Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:32:52 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Seige (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien Seige (2005)  (Read 1301 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: February 26, 2005, 11:21:09 PM »

This week's Scifi original  was a not too terrible way to spend a couple of hours.

The beginning shows the arrival of Kulku, a humanoid alien race that looks exactly like us except  for the creepy white eyebrows (talk about a cheap makeup effect). Anyway someone who I guess is the president is shown  intermingled with flashes of news  scenes explains that the Kulku need 8 million humans in order to save their race and since they can wipe us from existence  we should volunteer them.  The US quota is 850,000, which are being selected by lottery..

Brad Johnson is a scientist  who was working on some alien material from a  UFO crash in 1947 (the Roswell incident sure get misused a lot)  whose daughter  has just been selected  to be turned ofver to the Kulku.  Of course mayhem insues when he agrees to help the resistance if they will get his daughter back . Seems the alien material that he thought inert  'activated' when the aliens arrived  and they now have a powerful weapon  to use against the Kulku.

I don't know how much they paid Carl Weathers for this , but I hope he made his house payment.  He plays the general in charge of rounding up the lottery winners.
Of course he ends up on the other side when the Kulku start harvesting instead of waiting for the quotas to be filled.

The effects were really pretty good for a UFO picture.  The ships and the ray guns all looked pretty impressive.  All the gruesome gunshots to the head looked okay too.

Next week Skeleton Man which looks like another creature feature.  Here's the scoop from IMDB

A co-ed group of Special Forces agents search the wilderness for a predator type creature that has been on a killing spree.

Trivia;  Originally titled  Cotton Mouth  Joe

This one features Casper Van  Diem .

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 12:06:55 AM »

Kind of an interesting movie.  Some of the characters were noticeably above average (the scientist and especially his daughter, she's quite a good actress).  some were not (the leader of the resistance, and Carl Weathers).  Some of the special effects like the spaceships were really nice, other stuff like blowing up the car - and the neon light gun they used to do it - were really cheap looking.  At times it was a very good B movie, at others it was plain funny, like when the scientist is holding a guy at gunpoint and forcing him to lead him to his daughter, then turns his back on the guy when he finds her.  And when they originally rescued his daughter - what was the plan there?  Just sort of, we're out in the woods, don't know quite what the heck is going on?  Sort of reminded me of Earth:  Final Conflict.  

Small problem:  if they had a weapon that could destroy the aliens (as is revealed at the end of the movie), why didn't they just use it in the first place?

Oh well.  I was kind of surprised at how good it was.  And certainly amused at the uneven quality of it.  It would go from a good movie to a laughable B movie and back again.

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:07:20 PM »

Of course he ends up on the other side when the Kulku start harvesting instead of waiting for the quotas to be filled.

I watched "Species" last week and in an early scene were the young Sil escapes I kept wondering to myself "I wonder how we would react if the tables were turned and it was a human being kept captive by aliens unti lthey decided to kill it for security reasons, and the human escaped.

I wonder that sometimes in terms of Alien movies and  how we react to tthe way we treat them and how we treat other life forms on this planet.  The low-budget  sc-fi film Endangered Species did have some interesting lines along this thought (The bad guy alien is hunting humans simply because he is a poacher and human skin clothers are fashionable.  The good guy alien doesn't really want the human cops help because he views humans as not quite intellligent enough to be useful; they're just animals)

I suppose I should go see "The Colony"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Seige (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.