Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:41:44 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Deadly Spawn. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Deadly Spawn.  (Read 7163 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 04:54:36 PM »

I checked out the website, and I must say it's very well done.  I love that graphic of the spawn creature hatching out of Earth.  It's great that you've got a shirt on Rotten Cotton - they're a great company.  That spawn handpuppet looks pretty damn cool as well.  Hopefully it will retail within the pricerange of a recent college graduate looking for a good job.  Hey, Ted, you need any writers or actors? ;)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 05:07:44 PM »

Do you happen to own any props from Metamorphosis?
Such as creature maquettes or anything like that?
Ted A. Bohus
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 06:12:49 PM »

Howdy! I think most of the props from Metamorphosis have disintegrated by now. Some were used for other creatures because the armatures were very expensive.
   Thanks for the kind words about the website. I'm trying to make it a fun place and keep it updated often. I'd love to do what Peter Jackson is doing with www.kongisking.net
   Yeah, the Spawn Puppet looks real cool. And it's BIG! I hope to get my advance copy soon. I'll take a photo and put it on the website.
   lol...sure, I could always use local actors and effects techs. Soon there will be an address on www.horrorbizfilms.com  so you can send stuff there. I'll check back here as often as I can to answer any questions.---Ted
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 07:32:10 PM »

It's always nice when filmmakers come onto boards to chat with fans.
We appreciate your coming here.
Ted A. Bohus
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 08:38:11 PM »

This is only the second one I've been on. It's fun!---Ted
Eirik
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 10:48:06 PM »

I have to hand it to you - I've seen some pretty stupid security guards in the movies, but the young guy from Metamorphosis wins the all time award.  

"Hmm.  A suspiscious jacket hanging on a railing...  I'd better investigate and leave my key in the door..."

If there's a Level 4 biolab with security that bad, I hope Al qaida doesn't find out about it.
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2005, 06:30:31 AM »

Lol...I know, Metamorphosis had it's fair share of stupid moments, but that just added to the fun. I thought the special effects were excellent, there were some rather unpredictable moments, awesome monsters, and one hell of a twisted ending!
Mr. Bohus-- You should work with Glenn Takakjian again.
He's yet to direct anything else since metamorphosis.
Eirik
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 05:31:05 PM »

BTW: I wasn't criticizing the movie for that dumb guard - I loved this flick and couldn't stop laughing.  In that respect, I found it quite different from the original, which -- although not totally serious -- was a seriously scary movie.  Of course I saw Spawn when I was 11 and I saw Metamorphosis when I was 32, so that may have colored my perspective.
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 09:06:35 PM »

I liked metamorphosis better. Yeah the acting was terrible and it was cheesy but that added to the fun.
The effects were AWESOME.
This was before the horrors of CGI took control...
Ted A. Bohus
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2005, 11:55:58 PM »

Yeah, Metamorphosis was a hoot. lol...work with Glenn again? Well, we had a hard time. Everything is patched up now, but it was pretty rough going then. When my book comes out, you can read all about it.
  The creatures, which I designed 90% of were cool. No CGI, all anamatronics, optical effects and stop motion. ILM has invited me to their studio to screen the film and give a talk. Maybe after the current film I may take a vacation out there.
   And, yes, Metamorphosis has its cheezy moments, but that's the best I could do for the budget. lol...there are films with 1000 times my budget that can be pretty cheezy as well. I'd love to have 10 million (still ultra low budget by Hollywood standards) so I could really blow your eyes out! Soon.....
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 03:25:35 AM »

Last week I helped a friend make a 3-minute horror movie as a lighting exercise for his TV production class.  We killed me using a monster toy from the Duke Nukem 3D video game.  It strangles me in was is possibly the worst forced-perspective shot since "Teenagers from Outer Space," and it was articulated enough that I was able to make a little stop-motion with it.  We're going to try to get it posted online somewhere, and when we do, I'll get a link up to it here.  That way, Ted, whenever you're feeling down about FX hiccups in your movies from budgetary restrictions, you can watch it and feel a whole lot better.
Man, all this talk about "Metamorphosis"...I'm gonna have to watch it again tomorrow after work now.  Not that that's a bad thing ;)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 11:24:40 AM »

What's the book gonna be called, Ted?
Ted A. Bohus
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 02:29:05 PM »

The book is called. Making Low Budget Science-Fiction Films: A Real Horror Story. You can see the cover on my website  www.deadlyspawn.net      Go to the TEXT page and then access the IN PRODUCTION page. It tells about the book, the new film, HELL ON EARTH and various Deadly Spawn tee shirts, toys, cd's, etc. Do any of you fine people go to the horror con's? Chiller Theatre? Monster Bash, etc?
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 05:06:54 PM »

I live in Massachusetts, unfortunately horror convention are rare around here.
Question for you Ted...
A while back I got an E-mail from an effects artist named Brian Quinn, who said he worked on Metamorphosis. He claimed he was trying to get some toys made for the creatures from metamorphosis--any truth in this?
I loved the monsters in Metamorphosis. Having one on my shelf would be a slice of heaven!
Ted A. Bohus
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2005, 10:07:17 PM »

Hi. Yes, Brian worked on the film. They did make a model kit of the main Metamorphosis creature. I have one, but forgot which company made it. Maybe I'll post pictures of the creature and the Spawn kit from Alternative Images on the www.deadlyspawn.net  website. Maybe if they release Metamorphosis on cable or TV there will be more interest in the toy potential.  The Deadly Spawn hand puppet from Bump In The Night looks cool though.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Deadly Spawn. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.