Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:59:12 AM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3:10 To Yuma (1957) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3:10 To Yuma (1957)  (Read 1905 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: March 20, 2005, 08:50:01 PM »

3:10 TO YUMA (1957) - Visually a great Western film. Not a bad story either, but I'm not a big fan of Glenn Ford fortunately Van Heflin is also in the film to balance it out. The end of the film is ineteresting as the movie goes real time during the last 20 minutes of the film while they try to get from the hotel room to the train station.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:21:14 AM »

I posted a little review of this a while back when I caught it one morning on TCM. Pretty good pyschological western.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 01:27:58 PM »

I've seen it. Though, I'm not a fan of it.

A better film (IMHO) with Glenn Ford is "The Sheepman." Somehting of a comedy western with Glenn Ford as the titular hero; Shirley Maclaine in one of her first screen appearances as the heroine; Mickey Shaughnessey, Edgar Buchanan, and Pedro Gonzales Gonzales providing the comic relief, as one of the bad guys, one of the good guys, and one of the ethnics, respectively; uncredited appearances by old time Western stars Hoot Gibson and Kermit Maynard; and as something of a change for them, Leslie Nielsen and Robert Pernell as the villains.

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 01:41:49 AM »

Yep, this is a good one, kinda drags in places, but, like you said, it has a good cast and story and(as usual) Richard Jaekel gets killed!

I used to share your opinion of Glenn Ford, Scott. But, check out The Big Heat, The Blackboard Jungle, or Gilda. You might change your mind. I was familiar with him from some of his crappy westerns of the 60's, but after I saw some of his other films....turned out he's a pretty good actor.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
trekgeezer

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 08:43:19 AM »

I just read that the director or Walk the Line, James Mangold,  has been tapped to direct the remake. A bit  of news I didn't know is that Elmore Leonard wrote the short story the original movie was based on.

I posted a small review of the original last year. http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?2,80241,80241#msg-80241

trekgeezer

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »

More news, Tom Cruise is interested in playing the Glenn Ford part in the remake. A certain site that will remain unnamed also says that Eric Bana is up for the Van Heflin part.

The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 03:19:05 PM »

"3:10 to Yuma"Wasn't Too Bad Of A Western.Delmer Davies,Like John Sturges and Anthony Mann,Was One Of The Unsung Heroes of Western Movies.Yes,John Ford;Howard Hawks and Sam Peckinpah Most Definitely Deserve All The Credit Due To Them.But Delmer Davies Did at Least Three Classic Westerns in the Fifties That Are Nearly Lost in The Vaults:"Broken Arrow"With Jimmy Stewart;"3:10 to Yuma"with Glenn Ford and "The Hanging Tree"with Gary Cooper.I Know That "3:10 To Yuma"is Available on DVD and "The Hanging Tree"Was Available on Video About Ten Years Ago.Unfortunately,"The Hanging Tree"is Out Of Print And While I've Found It on Amazon.Com and EBay,They Want A Pretty Penny For It!!By The Way,James Mangold Also Directed Lst Year's Johnny Cash Biopic "Walk the LIne"With Jaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon And Theyr'e Both Nominated For Oscars,So He Must Be Doing Something Right!!
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »

To Quote Will Smith From "Independence Day";"I Robot";"Bad Boys 1&2";etal.:AW HELL NAW!!!
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 08:10:39 PM »

Pedro Gonzales Gonzales Passed Away Last week. Kinda Think That Fred Armisen's SNL Character of Fericito Was Based On Him.I'm Pretty sure he's Got A Lot To Talk To John Wayne and Ward Bond About Up In The Hererafter!!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3:10 To Yuma (1957) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.