Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:09 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Unnamable « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Unnamable  (Read 2017 times)
Will
« on: December 01, 2001, 08:37:24 PM »

More like The Unwatchable.....ha ha ha Oh, I kill me.  This is the worst H.P. Lovecraft adaptation I've ever seen (though most of them suck unless Gordon/Yuzna have something to do with them).  Dork leads.  A little gore, which is nice, but it just doesn't help much.  God, I just wanted this to end.  And there's a sequel?  I think I'll not see that one.....
Lee
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2001, 12:36:23 AM »

I remeber seeing part 2 a few years ago. I don't remeber much, but I don't think I liked it.
slaX
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2001, 11:39:39 AM »

is this the movie with the caption that goes something like
"somethings in this world are Unnamable..." err something like that
if it is, I remember watching the start with some ghoul or something moaning and howling for like ten minutes straight
only ten minutes I watched of it!
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2001, 01:13:19 PM »

Isen't Calling it, "The Unnameable", in fact, giveing it a name? "Unnameable. Unnaneable, pary of three, now seating." Makes sense to me.........
AndyC
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2001, 01:05:59 AM »

It is pretty tragic that somebody would take a really creepy and intelligent Lovecraft story (and bits of other stories if I remember correctly), and turn it into a movie about a bunch of teenagers spending the night in a haunted house.

For someone who had so much influence on both horror and science fiction, Lovecraft's work has probably suffered more at the hands of filmmakers than anyone's. The Dunwich Horror, was another really bad attempt at filming a Lovecraft story. Some of the looser adaptations, like The Curse (based on The Colour Out of Space) were not so bad. I was actually pretty amused at the obvious Lovecraftian elements in GI Joe: The Movie. The Lovecraft-inspired anthology film, Necronomicon, wasn't bad either. I particularly enjoyed Jeffrey Combes as Lovecraft. When he is first introduced, he does the most amazing imitation of the classic Lovecraft portrait, just for a second.

Has anybody seen Cthulhu Mansion? I've read that it's about the worst cinematic abuse of Lovecraft. From what I understand, the only thing "inspired" by Lovecraft in that one is the title and the name, Cthulhu, on the front gate of the mansion, otherwise it's just a crappy horror flick in which a bunch of teenagers get killed off. A shameless ripoff, but I'm curious to see it if I can track down a copy. It sounds so bad, it has to be good for a laugh.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Unnamable « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.