Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:33:34 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: An extremely geeky hypothetical « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: OT: An extremely geeky hypothetical  (Read 10172 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 08:40:09 PM »

Rich, you have to fight for your standing; ulthar is barking at your heels. You can do it man, say something geeky.

BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 08:59:49 PM »

Here goes to hold me rank on the list, hope it works: I believe Godzilla and gang exist. Godzilla is a documentary flimed in real time, to show us the dangers of useing nuclear weapons and also the dangers of not properly disposing of nuclear waste. Monster Island is a real island just off the couple miles south of Japan. How do I know? Ive been their. I can also summon Gamera.

I just blew everyones theories out the window and established myself as a geek and a crazy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 09:33:26 PM »

First off Godzilla is a radiation mutated freak . If he were real he would probably stay in the water to keep from being crushed under his own weight (so, yes if such life developed somewhere out there, it would be on a low gravity world).

The photosynthesis theory is a bit silly. Now the big leafy spines on his back  would probably act like a heat sink (he is running around belching fire all time) to keep his reactor to from overheating.

I don't know much about biology, but when someone brings up something I don't know much about  I usually  hurry and try to learn something about it. Life is no fun if you don't  learn something everyday, but I digress.

I did a little research and found a college lecture exam from Auburn on Comparative Anatomy  that has a big essay question about Godzilla's anatomy. If you want to get  it straight about some of the theories put forth here you might want to check out Topic 4 :Form and Function.  

For those of you not so inclined to be reading college text online, check out  The Biology of Godzilla, complete with pictures.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 09:45:13 PM »

rich andrini wrote:

>  Monster Island is a real island just off the couple miles south
> of Japan. How do I know? Ive been their. I can also summon Gamera.

I didn't know you were an 8 year old fat kid, Rich. (:

BTW, trek_geezer just solidified his place on the list.

I think Dave started this post so he could make all of us think he's a nerd, but he's just pretending. (:

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 09:55:02 PM »

Menard wrote:

> I didn't know you were an 8 year old fat kid, Rich. (:

True, but that would keep me on the list , being able to talk to big ass monsters would make me a a badass and a geek. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Post Edited (03-10-05 21:02)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 10:02:51 PM »

"I'm not a nerd! Nerds are smart." Milhouse Van Houten

I've got a geeky imagination, but I'm weak the math and research it takes to really bring it. I've got to check out all those links now.
Menard
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 10:14:20 PM »

Dave Munger wrote:

> "I'm not a nerd! Nerds are smart." Milhouse Van Houten
>
> I've got a geeky imagination, but I'm weak the math and
> research it takes to really bring it. I've got to check out all
> those links now.

You can always aspire to be one, Dave. Let no obstacles stand in your way. Get out those black framed glasses, break out that pocket protector waiting for a place in your white, short sleeved dress shirt, and crack open that math book. And, just for inspiration, the next time you watch a bad movie, pop up a bag of Orville Reddenbacher popcorn. (:

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 10:17:23 PM »

Hey watch the pocket protector jokes, I actually go issued one of those things in my first computer  job way back in '79.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005, 12:59:09 AM »

trek_geezer wrote:

> Hey watch the pocket protector jokes, I actually got issued one
> of those things in my first computer  job way back in '79.

And they wonder why trek_geezer is number one on Buffy's list. (:

odinn7

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2005, 09:13:18 AM »

GEEKS! GEEKS! All of you are GEEKS!...You guys come to this board and talk about all these ridiculous...wait a minute, so do I....AHHHHHHHH!!!! GEEK! I'm a GEEK!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2005, 02:13:10 PM »

Menard wrote:

> Rich, you have to fight for your standing; ulthar is barking at
> your heels. You can do it man, say something geeky.
>

To make the list would at least be recognition.  The problem with being a science geek: they keep us lab rats locked up all the time.  To solidify my position, I will be happy to attempt a hydrodynamic modeling of Godzilla to determine, once an for all, the stresses in his skeleton; of course, I will have to make certain assumptions, such as his bones and muscles are similar to ours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2005, 02:21:14 PM »

Menard wrote:

>
> You can always aspire to be one, Dave. Let no obstacles stand
> in your way. Get out those black framed glasses, break out that
> pocket protector waiting for a place in your white, short
> sleeved dress shirt, and crack open that math book. And, just
> for inspiration, the next time you watch a bad movie, pop up a
> bag of Orville Reddenbacher popcorn. (:
>

Now, now, let's not stereotype.  While I do part-take in Orville Reddenbacher MICROWAVE popcorn, I have never used, or owned, a pocket protector.  I do, however, own a slide rule, and occasionally use it.  I have about 12 different calculators (not counted the actual computers), and my wife thinks it's nuts that every time we are any kind of store, I want to buy a ruler.

As for math books, I have many.  And, alas, I've been known to read them 'for fun and enjoyment.'

But I don't use a pocket protector.  Maybe that's why I am losing my pen/pencil all the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Menard
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 02:21:48 PM »

ulthar,

You are truly sounding Buffy approved.

trek_geezer further solidified his number one position with the admission that he was issued a pocket protector years ago. A true badge of distinction. (:

DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2005, 10:41:19 PM »

Further notions:

- Should I start another thread for head nerd campaigning? (I should get at least honorable mention for social ineptitude). This one is about what planet Toho is like!

- Which random object usually found in the kitchen should Gamera fight next? In movies I've seen, he's fought a fish, a knife, and a stalk of asparagus. (Just bringing him up so that this dosen't turn into a completely Godzilla thread).

- Here's a thing about bombadier beetles: http://members.aol.com/Attic21/CreatureofDay/bomb.html

When it gets excited its sphincter relaxes and opens, heh heh heh. Things like this and the electric eel are the precidents for weird kaiju weapon systems, like Guiron's ninja stars and Gaos' sonic ray. Ordinarily, defenses like this seem peculiar to pretty small stuff that's otherwise going to get eaten or stepped on. I remember that the last time I saw Captain Kirk get attacked by a mugatu, that it was odd for something like this to have a venomous bite, like a scorpion or snake. I figure that planet must have something like dinosaurs in order for the mugatu to occupy a rattlesnake like nitche.
Flangepart

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 07:09:43 PM »

Godzilla is a liveing nuclear reactor, who taps some of the radation to power the containment bottle.
How hard is that to understand?
And who says the tissue density of King Kong or any other Kaiju is normal? Might be stronger then Kevlar, lighter then same. Think of a Macy's day baloon with an attitude.
Yes , i is a geek....what of it?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: An extremely geeky hypothetical « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.