Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:24:23 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cube Zero (spoilers aplenty). « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cube Zero (spoilers aplenty).  (Read 1228 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 01, 2005, 09:21:27 AM »

Just rented Cube Zero, and I now think ,having seen all three Cube films to date, that the direct-to-video sequels are quite reasonable, if not good in their own right. Impressions follow:

1) Cube: The original. Several unrelated people wake up with their memories erased in a cube-like prison where many rooms contain sudden death traps. More a character-driven piece than the rest, this is the least sci-fi of them all. Good, but overrated, IMHO. I enede with too many questions, and certainly director Vicent Natali expects the mood and pace to suffice. It doesn't.

2) Cube 2 - Hypercube. A neat sequel, even if Andreij Sekula's storytelling drags a little bit in the middle section. More sci-fi than the first, provides several reasonable answers to the how and why of the cubic prison.

The big revelation is that is some sort of secret government containment-and-experimentation device all in one. While some might hate this explanation, I found it quite sensible. Who else could afford the money and resources to carry out such a plan?

3) Cube - Zero. The latest. A major improvement over Cube 2. The most sci-fi film of the series, because having already introduced (twice already) the basics and behaviour of the cubic prison, a good deal of the screentime is used developing other shades of the cube universe, like the dystopian society who has developed it and the pressure on the two technicians who overview the fate of the prisoners.

While most of it works nicely (specially the growing tension that develops within the technitians as one of them starts questioning too many things), I hated the OTT villain. I also found quite a disappointment the idea of the cube being a gulag of a future dystopian regime. Somehow that took a great edege of it for me. I mean, the idea that a present-day, democratic government having designed the cube (as suggested in Cube 2) was far more scary IMHO.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 09:54:48 AM »

OH MY F'IN GOD! You've ruined all 3 movies for me now! I was going to rent them but now that I've seen all these spoilers, it's ruined...just ruined...sob...sniff....

Woops, my mistake...I see you put "spilers aplenty" in the title...never mind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 02:48:59 PM »

Cube was great. Loved it.
Cube 2 was very good, even though I hated the ending.
Cube Zero was good, but underwheling, I had expected more.
I luv dolma
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 03:20:50 PM »

Just a note, all the strangers in the first movie, had their memories.

I love all of them, to be honest. The first can easily fit on the top ten list of fav movies of all time. As for the second, it was so mediocre compared to the other two. And for Cube Zero, there was just way too much gore. BUT I LOVED THE ENDING SO MUCH FOR CUB ZERO! I WAS ABOUT TO STARY CRYING! YES, I SAID "CRYING"!

Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 10:17:42 AM »

I hated the ending of the first flick...what, i want more?
" IT was the invention of a psycho" is the only sensable explination of the whole scenario.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cube Zero (spoilers aplenty). « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.