Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:12:38 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Deadly Spawn. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Deadly Spawn.  (Read 7188 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 08, 2005, 03:22:19 PM »

*spoilers*
Last week I finally got the Deadly Spawn DVD. I watched it last
 Sunday night with the lights off and I was not dissapointed though I was a little worried Some stuff I really liked about this.: *spoilers*

The pre-credits opening. I like this because it reminds me of the blob with a more malicstic monster, I like the screaming of the second camper as he dies, and the shadow of the Spawn in the tent light (creepy with the monster's breathing and the lights out)

The build up before and the wife's demise. I love how she enters the basement area where the Spawn is (without realizing it) and we hear her heartbeating faster and louder until a arm clamps on her shoulder. We think "oh it's just him, huh?" and it turns out that the Spawn was eatting Sam's arm followed by the violent death of his wife. Ouch!

Normal people conversations: Not as intersting as Taratino but I liked the scenes without the monster because they felt genunine, they were nicely written and I wasn't going "come on come on end!"

The adult Spawn and little Spawn. I'm defintiely adding the Spawn on my list of "Monsters I hope I never meet". It's death look deadly and it just has that "plain evil" look, not to mention I liked it's drool effect and the effect of the baby tadpole spawn swimming in the water. Damn good effects

And the conclusion in the attic was really great also. Damn what a fine horror movie. I've allready watched it three times (two other times with the seperate commentaries) The only thing I don't like about the DVD was that awful smell that comes out of the case when you open it.

I reccomend this one.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 03:36:25 PM »

Ahhh, gotta love this flick. Great special effects. The gore. The creatures. The awful music...
Anyone seen the sequel, Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (1993)?
Eirik
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 11:31:43 AM »

I submitted a review to this site for Alien Factor a looooong time before Andrew went to Iraq.  No word yet.  Maybe I'll put it on the messageboard if I can find it.

My two favorite parts of Spawn were the scene where the baby spawns attacked the old lady tea party and the scene where the blonde enters the house obliviously, almost gets bitten in half and when the guys finally get the door shut she utters one of the most realistic reactions to a monster I've ever seen.  Not even so much what she said as how she said it.  I saw this in the theater when I was eleven or so and it scared the hell out of me.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 01:11:42 PM »

Finally... The Deadly Spawn gets the respect it deserves.

I truly love this film and I remember how much it scarred my mind as a kid.
I must have dreamt about that hideous creature for days after viewing it.

The effects are great and they still pretty much hold up today.

It's sad how the new "know-it-all" generation has no appreciation for these
films due to the advent of CGI laced, Hollywood monstrosities.

Ted Bohus, the producer, is a very kind man. I've e-mailed him a couple of times and his responses were very friendly and personal  as opposed to your typical Hollywood "A-hole" blanket response used by *cough* Tom Savini. *cough*

I plan on buying the DVD myself even though I already rented it on Netflix.
Definitely a film worth adding to your monster DVD collection.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 03:04:05 PM »

films due to the advent of CGI laced, Hollywood monstrosities.>

I appreciate it a lot, but I know what you mean. I do have several friends who appreciate this older stuff and I'm glad I could help get them on the right path (they still like CGI stuff but depending on how it's used I can like CGI also, but special effects forever!)

Eirik
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 04:05:52 PM »

"Ted Bohus, the producer, is a very kind man. I've e-mailed him a couple of times and his responses were very friendly and personal as opposed to your typical Hollywood "A-hole" blanket response used by *cough* Tom Savini. *cough*"

In all fairness, do you think Savini's impersonal response may be due to the fact that he probably gets about ten thousand times more fan mail than Bohus?
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 07:34:45 PM »

I haven't talked to Ted Bohus before, I'd love to though, Sugar_Nads, if you care to share the e-mail.
Ted A. Bohus
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 04:00:48 PM »

lol...to hell with sharing! I'm here! And no, Tom doesn't get THAT much more mail than I do. Have you checked out the website yet? www.deadlyspawn.net
  Thank you guys for supporting our little film!---Ted
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 08:06:42 PM »

Hey Ted (If you really ARE Mr. Bohus...)!
Deadly spawn was great, and Metamorphosis ROCKED!!!
You rock!!!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 02:54:32 AM »

I heartily concur with Mr. Monkey.  I made a special trip to town on New Release Day when "Deadly Spawn" hit DVD.  I have an old ex-rental VHS copy of "Metamorphosis," but we'd love a DVD of that bad boy too!
Thanks for making great movies and keeping us fans rolling in the red stuff.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
daveblackeye15

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 03:50:18 AM »

(deep cool voice like it's a talk show) No, thank YOU Ted for making such a great film and being such a cool guy,! Oh yeah!

Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 06:24:55 AM »

Metamorphosis is out on DVD already. Its released by Lion's Gate, but it doesn't have any special features except a trailer.
Booo!!!!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 01:23:56 PM »

Well then, that hardly counts, does it?  Bring on the special features!

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 02:28:09 PM »

Metamorphosis is a very rare film (before the DVD was available the VHS went for $93 on Amazon.com!) and thus made little money for the distributors, and Lion's Gate tends to skimp out on extra features (See most of their direct-to-video releases for proof) unless there is a large demand for the film, which there clearly isn't.
I e-mailed the writter/director of metamorphosis, Glenn Takakjian, though.
He's a really nice person.
Ted A. Bohus
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 04:31:28 PM »

Hey, you guys are GREAT! Thanks for the kind comments. Yes, this is really me. Like I said, check out my website  www.deadlyspawn.net
   Yeah, Lions Gate never even asked me to do a commentary or supply and supplimental material. The DVD looks and sounds great though.
   I'm starting on a new film in June or July called HELL ON EARTH. lol...It will have what you want...monsters, hot chicks and plenty of red stuff.
   I made a few other films that haven't been released yet (except in limited dist). This Thing of Ours is a mob film starring Vincent Pastore, Frank Vincent, James Caan, Pat Cooper, Chuck Zito, etc. And the other is called Destination Fame starring Joe Jackson, Cuba Gooding, Jordan Knight, AJ Gil, Mario, etc. Hopefully they will be released in the upcoming year.
  I couldn't wait to get back to horror though. I made a couple of quickies, The Regenerated Man and Vampire Vixens From Venus (USA Up All Night)
   Deadly Spawn also has tee shirts and a really cool hand puppet coming out this Halloween. Also a brand new CD Soundtrack. You can read all about it on my website. Thanks again, guys!---Ted
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Deadly Spawn. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.