Westworld

<< < (2/3) > >>

DaveMunger:
I think the credits on The Terminator say something like "inspired by the works of Harlan Ellison". He comes up a lot in the credits of stuff as a consultant or something. Science Consultant on Babylon 5, which is kind of funny since science isn't exactly what he's known for. I heard the inspirations for The Terminator where Demon With A Glass Hand, and another Outer Limits that Ellison wrote, the one where the soldier from the future is accidentally transported to the 60s. The part I remember from that one is that he instinctively cries out "C.O." instead of "mommy".

I think of the mummy as the king of the inexorable shamblers, what was his weakness?

trekgeezer:
Harlan won the lawsuit (I think people pay him to shut up).  The Outer Limits episode was Demon with a Glass Hand,  the stories Soldier,  A Boy and His Dog, and the one you mentioned.  When it is shown now there is a special credit to Harlan.

To tell the truth, I don't know how anybody can write anything anymore without  being influenced by something else.  Harlan Ellison has sued a lot of people, he even sued AOL because they weren't fast  enough making someone get one of his stories off their webpage.

ulthar:
Dave Munger wrote:

>
> I think of the mummy as the king of the inexorable shamblers,
> what was his weakness?

You caught me!  The Mummy is actually one of my all-time favorites.  Oh the memories of sleepless nights as a kid with images of Boris Karloff in my mind.

I deliberately left The Mummy off my list of critters with known vulnerabilities, cuz I couldn't think of one.

Master Blaster:
Yeah I looked up some Ellison stuff after I posted just being curious. Seems to be a bit of a freak. Assimov said he was completely tactless. Still, I think he writes well. He's probably one of those eccentric writer types.

Scott:
Westworld was a fasinating film to see as a kid in the 70's.

The Twilight Zone actually did many things much better than movies and movie ideas of similiar storylines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page