Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:17:52 AM
714254 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reptilian « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reptilian  (Read 4524 times)
Warren H.
« on: December 04, 2001, 11:57:24 AM »

My, oh, my.  This was exactly like something I would have written as a child  - if I had been a child who had no idea how westerners talk or act.  There is no plot to speak of but there's this evil guy who digs up this big dinosaur and then aliens bring it back to life and then there are guys with rocket packs and another monster and they fight!  See what I'm saying?  The whole movie is a few "cool" scenes (cool to a pre-pubescent child) with other, seemingly unrelated, stuff going on around them.  Don't get me wrong, the movie was so unintentionally (?) hilarious that I liked it.  Bad CGI workers running away from bad CGI Yonggary, the "evil" MIB played by a bald, wheezing, scrawny old fart, the General who looks exactly like Londo from "Babylon 5", the fact that everyone smokes 18" long cigars, the potted plant and stuffed animal kept in the "war room" for decoration, all were details that were pleasing to me.

You can even play the Yonggary drinking game!  Any time a character says or does something so stupid it defies imagination, take a sip and only just a sip.  Any more and you'd be pickled in no time.
Gryphon
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2001, 01:53:41 PM »

"This is turning into a figgin' prehistoric petting zoo!"

Actually, this movie is better than Kraa the Sea Monster... (which isn't saying much)  Its quite entertaining though.  The acting is really bad.  So bad that sometimes its hilarious.  Pretty cool monster battle at the end tho.
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2001, 01:59:10 PM »

I liked Kraa a little more than Reptilian, the stupidity of it was a tad more intoxicating.  Still, watching Reptilian (which my seven year lost interest in and walked out on about three quarters of the way through) made me think that this is what Full Moon movies would look like if they pumped up the budgets a bit.
Gryphon
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2001, 02:38:30 PM »

I can't stand the Power Rangers similarities in Kraa.  (although I don't mind the rest of it)  I liked Zarkorr much better.  The best part of Kraa is when he busts through the GINO billboard.

Full Moon Movies?  I thought it was Monster Island Productions.
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2001, 02:55:58 PM »

Surrender Cinema = Filmonsters = Pulp Fantasy = Big City = Cult Video = ...

Charles Band created lots of different little 'distributors' for his Full Moon schlock empire, just check out fullmoonpictures.com (still undergoing 'reconstruction' - no doubt due in part to one of Band's countless shady business deals going south, don't worry though - he'll be back - just like the flu) for all the various names of the seemingly endless tentacles FMP has.

Band, bless is heart, is like Roger Corman - he always lands on his feet, no matter how badly it appears he has stumbled.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2001, 06:19:42 PM »

If movies can be ordered with extra cheese, this one is covered in velveeta! Lots of straight lines to be taken. Must...Misty....can't hold back....have to....get to tape recorder!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2001, 06:24:15 PM »

I've never seen either, but I always smile seeing Kraa on the shelf, imagining the board meeting behind it:

PRODUCER: Say, it looks like we have a winner on our hands! All we need now is a title...

DIRECTOR: Well, I was thinking something along the lines of-- (chokes on lozenge, starts pulling on collar) KRAA! KRAAAAA!

PRODUCER: "Kraa," eh? I like it. Nice work!

DIRECTOR: (Passes out on floor, is carried out by security guards)
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2001, 06:01:56 AM »

What can I say? They used extensive CGI effects to masterfully imitate three guys (two for Cyker) in rubber suits. That alone warrants executions across the board.

The fragrance you smell is either the smoldering legs and asses of the Rocket Rangers, or the film itself.

The final shot represents the ultimate pussification (look it up!*) of a giant monster; this guy is more milquetoast than the Quasi-Kongs of King Kong Escapes and/or Lives.

Hey, what happened to the cameraman? His performance was at least as good as the blinking, dancing retard-o-puppet in A*P*E. (Okay, maybe not.)

Yonggary turns invisible, but not intangible--otherwise, he could rematerialize anywhere at the aliens' whim--in another city, or another continent, or even inside Donald Rumsfield's colon. This, then, begs the question: why bother? Unlike Deanzilla, he has no fear of fire...

*Don't look it up. I was just checking.

www.maakies.com
So very, very sick.
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2001, 12:01:04 PM »

From what i understood of the aliens diolouge, they were beaming the Y. around. Mr Scott would be pleased, but it makes the monster redundant. If they have a transporter that powerful....why not beam the human race into the vac. of space! Quicker, and more effeciant. What, are they takeing bets on the monsters back in engeneering? "20 Quatloos on Yongarry, can i get 25 Quatloos....25,30 quatloos on !..." You get the picture. If the aliens are that advanced, why bother with the monsters? Only some psycotic gamesmanship could explaine it. "Look, Maxinarus, we can only budget so much for this invasion, i have a whole nother galaxy to invade! Look, i can spare some geneiticly inhanced monsters, take 'um or leave 'um. Just remember, thats all ya' get, so use 'um spareingly!" Only thing that makes sence....if that word could ever be applyed here.
Gryphon
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2001, 03:22:30 PM »

They could only beam Yonggary around because of the "Daemon" in its forehead from what I understood.  Lets see them try and implant them into the foreheads of the "entire world"!
Flangepart
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2001, 12:20:46 PM »

D'oh! Thats right. Thats why the rocket man had to play chicken with the forehead of Y. Corse....that don't change the fact that they was still useing a giant monster to trash....and i quote..."The City". Not which city,mind you, but  "The" City! And the Tick was nowhere to be found. HaH! Remember the Tick Toon with Dinosaur Larry? Tick Vs. Dai Kaiju! Gotta love it. :)
Cullen
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2001, 04:55:56 PM »

God, I feel sorry for The City and all it's suffered.  First that attack by daushunds dessed as rats (Deadly Eyes) and now Yongarry.  Thank God I live in The Town, far away from such things.
Cullen
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2001, 04:58:52 PM »

dessed (v) - archaic term used for a  coustume of an animal worn by an animal.

See!  I didn't screw up.  Not my fault I have a large vocabulary of made-up words.

(I must be tired or something.  Ugh.)
Lee
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2001, 11:38:04 PM »

Cullen, you need to get out more buddy.
Cullen
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2001, 02:28:21 AM »

"Cullen, you need to get out more buddy."

No lie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reptilian « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.