Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:29:54 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tom Sizemore...reprobate « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tom Sizemore...reprobate  (Read 6398 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: March 24, 2005, 09:34:31 PM »

What the hell is with this guy?  These Hollywood types just kill me, they have everything going for them and they continuously  have act like damned fools.

He got arrested for drug possession and they put him on probation so he could go to Cambodia to shoot a movie with the condition he comes in for a drug test every week before he left. .  Back in February he shows up for the drug test and they noticed something not looking right. When they had him drop his pants , he's  wearing boxers with a fake penis sewn to them which is attached to a container of clean urine.  So back to jail he goes.

He says he is destitute and living in a friends garage in Whittier, CA.

Really makes you shake your head, what a pathetic story.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 09:49:43 PM »

A fake penis sewn to his underwear. I don't know which is worse, that he couldn't clean up his act, even for a few weeks, or that he tried such a stupid plan.

And stupid plan or not, if he can put that much effort into trying to deceive the authorities, you'd think he could have made an effort to do what was required of him.

It's a pity. I really liked Sizemore in anything I saw him in. Sounds like his career is pretty much over, unless he pulls himself together.

Post Edited (03-24-05 20:53)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 10:17:09 PM »

AndyC wrote:

>
> It's a pity. I really liked Sizemore in anything I saw him in.
> Sounds like his career is pretty much over, unless he pulls
> himself together.
>

You'd think that, wouldn't you?  But hasn't this kind ofthing become a sort of badge of honor in Hollywood in the last 10-15 years?

I like Sizemore's performances, too.  I hate when these guys do stuff like this - I'll never be able to watch him again without this rolling through the back of my mind: "oh yeah, THAT'S the guy who ...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Eirik
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 12:08:56 AM »

"What the hell is with this guy?"

The answer is obviously in the story itself - he's a drug addict.  That a drug addict failed rehab isn't exactly a front page headline - especially when the "recovering" addict is a movie star.  Recovering from drugs while working in movies must be like recovering from booze working in a bar or losing weight working in a bakery.  

He'll hit rock bottom - a homeless Oscar nominee.  Then it's anybody's guess - Dead of an OD or a murder, ala Bob Crane?  Religious conversion followed by recovery and a lifetime partnership with Mel Gibson?  Plowing into a father of three driving home late from work while he's wacked out on heroin?  Rescue by his former co-star Tom Hanks who, with the WWII vets sated, needs a new cause?  Time will tell.  My guess is that he'll be in a few movies of decreasing importance over the next few years and then we won't hear from him for a few decades or so when he pops up as a short news blurb announcing his death while flashing a clip from Saving Private Ryan, which by that time will be a Memorial Day tradition.  

He's probably about ten years behind Robert Downey Junior on the time line.  I do give him some points for the hilariousness of his attempt at fooling the drug test.  Funny story: I've never done drugs of any kind, even pot, and in college this made me something of an oddity -- all my friends did it, I'd just excuse myself from the room.  On one occasion, a lacrosse player offered me $20 to p**s in a jar for a drug test (not sure if it was sports related, but I think it was).  That was beer and Taco Bell money for a whole weekend, so I obliged.  The following year, I made $120 from him and several other players, but then graduated before business really got off the ground.  I have no idea how those morons got my p**s into the p**s test room.  I never asked.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tom Sizemore...reprobate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.