Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:47 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Apocalypse! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien Apocalypse!  (Read 2245 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 25, 2005, 10:15:13 PM »

Damn, I've been busy buying a house and moving in, but this is the first I've heard of this:  Alien Apocalypse this Saturday, Mar. 26 on Sci-fi, 9 pm e.s.t. (or e.d.t, I get those mixed up).  The kicker is it stars Bruce Campbell!  Looks sweet.
raj

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 10:17:44 PM »

Sorry, just saw the other topic on this.  Didn't mean to knock off your thread Trek.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 11:25:07 AM »

That's okay, I had to resurrect mine. I posted it a couple of weeks ago and nobody seemed interested.  Looks like real cheese for the Bruce to sink his teeth into though.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 06:51:41 PM »

I'm looking forward to it.  Already got the beer purchased.  It's tough to say from the trailer if it'll be good or not;  could go either way.
SubG_Man666
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 08:45:28 PM »

It's Bruce Campbell!!! What more does a movie need?!? Bruce takes on the bad guys!!! End of story!!! Groovy!!!

It's a trick! Get an axe!!!

P.S.    Sci Fi must be running a Bruce Campbell marathon.  Currently watching Army of Darkness.
nobody
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 12:21:46 AM »

Wow. I'm watching this crapfest right now- and it's awful. Extremely awful! The computer animated ant/wasp/aliens are goofy as all hell and the villager/slaver with the fake and unnecessary "Cannibal: The Musical" style beard is just plain pathetic. This is sure to be a bad movie hit.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 07:34:48 PM »

Hey, I think they spent most of the budget on lumber, bad wigs, and bad beards.

Sheesh! Bruce wasn't even up to his usual performance, seemed to be kinda walking through it.  Got to admit though they didn't give him much to work with.

Oh, they had life size models of the termites as well as the CG ones, but I think the design was just a tad bit too cartoony.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Kory
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 10:13:34 PM »

I'll agree that it was bad, but I enjoyed it a LOT.  My favorite Bruce-ism was the part when he killed the guy that raped the "hot" chick:

..Bruce shoots the arrow and hits him

Nasty Guy:  "Hey- you're a doctor!  Aren't you supposed to HEAL people?"

Bruce: "Yeah, well, your stupidity is terminal.  Now you're cured."
peter johnson
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 12:08:33 AM »

I caught this in a hotel on Whidbey Island over the weekend --
The thing that put me off right away -- and not just this film either -- was how freaking CLEAN all the opressed villagers were.
I mean, all the "ragged" costumes looked like they were freshly washed, and the people didn't have a speck of dirt on them!  And their teeth!!
If people really were peasantry like this, they would be filthy & have black nails & rotten teeth.
And, yes, the bug monsters were pretty silly & repetitive -- did you see them "loop" some of the action/some of the bugs just do the same thing over & over?
Note to board members:  When you make your apocalyptic movie, have a bucket of filth on hand to throw on your actors . . . please!!
peter johnson/denny crane
Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 02:54:06 PM »

Pretty awful.  Stupid for the sake of stupidity doesn't necessarily equate to humor.   Bruce made me chuckle a couple of times, that was it.

I liked that hot babe, Bizzy.  She was the only one who brought a bit of grade Z charm to the thing.  That girl from Xena seemed like it was her first time in front of a camera.  And what was with that rape scene?  Some guy jumps on her for 10 seconds, they're both fully clothed, and then "Bizzy's been raped"?  That was so stupid, why didn't they just leave it out.

Overall, completely uninvolving story, painful acting, awful dialogue.  I realize they had to do voice-overs for all the folks with the heavy accents, but did they have to get a guy who sounds like Yosemite Sam to do all of them?

raj

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »

I blame the scriptwriter.  And the director.  I think all the money went to get Bruce and Renee.  Fun in its own way though, should be good to MST3k.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alien Apocalypse! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.