Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:55:49 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 scariest movie moments 2nite on Bravo « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 100 scariest movie moments 2nite on Bravo  (Read 2712 times)
h.p. love
« on: April 02, 2005, 02:30:39 PM »

Saw this a while back but planning to tape it tonight. I don't think the moments are ranked in order but I might be wrong. I can't remember the specifics but I'm pretty sure Kath Bates's hot tub scene in "About Schmidt" is included.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 10:38:04 AM »

I saw some of this last night from 60 on down. Some of it was right but I also have problems with some of what was picked as a scary moment.  A scene from Single White Female where Jennifer Jason Leigh walks down the stairs of a salon with her hair colored and cut exactly like Fonda is a scary moment? Maybe a turning point in the movie but I wouldn't consider it scary. There were just a few movies on the list that didn't belong but over-all, it was a pretty good series of shows.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

I saw the countdown for about the top 40 or so last night.  Overall, I think they did a pretty good job, but I think some of the rankings were way out of line.  For example, I think HELLRAISER was rated much too close to the top, and ROSEMARY'S BABY wasn't close enough to the top.  Plus, sometimes they drifted away from "scariest moments" and sort of talked about an entire movie rather than a particular scary scene.  But I enjoyed it anyway.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
h.p. love
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 10:15:43 PM »

I watched a little bit of the last segment but I taped it all for later. The format is a lot like vh1's "I love the 80s" in that they show clips and have celebrities commenting and / or acting goofy. It's great to see folks like Stephen King, Clive Barker, George Romero, Peter Jackson, Wes Craven, etc. And also obscure people like one of the goons from "Last House on the Left". But, I can do without hearing from a couple of implanted beer commercial twins and the actor who played Hellboy or the creators of Club Dread. Nothing against those people but they were at the wrong end of the spectrum. 100 scariest movie moments with at least 16 unnecessary guests. Where is Joe Bob Briggs when you need him?
imamy
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 03:09:06 PM »

Does anyone have a list of all the titles of the movies the clips came from?
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 11:09:42 PM »

imamy wrote:

> Does anyone have a list of all the titles of the movies the
> clips came from?

Go Here

Susan
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 08:43:18 AM »

I like rosemary's baby but none of the scenes are truly "scary".  I'm a tough one to scare tho. The one movie that sticks out is "Exorcist III" there was a pretty creepy scene with a nurse and a giant pair of metal shears. The list from the link above doesn't really explain the exacty moment in the movie that was the scariest. ;-/
lol willie wonka, must be the oompa loompas

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

I'm with you about Exorcist III, Susan.

I'm a huge fan of the film, and it's one of the only ones to scare me in a long time.  Not just the nurse with the shears, but there's the scene with the nurse walking across the hallway.  Then everything goes silent and all of a sudden BAM! there's a person dressed in all white running across the hallway with a knife.  

I think I almost p**sed myself the first time I saw that scene.  It's still just as effective fifteen years later.

I don't recall if that was listed on Bravo or not.  Probably not.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »

Having seen the show on Bravo, I don't remember that scene from "The Exorcist 3." But, I do believe they did have a scene from "The Exorcist 3." It is the one where the old woman crawls up the wall and onto the ceiling.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 03:01:02 PM »

I thought this was an alright show but there was too much camera time devoted to showing the commentators and not enough time showing clips from each movie.

They should've used more voice over while showing more of each film clip.

Other than that I thought it was decent.

blkrider
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 04:57:59 PM »

I thought it was pretty good for a mainstream program...they got some Fulci in there and that was cool.  

I've seen the whole thing twice now--I was glad that most of my favorites did pretty well, though there are a few I would not put on there.  It's hard to remember that they're just talking about MOMENTS in all types of movies, not scariest movies of all time....still, I could have done without The Game, Jurassic Park, and Pacific Heights being included, among others.
tom HO
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 06:24:04 PM »

im so mad,I put caps locks on f**k YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!odinn7 wrote:

> I saw some of this last night from 60 on down. Some of it was
> right but I also have problems with some of what was picked as
> a scary moment.  A scene from Single White Female where
> Jennifer Jason Leigh walks down the stairs of a salon with her
> hair colored and cut exactly like Fonda is a scary moment?
> Maybe a turning point in the movie but I wouldn't consider it
> scary. There were just a few movies on the list that didn't
> belong but over-all, it was a pretty good series of shows.
>

odinn7

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 08:14:41 PM »

tom HO wrote:

> im so mad,I put caps locks on f**k YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!odinn7
> wrote:

Actually, I'm surprised that with your level of intelligence that you were even able to apply the caps lock. Now, since you have school tomorrow, off to bed with you before mommy gets mad...and don't forget to go potty first, you know wetting the bed is naughty.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 scariest movie moments 2nite on Bravo « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.