Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:14:46 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I did it now « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I did it now  (Read 1094 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: March 10, 2005, 10:13:03 PM »

In a fit of giddiness  I actually went out to Bruce-Campbell.com and sent  The Bruce an email .

I 've had it stuck in my mind for the longest time that he would be perfect for a film adaptation of  The Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison.  So, I figured I'd ask him if he's read it and if not I told him I would send him a copy.

I know he probably gets s**thead ideas sent to him all the time , but what the hell this is not a bad idea.  I even found an article about who has the rights to it and included it.

Stainless Steel rights

He may blow it off, but I just think he would be perfect for it.  So, am II being stupid or what ?

Anyone who would like to join me in this little fit of insanity, please feel free to do so.  Maybe he'd take it seriously if it came from more than one person.

(Actually this is all Vermin Boy's fault.  Lucky bastard!)

Post Edited (03-10-05 21:15)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
nobody
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 11:09:44 PM »

I never read "The Stainless Steel Rat", and this question is sort of off topic, but...

Bruce isn't a big star celebrity, but he's big enough that most people (like myself) know exactly who he is without having to research his name on IMDB. So I wonder how much $$$ it would take to have Bruce star in a movie. Do you think he'd break most B-Movie banks? And do you think he asks for a bunch of crazy (expensive) crap in his contracts?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 07:08:21 AM »

I love the Stainless Steel Rat. Read a bunch of them when I was a kid. Good, solid futuristic adventures, with a bit of larceny and a sense of humour. Bruce would be perfect.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »

Out on his contact page he has a special email address for project offers, that says projects have to be fully funded. This says to me that he doesn't want people trying to get him to invest in an unsure project.

I'm sure he probably gets his share of nut cases dropping him a line with some dopey ideas. I don't look for anything to come of it, but it is worth a try.

I can't see him asking for a lot of crap, most of the stuff he's been in lately have been made very inexpensively.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 01:01:46 PM »

At the very least your e-mail may end up in his next book. I can just see it now..."and then I get this e-mail from a guy who say's I'd be perfect for the role of a Rat...a big chinned rat naturally."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 06:26:59 PM »

Only a metaphorical rat.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 08:23:34 PM »

Trek, you madman, you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I did it now « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.