Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:16:40 PM
714371 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The 8th Voyage of Sinbad....with Keanu Reeves?! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 8th Voyage of Sinbad....with Keanu Reeves?!  (Read 1936 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: March 09, 2005, 03:14:30 PM »

Does this just sound wrong or what?  Opinions anyone?

Sinbad

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 05:07:59 PM »

*Belch*
No! I can smell the bad CG from here!
There gonna turn it into a 'cool' movie to appeal to brain-dead teens!
*Belch*
nobody
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 08:51:31 PM »

I love the old Sinbad films. No matter how great some special effects look today, I'll never stop enjoying the "outdated" work of Ray Harryhausen.

...This new Sinbad film is sure to blow, however. There's no way Reeves can pull off Sinbad. And Ain't-it-Cool-News is reporting that the script writer for this venture will be the same idiot who wrote "I Spy" and "Charlies Angels 2: Full Throttle." It won't even be a good "wait till it hits video" flick.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 09:30:15 PM »

Neat idea, but like Cheecky-Monkey and nobody said it sounds like it won't be that good. PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN was good though, so maybe it has a shot. Not sure Keanu Reeves can pull of a Johnny Depp performance which was the only reason to watch PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN.

daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 12:14:05 AM »

Cheeky-Monkey

Now I'm assumeing you mean "to teenagers that are brain-dead" you're not impliing that ALL teenagers are brain-dead. Right?(17 years old here)

Anyway, I doubt I'd enjoy this because those Harreyhausen movies look like there's a damn huge amount of fun in them. Who knows with the screen writer, I mean "I Spy" and "Charles Angles" are spy movies and this movie is a fantasy and just maybe this writer is more of a "fantasy" guy. I mean I could maybe write up a good adventure story but a decent drama? No way! (Oh god my optemisum is so pathetic! This movie is going to suck!) But there's no hope for Reeves.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 06:06:27 AM »

Actually, I, too, am a teenager. 15 years old, to be exact.
I'm not implying all teens are brain dead, but most are today. Seriously, look at about 99% of movies made by hollywood today--They feature loud music, unrealistic action, tons of explosions, unintelligible plots, etc. What audience do you think this kind of stuff appeals to most?
Teens don't like anything with a plot. When I show my friends Cube (1997), one of my all-time favorite films, the typical response afterwords is usually something like "Dude, that was so boring" or my favorite, "The ending is so stupid! we don't even see who built the cube!".
Have I made my point?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 01:54:22 PM »

I'd meant to ask your age, Cheeky. You've often posted with the kind of confident authority that only a teenager could have  :D

Post Edited (03-10-05 12:55)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 03:10:27 PM »

Have I? Shame...I try to break that mold, the whole liched teen confidence thing...Guess I'm not doing very good!
Phantom187
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 08:08:28 PM »

Wonder Womans Tease is great and also the Trailer for Episode 3. I think Keanu would be a good choice for the roll. He has been pulling his weight with all these great films. Who else would you pick? I don't know guys but thanks for the great website for upcoming movies.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The 8th Voyage of Sinbad....with Keanu Reeves?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.