Main Menu

THE CRAWLING EYE (1958)

Started by The Burgomaster, March 20, 2005, 09:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

This is a great low-budget sci-fi movie to watch late on a Saturday night (I finished watching it around 1:00 a.m. this morning).

The DVD package has the title THE CRAWLING EYE, but the opening credits on the movie itself use the European title, THE TROLLENBERG TERROR.

Forrest Tucker (from the old "F-Troop" television series!) stars as an American in Switzerland who helps some scientists in a mountain-top observatory battle alien eye-creatures.  The creatures emerge from a mysterious mist and begin tearing the heads off of mountain climbers.

The movie is impossibly cheap, using some of the cheesiest matte paintings and miniatures that you will ever see.  The creatures look like a cross between an octopus, a fried egg, and a bloodshot eye.

Highly recommended if you're looking for some classic 1950s trash.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

peter johnson

I love this picture!
One of my all-time favorites --
You just gotta love an unprotected eyeball that's able to thrive in sub-zero temperatures . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

Scott

One of my favorite films also Peter Johnson. Big eye on top of a foggy mountain. You can find a copy at stores for under $10.00.  Good one for the collection.

Here's Andrews review of THE CRAWLING EYE

Flangepart

And also the MST3K take on it.
"Joel, whats so scary about rogue body parts?"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"