Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:32:00 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Robert Blake Needs a Job « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Robert Blake Needs a Job  (Read 8862 times)
Menard
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2005, 05:48:54 PM »

Oh...that was wicked (heh..heh)

DARKWOLF
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2005, 06:33:16 PM »

Wow an oldy but not a goody joke Mr. Comedian do you got anymore lame ones.
Menard
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2005, 06:50:38 PM »

Just precisely how old are you DARKWOLF? I had better composition and temperment when I was in elementary school. If you have a self-persecution complex where you have to blame others for your lack of understanding, I suggest you take it somewhere else as odinn7 deserves a lot better treatment than being blamed for something which only exists in your mind.

Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2005, 08:16:11 PM »

Some people think Cpt. Kirk had something to do with it.....
DARKWOLF
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2005, 09:40:54 PM »

So Menard you think odinn7 had the god given right to yell at me for given my own opinons about the new  things I read, heard, and seen on tv about the O.J case huh interesting.
Menard
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2005, 10:33:22 PM »

I would state, yet again, that he did not yell at you, but, what is the point. as you seem to not be able to either comprehend a simple exchange in communication, or you are just simply self-obsessed and cannot accept any truth which does not fit within the constraints of your singularly narrow ego.

That was a rather long way of saying that nobody yelled at you.You just want to believe they did.

Eirik
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2005, 10:40:57 PM »

Um... just an observation, but I gathered from one of his posts that DARKWOLF lives in Germany.  That could possibly mean that English ain't his native language.  Granted, you may not have known that, but would you guys be doing so well in a second language?  

odinn7 - I wasn't angry, it just depresses me how the media has degraded peoples' faith in the justice system while making it almost impossible for that justice system to operate.  They have no shame in whipping up mob mentality, intruding into the courtroom, tampering with the nationwide jury pool before charges have even been pressed.  It's crazy.  Just recall if you will what went through your mind when the FBI announced Richard Jewel was the suspect in the Olympic bombing.  You assumed he was guilty, I bet.  I did too, but I've changed my outlook since that case.  

Does money buy justice?  It buys a better defense attorney, sometimes.  The Dupont family could buy OJ Simpson 100,000 times over, but that Dupont guy who murdered the wrestler in Pennsylvania back in 1995 is in jail and will be for a long time.  The only thing his money bought him was it bought off the media and got them to ignore the case.  OJ is free because the cops (due to incompetence or lack of evidence) couldn't make a case.  Not because he had the "dream team" of lawyers.  Geragos couldn't save Scott Peterson.

And I also don't believe that people are considered guilty until proven innocent by the legal system.  Only by people who spend too much time watching cable news.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2005, 12:39:56 PM »

I don't believe that DARKWOLF is from Germany as he's using Adelphia (Cleveland, OH it looks like) for internet, I think it is Wence you're thinking of. But, that's all irrellevant really...

I apologize DARKWOLF, but in all honesty, I was not yelling in that original post. I was simply stressing a point by typing in caps. You decided I was yelling and came back at me for that. This is why I did what I did. No excuses, I'm just explaining my reasoning for doing it even though it was wrong to do. And yes, to answer your previous question, I do have plenty more lame ones. I believe this is why my wife hates my sense of humor as she is not immune to me either.

Eirik, I made those statements about the legal system not because I have been blinded by the media. I have seen and experienced these things first hand but on a smaller scale. I don't even bring the media into this consideration. This is all that I'm going to say on this topic because I don't think that beating a dead horse will do us any good. I have my opinions and everyone has theirs. Believe it or not, I do respect others opinions in most cases even though I may not come across as though I do.

Menard, thank you for sticking up for me. This was the wrong battle but it is appreciated.

Post Edited (03-24-05 13:29)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Eirik
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2005, 05:28:01 PM »

Sorry - you're right.  It was Wence.

If you can separate the OJ case (or the Blake or Michael Jackson or Peterson cases) from the media coverage and believe that somehow that coverage didn't effect your perspective on it, then more power to you.  Dunno what you've seen on a smaller scale, but I'll readily admit that our justice system isn't perfect.  In fact, it's the worst justice system in the world... except for all the others.  : )
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2005, 02:54:29 PM »

Sometimes a civil action is the only way that justice can be obtained, when the verdict is not guilty.

As an example , in the state in which I live, though not in the city, a number of years ago, a female teacher was shagging one of her male students. Which came out, because the student commited suicide over his part in this affair and for other reasons. And because he was under the age of consent, the case was brought up as a criminal case of statuatory rape. Now the teacher and the student were not the only ones who knew what was going on. The student had some of his male friends watching what was going on, from outside, through the window. Even with their testimony to what they had seen, the jury still brought in a verdict of not guilty. Bascially, because at the time that the case was tried, jurors  found it hard  to believe that a female could rape a male (statuatory or otherwise.)

Now was justice served. Maybe yes or maybe not. But his parents , who had lost their son, didn't feel that way, so they took the teacher to civil court and sued her for damages. The civil case was then settled out of court for an undisclosed sum of money.

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2005, 01:25:58 AM »

Firstly, they ALL did it!! The only one who didn't do it was Scott Petersen. I know this because I was in a car with Scott, Ted Kennedy and some campaign workers in Martha's Vinyard when the whole thing went down.

Secondly, Robert Blake and OJ Simpson will be co-starring in a remake of Hitchcock's Strangers On A Train,  musical score by Phil Spector.

Thirdly, I take it back....Scott Petersen DID kill his wife, and guess what Dutchman...he did it in California....no, really, he did.

Lastly, Menard,  regardless of what you have heard, “irregardless” is a redundancy. The suffix “-less” on the end of the word already makes the word negative. It doesn’t need the negative prefix “ir-” added to make it even more negative. Not a word...nope it ain't. Oooohhh I've come over all peevish-like!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Menard
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005, 03:28:55 AM »

It would be nice if in your peevishness you were original: Irregardless.

The correction is appreciated, however, I am still too attached to my bad habits to change them. (:

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 08:45:28 AM »

Menard wrote:

> It would be nice if in your peevishness you were original:

How can peevishness be unoriginal? Even the correction was original, not mine, but surely someone's originally. I have it in my favorites list. Saves typing. I'm going to have it printed on cards and distributed at airports, railway terminals and public gatherings. The battle against "irregardless" will be a long, hard slog. Those who aren't with us are with "irregardless". Onward Pedantic Soldier!!!

> The correction is appreciated, however, I am still too attached
> to my bad habits to change them. (:

My son feels the same way about wetting himself and picking his nose. Still, we dare to hope!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Lycurgus1985
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 07:12:01 PM »

I find it funny that before he murdered his wife, Robert Blake played the Mystery Man in Lost Highway which did involve the main character, Fred (Bill Pullman), murdering his wife, Renee (Patricia Arquette).  Oh, the irnoy! :p

Ich bin Ein mit dem Wolf..
Menard
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005, 10:55:03 PM »

Thank you for them kind words. You are so sweet.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Robert Blake Needs a Job « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.