Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:59:05 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Punk Rock Holocaust « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Punk Rock Holocaust  (Read 890 times)
Backseat Conceptions
« on: March 17, 2005, 12:28:48 PM »

Punk Rock Holocaust - Philly premiere of Warped Tour slasher flick March 22nd!
PUNKS NOT DEAD...BUT IT'S ABOUT TO BE!

Check out the Philadelphia premiere of Punk Rock Holocaust on Tuesday, March 22nd at 8pm at the Trocadero (1003 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107)! Director Doug Sakmann and other surprise guests will be on hand to introduce the film and answer questions after the screening, followed by a killer afterparty at an undisclosed location!

Punk Rock Holocaust is a rock and roll slasher/zombie horror comedy based on the Vans Warped Tour and features 23 of the biggest bands on the tour performing and dying! You can find out much more about the film and it’s upcoming sequel at www.punkrockholocaust.com! Punk Rock Holocaust features the highest on-screen body count in slasher film history with entire crowds being massacred in addition to the deaths of over 110 band members!

The film follows Vans Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman as he tries to maintain the nation’s biggest touring rock festival amid a string of gristly murders, all the while keeping the evil record executive Belial (Played by Troma’s Lloyd Kaufman) at bay. Meanwhile, tour reporter Heather Vantress is trying to figure out who is behind the heinous crimes as the Warped Tour crew and bands (all played by themselves) are struggling to survive and stay on the road.

Victims include:  (In alphabetical order) Atmosphere, Andrew WK, Beret, Big D and the Kids Table, Bowling For Soup, Destruction Made Simple, Dropkick Murphies, Face To Face, Glassjaw, Horrorpops, The Kids Of Widney High, Less Than Jake, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies, MEST, Never Heard Of It, Pennywise, The Phenomenauts, Rancid, Simple Plan, Suicide Machines, Treephort, Tsunami Bomb, The Used, Vendetta Red and much more!

You can also enter a contest at www.punkrockholocaust.com to win tons of cool stuff from the movie, including the grand prize, the actual Executioner’s Sword used in the film! Deadline to enter is April 1st 2004!

Here's what the critics are saying about Punk Rock Holocaust:
“Punk Rock Holocaust truly turns the amps up to eleven in a way that Spinal Tap would never have dared.”
-Filmthreat.com
“Doug Sakmann’s lunatic love letter to bloodletting and mosh pitting is (a) big, brash power chord layered across the entire DIY mentality of the music and moviemaking he’s championing. And the results are amazingly insane.”
-DVDTalk.com
“Punk Rock Holocaust puts the "awesome" back in "constant bloodshed".”
-Tasteslikechicken.com
“Doug Sakmann’s mixture of tour commentary and George A Romero-style gore is the most original twist on the rock video genre in a long, long time.”
- Raindance Film Festival

”Doug Sakmann blurs the line between Punk shockumetary and gut exploding documentary. If you love punk rock, you'll love seeing these bands play. If you don't, you'll love seeing these bands get gutted - literally! A true original from Mr. Sakmann. Loved every minute of it. This movie will shock your ass right off! It did for me, now I save a bundle when I go to my tailor!”
- Ted Raimi, actor, scholar and gentleman (Evil Dead, Xena, Spiderman, The Grudge)

For more information, you can find an online press kit and much more at:
www.punkrockholocaust.com
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 01:27:43 PM »

Punk Rock is not dead?  I'd say when you start mixing crap bands like Bowling For Soup and MEST with some greats like Big D, Dropkick Murphies, Face To Face then it is definently dead.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 01:59:41 PM »

"You can also enter a contest at www.punkrockholocaust.com to win tons of cool stuff from the movie, including the grand prize, the actual Executioner’s Sword used in the film! Deadline to enter is April 1st 2004! "

Oh sh*t...I missed the deadline! Why are you posting this now? Why didn't you tell me when I actually had a chance to make that deadline!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!
God! I hate being ME!

Post Edited (03-17-05 13:00)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Punk Rock Holocaust « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.