Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:20:49 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Science Project « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Science Project  (Read 2332 times)
Alan Smithee
« on: March 19, 2005, 11:58:36 PM »

I saw this masterpiece in the theatre with my brother. It might've been at one of those discount threatres.

Dennis Hopper was really scraping for work with this one.

Bad movie, but watchable. If anyone feels the urge to watch, I wouldn't reccomend renting it, but catching it on TNT or some other cable channel.

I saw this when I was a kid, even then I thought it was bad, but yet I was still intruiged by its premise. I liked when the alien gadget goes haywire and all breaks loose within the highschool replete with dinosaurs and aliens and barbarians.

Pure 80's schlock.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 02:35:23 AM »

Best part is the end where Hopper shows up in that same outfit he wore in  Easy Rider.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 03:36:19 PM »

This was something of a big screen comeback for Hopper. While he was making films overseas and doing some television and video work, he had stopped making American films for a couple of years. This changed all that.

This was also part of a loose trilogy of films that loosely dealt with the same subject and came out about the same time. The second one was "Wierd Science." And the third one, the one that is regarded as being the best of the three, wouldn't you know I forgot the title of that one.

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 06:34:07 PM »

When I think of this movie I always recall the scene where the heroes are racing in that car against the electrical bolts travelling through the high tension wires.
When they hit about 120 mph that guy yells,
"WHOA!!  NOW WE ARE TALKING HYPERSPACE!!"
Archivist
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »

Man, I used to love that movie when it came out on video.  Then again, I think I was about 11 or 12 at the time.  Another favourite of mine at the time was 'Real Genius' with a young Val Kilmer.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 11:49:39 AM »

That's the one I was thinking about. "Real Genius." Thanks, Archivist. Of the three, that is the most highly regarded.

Archivist
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 09:15:22 PM »

Real Genius is available cheap on DVD at my local Target store.  I recall seeing My Science Project there as well.  Might have to go pick them up and relive some fun times. :-)
renegadefury
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 04:27:32 PM »

I found a copy of this at Salvation Army for $2 and bought it cause it looked like total crap. I feel like watching it now, I've been meaning to for awhile, it's been like months since I bought it. That guy with the machine gun on the cover  looks hilarious.
loyal1
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 08:23:48 PM »

I think I remember this, and for some reason I remember the main character's friend wearing sunglasses at night and saying "I'm cool so the sun shines on me 24 hours a day"

Am I right??
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 11:15:27 AM »

Yes. It's been a long time since I've seen the film in theaters, but I do have a fanit memory of that line being used by one the characters in the film.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Science Project « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.