends of mine). We need two bimbos, a professor, young pilot, tough chick, and a skateboard punk. The cast also demands a couple of farmers and army personel.

A large majority of the movie is set around a cabin in the woods, which I have access to. Two cabins in fact. And I can do all the stop motion animations in my garage in my spare time. It will take me a couple of months, even a year. But I can get it done.

I can make Arachnia!

Other than that, the movie had fun stereotypical characters, boobs, fun spiders, a nice soundtrack, and hilarious dialogue.

10/10
Pepak
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 12:05:51 PM »

As far as I am concerned, Arachnia is even worse than Giant Spider Invasion, which itself is almost as bad as a movie can get - but at least that one is hilariously bad while Arachnia is just plain bad with no redeeming quality whatsoever.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Arachnia" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.